Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I don’t understand anyone who enjoyed any part of this.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2529326
2529326, RE: I don’t understand anyone who enjoyed any part of this.
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-04-16 10:09 AM
>On any level.
>
>Everything about it was trash from the very beginning.
>
>Terrible story. Terrible execution. It did nothing but make
>Dean look weak from the very beginning of the program and all
>the match did was reinforce as much.
>
>Nothing good came of it and nobody reaps any benefit from this
>of any kind.
>
>Why should anyone be anything less than disappointed in a bad
>story that culminated in a bad match?

It's not even a day after. I think we'll have to see how these guys turn out.

I saw it live and watched it back just now. Going into it, I figured all Dean really had to do was put up a good fight. He did. He's fine as long he doesn't fall back into the 50/50 booking vortex after being treated like a true wild card crazy man for all of 2016 after almost winning the title after by God Rollins went down.

Brock is an snk boss. He's not gonna lose much. And if he does, there needs to be LOTS of damage. Dean's offense ain't shit..even with weapons. He basically couldn't win that match without Brock making a huge mistake.

Maybe I'm guilty of 'turning my brain off' and enjoying the physicality of the wrestling that wwe is putting on right now. Aka match finishes are mattering less to me as long as they make sense with the match. Aka I'm not down with the Cenawinslol.

And I'm optimistic about the talent on the roster and how they seem to be very aware of the talent who isn't wwe (yet). That alone excites me. I don't love all of the booking, but I don't need to be in love with Vince's calls to enjoy crazy spots, women on the come-up, and an adult-friendly level of physicality through much of the big shows.

Side: I went to an Indy show (wwn) Saturday and it was fun. But it was obviously indy..complete with Chris Hero having undergone a borderline Birdie-level fall into fat-ass territory. He can still work but damn he was big. And you better believe there was a gang of thigh slapping. It was a good show tho. Ibushi is a star forreal.