Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthoughts on the weekend
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2529799
2529799, thoughts on the weekend
Posted by pretentious username, Tue Apr-05-16 09:44 AM
Happened to be on vacation so I caught this all at random times.

TakeOver: Dallas was predictably great. All the title matches more than delivered. I'll be rewatching Nakamura/Zayn again this week. Just incredible. It's tough to say which Takeover is best, and it feels like they're always topping themselves, but this might take the cake.

WM: Some bizarre decisions but they pleasantly surprised me in spots. Way too long though. They make it easy for Takeover to look better when Wrestlemania ends in June. Ladder match, women's match, and HIAC were the highlights. I'm more of a Corbin fan than most, so I like his Andre win. Most of this was pretty predictable. The parts that weren't were a little bizarre. I agree with Selassie that the list of champs looks a bit weak coming out of this. Main issue is the constant need to make everyone look like shit next to Attitude Era dudes. I'm no Rowan fan but cmon, no one needs that burial. LON and New Day should be able to conquer some old dudes.

Raw: Lol, I knew they'd keep Shane involved but to just say "Hey good effort here are the keys!" is as stupid as everything else in this story. Oh well. Reigns as half-heel was better and the debuts and 4-way match delivered. Had a feeling there'd be a secondary title change just to show folks anything can happen at Raw. 50/50 booking still sucks, but debuts galore!!!