Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWhen my wife moved to DC, I welcomed her with Beyonce tix
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2512927&mesg_id=2512999
2512999, When my wife moved to DC, I welcomed her with Beyonce tix
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Jan-25-16 11:49 AM
we were long distance for a few years after college. It was hard for her to get a job down here, and when she finally did I felt compelled to give her a gift to both congratulate her and appropriately welcome her to the area. "Beyonce!" I thought, "She'll SHIT over Beyonce tickets!"

Of course Beyonce was sold out. I go to Stubhub. Dude, BAD seats were like $180.

"Fuck it" I said. "When this tax refund money comes in, I'm going all out." This is how I rationalized spending a small fortune on floor seats for a Beyonce concert. "You didn't have the money yesterday, you won't have it tomorrow, oh well."

Look I still can't say it was WORTH what I spent. (I could've likely gone to an all-inclusive in the Dominican for 4 nights at the same price.)

But...

I got it. You know you see these commercials for Disney World and there's a little girl in a Cinderella dress like meeting Mini Mouse or Ariel or whoever? That was every female on the floor when Beyonce finally appeared. Not high school girls mind you, this isn't some One Direction shit. Like adult women with nice clothes and purses. White chicks, black chicks, asian chicks it didn't matter. Remember in Pulp Ficition when Travolta opens the briefcase and it shines out a gold glow and everyone just kind of stands there in shock? Beyonce might as well have been the briefcase.

And that was all before she even sang a single note.

I really don't know how someone can do that 50 times in a year. The dance movement alone has to be every bit as grueling as an NBA game and SHE'S SINGING THE WHOLE TIME.

People are entitled to their opinions. But you're wrong about her.