Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBasketball Breakdown on what happened to THE FRAUD last month
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2555861
2555861, Basketball Breakdown on what happened to THE FRAUD last month
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 07:45 AM

this site gives excellent frame-by-frame analysis. i love their twitter account. great to follow during games. i've seen some of you post their stuff here, too.

so, if you REALLY wanna talk basketball and ignore the petty agenda stuff, I suggest you watch this video and ponder their points about steph's incredibly disappointing play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUU5q2kSDtk

HOWEVER, i will not be participating in any discussion about this video, because i haven't watched and will never watch it. i don't need to know shit other than kyrie busted his ass.

2555867, Where's the breakdown of you focusing on family and projects for a year?
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 09:36 AM
2555871, RE: Where's the breakdown of you focusing on family and projects for a year?
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 09:55 AM

edit: i don't need to give my credits to some mad bitch.

2555887, Just keep yr throwing-shit-agendas-at-the-wall ass away from the Lakers
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 11:29 AM
2555889, i can't promise that i will comply with your request
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 11:32 AM
2556009, lol.... Lebron came back to Cleveland....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-10-16 05:51 PM
that's the breakdown...
2555873, While we're here: best breakdown of what happened in the Finals
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jul-10-16 10:19 AM
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8170163

Sad Hour meeting this week guys?

-->
2555877, You ever notice how much ANALYSIS we get when Bron loses?
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 10:37 AM

man, we ain't gettin no more threads with hundreds of replies about "the best player" CHOKING in the NBA finals.

i really miss all that sincere non-agenda-based ANALYSIS around here.
2555885, Going through the archives to read the non-sense is absurd.
Posted by Vex_id, Sun Jul-10-16 11:23 AM
There were *factions* of cats on this site writing novels about their disdain for James and actually positing themselves as objective - an alliance was drawn between lakers/knicks fans and other anti-Kangs to where it became a frenzy of "lolz" behind every unfair/sad criticism.

*now* cats are like: "oh you're just going to keep posting about this historic, all-time paradigm-shift moment in the NBA?"

it's been a few weeks. And that's not how it works.

The Agendas are coming home to roost.

Perhaps once we all learn our lessons and stop living in denial - then when we can all get back to enjoying basketball again and producing unfettered analysis.

But we're not there yet. Still, we're here for them and I want them to know that.

-->
2555891, i haven't even gotten at knicks fans for shittin on JR and Shump
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 11:35 AM

they really enjoyed themselves last year and throughout the season. i ain't forgot none of it.

they really think they gettin through this without ALL of it being addressed.

right now i'm just focused on THE FRAUD. the way these niggas talked about that dude...LMAO. maaaaaan.

and now it's PERFECTLY fine to admit they're okay with him being durant's SIDEKICK while shitting on The Young Legend for being Bron's SIDEKICK.

there is so much to unpack here. it's pathetic and hilarious at once.
2555892, Kyrie has the talent to match Steph but his resume is nowhere near rn
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 11:44 AM
He has youth on his side but this kind of premature coronation and overexaggeration is absurd and you're smart enough to know it.
2555894, he's 24. Of course his resume don't match a 28 year-old
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 12:20 PM
You're making the mistake of forgetting how young he is...yet again.

I think it BOTHERS you niggas how young he is and outplaying niggas in they prime.

When steph was 24, his resume was one all-star selection and a rookie team.

Facts hurt.
2555895, Actually i rly like Kyrie. But Kyrie being 24 does not = Steph's a fraud
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 12:37 PM
That is the kind of un-nuanced willful ignorance that you're better than.
2555897, being called "best player" "top 5 PG all-time" then shitting the bed
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 12:46 PM
When it mattered most? Yeah, that makes you a fraud.

