Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: DUDE...folks were booing pretty hard..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2529350
2529350, RE: DUDE...folks were booing pretty hard..
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-04-16 10:40 AM
>cause that was one of the most noticeable crowd muting's i've
>ever watched.
>
>i've seen them do it on smackdown but the sound started muted.
>this time you could hear the mute knob turning.

It was by no means everyone, but the folks who were booing were putting some stank on it. Before and during the match, the kid couldn't even show up on a screen without a STRONG flow of boos. He caught hella boos on every offensive anything during the match too. Steph getting speared got cheers tho. He even had a little support when trying to get out of a submission.

HHH is a damn pro. He went all out for the dude. He even curled up on the ground for like 10 minutes after. Sure, he stayed until he got his cheers too but still.

And Reigns was solid for the match too. I'm interested in seeing how he 'wore' the boos on tv. At Jerryland, he seemed aware but resilient.

And oddly enough, there was some kind of cheer/pop that lasted for a bit when he won. It's almost like cheering him has become an act of protest. Then, some booing came back. I wonder if some audio was dropped in. Then, folks just kinda left.

It's mean to say, but a bunch of the folks I saw booing him the hardest looked like they weren't 'cool' in high school and they never got over it. I'm not the coolest cat ever but I'm a reasonably happy married adult with a 7-year old who has watched and loved rasslin for most of my life. And as I get older and lose stuff and people in my life, I just appreciate shit that I still have a lot. And when I get some new shit, I tend to treasure like it were a precious jewel. For instance, I'm in love with Spotify now that I actually let go of my iPod and use it. Some other time...

At this point, he's not even doing much to earn his boos. It's almost like the crowd wasn't booing him directly. It's like they were booing the idea that they couldn't complain him out of the spot he was in on the show like they feel like they had done before with Yesgoat and bootista. Aka folks seem sooo caught up in trying to 'book/hijack the show'. I'd been struggling with that for a while myself, but I guess I broke the spell and now I'm just enjoying what I enjoy and shrugging at the rest, which isn't much.

I saw some Reigns gear in Jerryland. And it wasn't JUST cute/hot chicks, kids, and douche cats.

I was also pretty happy to not see anyone wearing the shirt I wore: a yellow Ric Flair 'to be the man...' Shirt. I went loud to give myself a shot at 'finding myself' in the crowd.