Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Jordan's rings vs Bron's rings
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2548577&mesg_id=2549804
2549804, RE: Jordan's rings vs Bron's rings
Posted by Kira, Tue Jun-21-16 05:56 PM
I've seen this argument thrown around on here before and now that Bron cemented his Hall of Fame candidacy I deem it necessary to talk about it.

Let's get some quick facts about the way about chips:
Russell has 11 chips
John Havlichek has 8 chips
Jorn has 6 chips
Bron has 3 chips with six consecutive NBA finals appearances so FOH holding 6 against Bron.

On paper Jordan supporters cite 6-0 and shrug but it's not that simple upon further examination.

Jordan beat these six teams:
1991 Lakers (58-24)
1992 Trail Blazers (57-25)
1993 Suns (62-20)
1996 SuperSonics (64-18)
1997 Jazz (64-18)
1998 Jazz (62-20)

These teams won 74.6% of their games whereas the teams Bron faced won 75.5% of their games. None of the teams Jordan beat won a title with the same in-tact core that lost to the Bulls. Jordan never faced any team as good as the Golden State Warriors in the NBA finals. Matter of fact, he ducked those Rockets teams.

Bron had it way tougher as the Thunder, Spurs, Mavs, and Warriors won chips. Another thing that reinforces my position is Bron's finals opponents were on a 62-win pace in an 82 game season.

No NBA player in history with five finals appearances and at least one all-star selection has faced tougher competition in the NBA finals.. NOBODY. Bron set an NBA finals record in 2015 by leading in points, rebounds, and assists. He returned in 2016 and broke his old record by leading the NBA finals in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. Bottom line is objectively speaking Bron is better as that is something not even Cheese Eyes could do.

Bron made the finals in 07 less than five years in the league. It took Jordan much longer to do it.