Bron got called out when he did it in 2011. Who the fuck you think steph is to not get fried?
2555898, so then, by that logic, Bron is also a FRAUD.
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 12:58 PM
c'mon.

shit, by that logic Bron is an even bigger fraud, because when he shit the bed he had NO rings. at least Steph beat Bron for a title before he soiled the sheets.

you're a jackass on these boards.

but i've heard you speak. you're not this stupid.

Steph caught an L. he's no fraud tho. YOU know he's not a fraud so don't be dense on purpose.

jesus.

y'all talking about how we just can't talk about sports now because the agendas have taken over but here you are perpetuating the problem.
2555900, y'all sucked his dick all year and he got exposed. Now you mad.
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 01:06 PM
I knew the FRAUD shit was gon make y'all mad, that's why I put that shit in CAPS, because he's a FRAUD.

"Never seen this before"

"Who can stop this?"

"He changing the way the game is played"

The nigga is a FRAUD.
2555903, that's the thing: i'm literally not mad.
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 01:11 PM
and of those quotes the only thing i said is "we've never seen anything like this" because it's true, no one had.

shit, EVERY person that works in or around basketball said it and they are much smarter than i am when it comes to hoops. but * I * have never seen shooting like that.

the only thing that's irritating (if you wanna say i'm mad about something) is your inability to be honest just to prove some stupid ass point then complain about how people ruin the board trying to prove points.

like i said, by your stupid logic Bron is a bigger fraud. but hey, you seem to live by stupid logic that you claim is sound reasoning when it fits your dumb agendas.
2555907, EVERY person not named Oscar, Isiah, MCGrady?
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 01:17 PM
There I just engaged you in serious debate by factually refuted your bullshit. Those are just three names who weren't acting fucking stupid about what steph was doing because they knew he ain't reinvent the wheel.

Isiah was prolly sick he wasn't 25 years younger to expose that FRAUD himself, so he helped his mentee do it for him.
2555909, c'mon man. you know i don't mean LITERALLY everyone.
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 01:37 PM
there's exceptions to every rule, but i'd guess 85% or more "basketball people" were saying that shit.
2555910, You said "every"
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 01:41 PM
2555928, smh.
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 02:34 PM
you're better than this.

or maybe not.
2555930, You put it in all caps too..."EVERY"
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 02:40 PM
Own your shit. We can't have these high brow sports discussions when people like you say hyperbolic shit and then act like they've been wrong when they get called out.
2556012, no that's fine....this is typical you.
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 05:59 PM
when you get called out on some bullshit you find something to latch on to and you just hammer it until the other posters give up from being browbeaten. so you've decided to latch on to the definition of the word "every."

so, if you wanna try to promote your agenda on some shit you KNOW i didn't mean in the literal sense that's fine.

but you know you're full of shit so that's okay with me.

and i'm wondering if you'll ever address how your dumb ass logic makes Bron and even bigger fraud.

probably not, because you do what most good debate folks do: deflect, deny and ignore.
2556013, nigga, i will GLADLY sacrifice bron being a fraud pre-2012...
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 06:01 PM
because steph got exposed as a FRAUD last month and until he proves he wasn't like BRON DID, i don't give a fuck what you saying, dogg.

so, cool, call bron a fraud for not winning until 2012. fuck i care?

i know it took steph facing the most depleted, injury-riddled team in finals history to win his shit. i'm sure bron would have loved chandler and terry being fucked up when they faced dallas, so he could fall back asswards into his first ring. would been nice and easy.
2556020, okay, so how is Steph gonna NOT be a fraud in your eyes?
Posted by PROMO, Sun Jul-10-16 06:19 PM
since you implied there's a way for him to prove he's not.

>because steph got exposed as a FRAUD last month and until he
>proves he wasn't like BRON DID, i don't give a fuck what you
>saying, dogg.

well, the way you talk that isn't even possible. so, let's say steph averages 27 and 10 dimes and wins MVP (3rd in a row). not gonna stop calling him a fraud then, rigght? so let's say the Warriors go and beat Bron for the chip. the you and your ilk gonna say "well fuck Steph it don't count cuz he had to go and add Durant (keeping mind the team did that, not Steph, and it's a smart fucking move). it's always gonna be something with you and yours. if it fits your agenda it's gravy. if not, deny deny deny.

