Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAre you ready to call them a playoff contender yet?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2574916&mesg_id=2579199
2579199, Are you ready to call them a playoff contender yet?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Nov-28-16 10:53 AM
I'm resolved to wait until mid-January to feel comfortable in making a prediction on being in that 8th seed hunt but I will say they've made it hard not to call them a threat to that spot right today.

The absence of JYJ and DLo has been noticeable and I have to believe we'd have matched up better with GS if we had them on the roster, defensive woes and all I'd say we'd have been much more competitive in those games.

I can't believe I'm saying it out loud but Lou and P look like a headache combination so far. Lou has this smooth, understated way of attacking the rack and getting easy buckets for us while P has proven effective in pick & pop situations.

I feel like we have enough depth at every position with guys who can be a force on either end on any given night that we can win enough games through sheer attrition to make that 8 seed a realistic proposition. The cynic in me says to wait on this but I'm starting to believe that our current record is a true representation of who this team is.