Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat's what you got from my post?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2530395
2530395, That's what you got from my post?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Apr-07-16 11:03 AM
>you obviously dont like the product

Most people here don't like the product. In fact, I’ve seen Tiger Woods, the guy who “just wants to talk wrestling” and says “it’s fake” sit there and trash the roster on multiple occasions and drone on about how it didn’t compare to the Attitude Era.

He’s clearly had stretches where didn’t like the product and more to the point, played the old man “things were better in my day” routine. He’s trashed the product over the last year. Most people here have.

I like a lot of elements about the product- i.e, most of the wrestlers. In fact, I’ve written posts that absolutely gush about Enzo & Cass,Kevin Owens, Nakamura. In the past I’ve done the same with Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, The Shield. I’ve posted about how dope the Rhodes brothers were as a team and how great an overall performer Cody is.

I’ve written quite a lot over the years about things I genuinely love about the product.

What I strongly dislike is the overall presentation of the product. In fact, most people here have voiced similar discontent.
That’s funny because whenever I voice MY discontent and actually lay out the reasons behind my opinion, suddenly it’s a problem.

and you fear for their
>safety.

Huh? I’m talking about that particular style. I’m talking about Shane jumping off of that tall ass cage and how it was an unnecessary risk. I’m talking about how there are better and more sustainable ways to entertain over the long haul.

Yes, I’m saying there are better ways to entertain us. It’s dangerous by default but there are levels of risk and this one was definitely near the top of that hierarchy.

seems to me like you'd just punt on WWE (and wrestling
>in general considering some of the dives I've seen Angelico
>make in Lucha)

Are you suggesting I “love it or leave it”?

Do you think America is a flawless country or do you see some of the serious problems in this country? If you see so many problems, seems to me you’d just leave.

How about your job? Are there things about your job you don’t like?
How about a sports team. Lord knows every team isn’t a winner and even the winners fall off at some point. Bad coaches, shitty players, terrible management, you name it.

Do you bail on everything you generally enjoy because you recognize problems and deficiencies?