>i know it took steph facing the most depleted, injury-riddled
>team in finals history to win his shit. i'm sure bron would
>have loved chandler and terry being fucked up when they faced
>dallas, so he could fall back asswards into his first ring.
>would been nice and easy.

as i told Legs, it's all good to say Bron didn't win last year cuz of injuries, but if anyone says Steph's hurt this year, Bogut hurt, Dray suspended for Game 5...it's pleas copped. when it's Bron it's "reasons" but when it's anyone else it's "pleas" or "excuses."

y'all so transparent.
2556024, bogut injury (he sorry) and dray SUSPENDED (his FAULT) are pleas
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 06:28 PM

i don't wanna hear that shit. bron ain't have love and kyrie FROM JUMP.
2555911, That's what's frustrating. He's being dense on purpose. Smh
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 01:44 PM
2555899, For one thing, Steph's already won a title, and in 2011 Bron hadn't
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 01:05 PM
2011 was also the third straight year Bron's team got upset by a lower seed in the playoffs, when a heavy favorite. Steph's got multiple god body playoff performances to his credit and this is the first real bump in his upward trajectory - which, again, has already resulted in a title, in addition to 73 wins and shattering the single-season 3 pt record.
2555901, for one, niggas talked shit about Bron ALL SEASON this year
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-10-16 01:07 PM
For two...Steph is a fuckin FRAUD.
2555912, Good logic. You're a clown.
Posted by theeraser, Sun Jul-10-16 01:44 PM
2555922, "we?" "back to"?
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-10-16 02:26 PM
2555942, The Adorable, Unanimous L That Cuddly Media Confection Caught Last Month
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jul-10-16 03:28 PM
was chicken soup for our agenda souls wasn't it, Ba?

I support this post 100% without seeing a frame of that video.

Because we all saw THAT wherever we were at the time (for me that was Davenport Iowa in the midst of my first and last cross-country drive).

Three days later, was in Cleveland laughing & toasting with The Doc in honor of The People's Championship team talking about how all those sycophants, stat-nerds, Steve Kerr, Crane Kick Green, PBS Logo Face and *especially* that Special Little Guy all just got PIPE'd by Bron & 'Rie.

In the end, even Love was HELPIN!

Hahahahaaaahahaaaa!!!!

Then they had to go send for The Servant?!?

BWAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!!!!

That Cute Charade ain't ever gonna be the best player on his own again let alone the league.

I don't need nothing else.

Shit I ain't even put on shoes since.

It's hot as fuck back east....but happiness abounds.

I'll be in DC over next weekend if you get a break from work/child-rearing and wanna come out to get a drink on me. peace.

2555946, Had to do a double take...welcome back?
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun Jul-10-16 03:42 PM
2555953, whattup brotha, yeah I'm back, OKS' long international nightmare is over
Posted by Bombastic, Sun Jul-10-16 04:03 PM
jokes but yeah I'm gonna be around a bit, just dipping my toes in at the moment but feel free to catch me up on anything I've missed from the past year and change.

I'm now back east as well, though in ways (outside of rent) I'm missing Southern California already.

My place went up $800 in rent on the day I bounced, I coulda jerked Donald Sterling for like the next four decades if I just had a little bit more money to sit on that place but after about 13 years (10/11 in that same building) it was time to make a move.
2556028, RE: whattup brotha, yeah I'm back, OKS' long international nightmare is over
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun Jul-10-16 06:44 PM
>jokes but yeah I'm gonna be around a bit, just dipping my
>toes in at the moment but feel free to catch me up on anything
>I've missed from the past year and change.

Same ole shit, agendas taking up an even greater proportion of the boards.

>I'm now back east as well, though in ways (outside of rent)
>I'm missing Southern California already.

