Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: MANE!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2530169
2530169, RE: MANE!
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Apr-06-16 12:35 PM
I looked at my watch and wondered wth was going ala Ron Isley. We noticed Rock's boots immediately but couldn't even pretend to know who would interrupt him. We didn't see the Cena thing coming AT ALL either.

Some of those Cowboys cheerleaders had certainly been eating their booty-o's! Whoooo!

I kinda sorta knew the show was gonna go past 10 well before I got there. Once I read the rumor that wwe was telling ppv company that 4 hours wasn't enough, I figured 4.5 was enough.

Still...once it become clear that we were getting a full-on 30-minute main event with a straight up heel vs a character heel who is real-life responsible for most of what rasslin nerds like most about wwe, I realized that I still didn't pace myself properly. I was in the building by 4 or so. I had a great chance to look at random chicks, take in the huge stadium, and freak out about how awesome the set looked before the preshow stuff started. But 4:30 pm to 11 pm is a loooong time to be in any building watching rasslin.

It also made me question my decisions to watch the wwn show the night before and sign myself up for the raw after. Live and learn. And I still had a blast overall. It was my first traveling mania. I'll be happy as hell when they come back to Houston. I'm gonna aim to have even better seats to everything I go to when that happens. And I won't ever miss them nxt show again. A chunk of raw was great, but shiiiiid...nxt is wrestling made directly for me.

>I was like, ok so this event ends in 16 minutes and the most
>long winded man in history is on the way to the ring and we
>still have a main event?
>
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>
>I made one of his Wrestlemania Rock babies when he shot the
>first flame and it was born before the show ended.