Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAre utility players the best guys in MLB?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2548577&mesg_id=2659111
2659111, Are utility players the best guys in MLB?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon May-28-18 01:41 AM
Magic and Jordan is fairly close like on four nights Jordan would be better on four type shit. But he was definitely better. Fuck positional versatility (BTW Jordan could play three positions), look at well-roundedness. He could become a facilitator when needed. He could rebound when called upon. Magic was obviously much better at those things but he wasn't the scorer Jordan was, even when asked to score, and he was nowhere near the defender.

LeBron is now making a very interesting argument. He is, around the same age that Jordan did, become the guy you just don't want to fuck with in a Game 7 or the fourth quarter thereof. For years Jordan lorded that over him, and of course the low point was the 2011 Finals. But LeBron is now becoming the Justin Williams of basketball while also being the best player in the game on a minute-to-minute basis. I still don't think he is as masterful offensively as Jordan and certainly not as pretty, but there is an element of force to his game that wasn't in Jordan's as well. Defensively he picks his spots a bit but he also doesn't have a Pippen type defender on his squad. I think the versatility argument comes into play on defense, he can guard more positions and he can roam more, obviously he is more a shot-blocker, too. Man defense and playing the lanes I would give to Jordan though. It's becoming closer and closer, we'll see how long LeBron can continue to evolve before he declines.