Where you settling at? I am likely moving out to NY next summer to start my own therapy cash practice...too much opportunity (meaning shitty treatment and therapists combined with a ton of money) to pass up on; also, something I personally need to do as I left NY after only 4 months the first time after realizing I didn't want to go the typical business school route, telling myself I would be back on my own terms. That time is coming, full circle. Funny thing is (and something I knew going in) having a business background in the medical field puts you about 10 steps ahead of anyone else.

>My place went up $800 in rent on the day I bounced, I coulda
>jerked Donald Sterling for like the next four decades if I
>just had a little bit more money to sit on that place but
>after about 13 years (10/11 in that same building) it was time
>to make a move.

Damn...but definitely seemed like a time for that next change. Can't ever get stagnant, keep challenging and pushing. My brother and sis-in-law moved down from the bay to buy a place in SM (well west LA technically, but essentially SM) so after visiting them numerous times and now being in AZ, I feel your pain personally. Glad you're back.
2556223, welcome back, dogg.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-11-16 01:04 PM
2556734, thanks homie
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-14-16 01:38 PM
2556735, thanks homie
Posted by Bombastic, Thu Jul-14-16 01:38 PM
2556204, 4yrs ago nobody gave a damn about the Warriors
Posted by SouthwestAirlines, Mon Jul-11-16 12:23 PM
David Lee could make the all-star game but Curry couldnt
Draymond was coming off the bench
Klay wasnt thought as the best 2way guard in the league
Golden State wasnt a free agent destination

Fast forward to the present:

1 chip
2 finals
2 MVPs
a few NBA records broken
a few ALL NBA honors
Sign Kevin Durant

Nobody saw all of this coming

Warriors playing with house money mayne

2556217, whatever....win the 2017 title or die fryin
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-11-16 12:49 PM
2556220, LOL, what kinda basic thinking is that?
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-11-16 12:51 PM
So because a team developed its players and became great, they're now playing with house money? That's just outstandingly basic
2556224, sure 3 years ago all that stuff woulda been gravy. Now expectations
Posted by Cenario, Mon Jul-11-16 01:09 PM
have clearly changed. With a chip, season mvps, regular season records, signing durant, etc. expectations reasonably rise.
2556233, exactly
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-11-16 01:20 PM
By his kind of reasoning, unless a team trades for superstars and expectations are championship from day 1, then the team is playing with house money. That's just silly lol.
2556285, thats my point. 4yrs ago there was no expectations
Posted by SouthwestAirlines, Mon Jul-11-16 03:37 PM
Warriors were never in the discussions like the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs
etc & they surpassed them
2556289, And the last 2 years they have been, expectations change
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-11-16 03:49 PM
As the team gets better. Using expectations from 4 years ago when this team was in its infancy is just silly.
2556300, Warriors won a chip when it wasnt predicted or expected
Posted by SouthwestAirlines, Mon Jul-11-16 04:43 PM
so now whatever happens is just extra gravy
because the Warriors were never supposed to be THIS

Thats why its funny to see the original poster wanna discredit a player
who was never supposed to be a 2x MVP or champion

Kyrie was a #1 draft pick, franchise player, but couldnt make the playoffs until LeBron returned to CLE

So who's the real fraud?

Kyrie finally lived up to expectations by winning a chip
while Curry exceeded expectations by winning one
2556759, when you're 73-9 there is no gravy
Posted by pretentious username, Thu Jul-14-16 03:45 PM
you're supposed to win. that's all there is to it.
2556243, Want to get away after that ridiculous comment?
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Jul-11-16 01:34 PM
You should prob re-analyze what "playing with house money" actually means in the context of sports.

-->
2556288, tell me so you can feel better
Posted by SouthwestAirlines, Mon Jul-11-16 03:42 PM
2561429, RE: Basketball Breakdown on what happened to THE FRAUD last month
Posted by bentagain, Tue Aug-23-16 05:57 PM