Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: So WWE is now asking me to tune in every week to see...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2529302
2529302, RE: So WWE is now asking me to tune in every week to see...
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-04-16 09:11 AM
>Roman Reigns
>Zack Ryder
>
>(and Kalisto)
>
>along with Charlotte and New Day.
>
>But the mens's singles champs--especially the IC and big
>belt--the guys carrying the company, the guys driving those TV
>ratings, the guys putting asses in seats, the guys leading the
>way....
>
>WWE has decided those guys should be Roman Reigns and Zack
>Ryder.

Zayn, Owens, and anyone they work with are the reasons to watch for the future of the group. AJ styles is in cool-off matches! AJ Styles! New Day is a crazy over goofball act that is 15 minutes of 'free' cheers and solid rassling for wwe. Brock can casually show up and pick up business with whoever so there's that too. Ambrose is actually being established as a crazy wild card too.

Reigns is an experiment that they are somewhat obviously trying to debotch. He's not good enough to save bad shit so he has to be booked very well. It'll likely reach its apex when by God Rollins comes back. Until then, it's gonna be rough sledding unless a Russo-riffic swerve is coming. And it could be as guys come off the dl. They are obviously aware cuz the crowd was on him pretty hard before and during the match. I'm rewatching mania today. I'm at the end of new day vs lon right now. I assume the pop is gonna be silly loud on tv.

And yeah..the women have something good going. There's a bunch of them who can work. And motherfuckin Hugger is waiting in the wings to show up and start Magnum TA suplexing chicks and get lots of love.

Aka things have a chance to be fine. And meanwhile, the actual wrestling is over the top good in most spots.

I don't see the titles as being exclusively for the best folks on the show right now. They are using the titles to try to elevate some folks they like. And the best folks without titles get in feuds/stories that they are strong enough to carry without titles. It's dangerous to have a cat like Ambrose be more over than the champs, but it makes for ppvs that 'feel' stronger. And those non-title guys can be dropped into a title pic like 'that' and have it work. That's not a bad situation even though these raws and still tough to watch in full. We'll see.