Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: also, LOL @ a triple H match probably never appearing here. nm
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2530795
2530795, RE: also, LOL @ a triple H match probably never appearing here. nm
Posted by jimaveli, Fri Apr-08-16 03:16 PM
>

His recent good stuff has been seen, so maybe he's gonna be lacking in 'sneaky' good stuff. He also dragged himself down with all of those 30-minute lay around festivals during his more maligned times. I want to go back through his attitude stuff at some point because it seems like he's a MUCH better wrestler now and I want see it...

In my mind, I remember a ironman match with Rock being hella good even with the goofy stuff at the end.

I need to watch that 3 stages of hell match with Austin again sometime too.

Really, I've been meaning to do a run of rando Austin matches too because I KNOW he had a lot of good ones post-piledriver. In my mind, at the time of his run, lots of the innanet cried that all he did was punch and at some point it became gospel. It WAS TRUE at times (some tv matches), but he has some good ones because he was a forreal good wrestler who just worked a style around a catalog of big injuries as to not squander the hottest run of any wrestler ever from 98 to 2001. And even then, he had to miss a chunk of time.

It reminds me of Bryan's run in a way even though they are different workers. A big difference is Bryan existing in a different time in WWE history. And someone somewhere drew a line on him being in the ring in his condition. In the past, dude prolly would've still been on the scene having risky matches unless a different injury took him out. Even with that, he prolly should've been on the shelf for Mania 30. CRAZY. No mater what, wrestling is hard on a body.