Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I find it funny that anyone is disappointed by Lesnar-Ambrose
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2529186&mesg_id=2529296
2529296, RE: I find it funny that anyone is disappointed by Lesnar-Ambrose
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Apr-04-16 08:50 AM
>If Ambroses' terrible offense looked effective against Brock
>it would have been a waste of Brock. Least he didn't do that
>stupid rope recovery thing
>____________________
>
><================== Learn the name now before everyone gets
>dunked on

The match made a gang of sense. I thought they had a shot to do weird stuff with Brock but they are currently 'stuck' on the suplex city format. With that, Ambrose did what he could, which wasn't much against a crazy big man who spams suplexes until he get his special. And hell. Ambrose ate a release German suplex through a gang of chairs. Having him wrestle for 20 minutes after that would've been unrighteousness...even at surprise-a-mania. Maybe we wanted a little bit of the attitude era 'fighting all over the arena' thing. That's what I 'expected'. But no...hard-hitting suplex city match with props.

Also, that ladder match was supreme and hoard as hell to follow with something even remotely hardcore/spot-dependent. I'm biased cuz I straight up love Sami Zayn but all those dudes had a helluva showing. Hopefully some of them can fall out of the 50/50 vortex and have something actually happen. I think we get the Zayn/Owens feud that takes over shows and makes both guys a bunch of money.

Even hiac had a tough time until it became obvious that Shane was gonna actually do something silly. The increasing danger of elbows was good match layout. Shane didn't tuck his elbow until late in the fall. That was an actual holy shit situation.