Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo worries. Anyhow I would like to note the distinction in my
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2574916&mesg_id=2582297
2582297, No worries. Anyhow I would like to note the distinction in my
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Dec-14-16 07:24 PM
question from TT's, in that my question was whether they'd be in the mix for the playoffs and not whether they'd be in the playoffs.

I think it's still a valid question given that it took a massive slide for the boobirds to come out the woodwork. the Laker Hate Brigade and Philly heads have been remarkably silent outside of Bshelly's early jab. People won't admit it but this team did plenty to make that 8th seed worth discussing.

The fact that this slide came during a rash of injuries plus JC hitting a perfectly predictable slump leads me to believe they didn't "come back down to Earth" so much as they simply didn't overcome a stiff dose of adversity.

The reason I'm not tripping on the team- or JC's- slump is rooted in my earlier evaluation. Our success has been predicated on being something of a hydra, having so many heads that they ultimately overwhelmed teams. We'd pepper a team with jabs and a couple of guys would show up for the winning haymakers.

Lou has been our great constant while P, JC, D LO, and JYJ would create some variation of the winning combo. With two of those four out for an extended period that means JC and JYJ had to hit those punches every night. Neither is quite ready for that and BI isn't at that point just yet. I'd be more comfortable saying this downturn is more in line with our true self had it come with everyone healthy. I think the laughter at the idea of snagging that 8 seed is nothing but opportunism right now.