Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTE isn’t a position that is going to make or break a fantasy season.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2558409&mesg_id=2773991
2773991, TE isn’t a position that is going to make or break a fantasy season.
Posted by allStah, Sat Oct-15-22 06:55 AM
So the focal point is to get a TE that is serviceable, where you’re getting 7-10 points
per matchup. In my league, there are several serviceable TEs who are still available to
claim.

Hurst for the past two weeks have been avg double digit fantasy points, and prior to that
he had a week where he generated 7 points and a week where he generated 9 points. He is
still available in my league.

Smith Jr, Tonyan, and Conklin are also serviceable and are still available in my league,
so I’m sure one - if not all - of those TEs are still available in your league as well.

Justin Jefferson is arguably the best WR in fantasy. He scored 39 points in the first week,
and has averaged 30 points per matchup in the past two weeks. AJ Brown did score 25 points in the first week of fantasy, but since then his numbers have gone south, and he has
nowhere near the same scoring potential as Jefferson because he has to share targets
with Smith and Goedart. Plus Hurts himself is the number 1 scoring option in red zone
situations, where he will just run it in for the TD himself.

Now let’s look at the ceiling of the players who were involved in the trade. Jefferson’s ceiling
Is 39-40 points. brown’s ceiling is 20-25 points. Everett’s ceiling is 17 points. A serviceable
TE’s ceiling is 10 points.

Jefferson and and a serviceable TE could get you 50 points per week, where as Brown
and Everett could get you 42 points per week….Thats a difference of 8 potential fantasy
points, which is a huge difference in fantasy.

He weakened his WR lineup to improve his TE lineup. That’s a terrible fantasy move.