Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectawesome final day of the regular season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2567942&mesg_id=2568090
2568090, awesome final day of the regular season
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Mon Oct-03-16 04:51 PM
how does Upton take that 3rd called strike? brutal. Verlander pitched his heart out too, Detroit just ran into a buzzsaw in Teheran.

Jays-Sox game was great too with Sanchez taking a no-hitter into the 7th in Boston against that lineup of death. Man when Hanley is locked in at the plate he's a monster.

great day of baseball.

>-all due respect to vin scully. (worth the price of mlb.tv
>alone.)

loved this pic of Vin celebrating Dodgers clinching the division:

https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.net/uploads/image/file/205873/cropped_vin_scully.jpg

>-do you realize how many homeruns were hit this season? (5587
>& counting, 2nd only to 2000, by FAR the most post-steroid
>era. .......it's like they're using golf balls or something.)

yeah there were a record 107 or something players with 20+ home runs this season, almost felt like the early 2000's where it seemed like every other random middle infielder was popping 20 homers.

>-which of the youngsters will carry steam into next season?
>(trea?, renfroe?, buck?, dahl?, sanchez?)

Turner is a baller, Sanchez has legit power, dunno if he's quite *this* good but haven't seen enough of him to tell so we'll see.

>-who are the MVPs & CYs?

Bryant & Scherzer in NL

Typically voters would give it to Betts but I think they might just relent to Trout's greatness this year, should be close either way. If Detroit had managed to scratch out a couple of runs yesterday Verlander would've had the Cy locked down but I think he still wins the vote.

>R.I.P jose fernandez.

still can't believe it. I would usually try to watch his starts whenever I could because he was so exciting and fun to watch pitch, but during his final start the other week I was focused on the Mets game chasing the wild card so I missed it, remember thinking damn Fernandez pitched a gem & I should've clicked over to watch. Then boom he's gone. That hit me more than any athlete/celebrity death has before, just how young and full of life he was, what a great talent he was, everything he went through to get here, then find out his girlfriend is expecting their first child, just gut-wrenching.