Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe DLo injury is killing our starting unit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2574916&mesg_id=2592106
2592106, The DLo injury is killing our starting unit
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jan-26-17 09:43 AM
The starters without DLo are sincerely terrible...27 points TOTAL last night, 15 of them from Nick. The starting rotation with DLo/Nick/Luol/Randle/Moz is +7 per 100 possessions on the year, you take DLo out and there's nearly a 27 point drop (-20 per 100 possessions)...I knew it was bad but good lord. Luke has to change this unit if we want to give ourselves a chance in this next week or so while DLo recovers.

As for the team itself...at this point, I'd be ecstatic with 25 wins and the #2 odds in the lottery which is what we're projecting at if the current trends hold. +8 wins, continue to allow these guys to develop (on that note, Zubac is certainly showing some real growth in recent games) and actually learn from their mistakes, and the shot at another top player, I'm ok with that.

Last note...cats need to relax about DLo, Julius, and Ingram. These are the 3 players who are being challenged to do the most, often outside of their comfort zones, so it's no coincidence they have had the most ups and downs of all players on the team. Growth/learning is a non-linear process and that variance becomes even more skewed depending on how many new inputs/stresses you're putting into the system. I'd much rather have them develop excellent habits and refine new skill-sets now rather than allow them to play how they are comfortable and then try and break down those habits later. It's certainly a slower process but it's more conducive to maximum development, and I'm very happy this coaching staff understands that (as Luke has iterated prior to the season and during the season...this season is about teaching these guys how to play, success is a by-product of that).