Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNFL Talk (10.8)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2482376
2482376, NFL Talk (10.8)
Posted by will_5198, Thu Oct-08-15 02:52 PM
- Ryan Mallet can't keep Brian Hoyer glued to the bench? the former is 27; we've seen enough. O'Brien looking like one of those egomaniac QB gurus who thinks he can turn anybody into a winner.

- now that the reign of terror in Miami is over with, is anybody doing less with enough than Joe Lombardi? Detroit should not have the 26th ranked offense and 31st in scoring. Nick Saban said you adapt your players to your scheme on defense, and adapt your scheme to your players on offense. Lombardi dinking and dunking like he still has an accurate Drew Brees behind center.

- Philip Rivers leads the NFL in passing yards and is completing 70.7 percent (!) of his throws. I never liked him and he's still missing postseason success, but he's only 33 and has a real chance to move past his contemporaries in NFL history over the next half decade.
2482381, he's better than that bum that he was traded for
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Oct-08-15 03:38 PM
>- Philip Rivers leads the NFL in passing yards and is
>completing 70.7 percent (!) of his throws. I never liked him
>and he's still missing postseason success, but he's only 33
>and has a real chance to move past his contemporaries in NFL
>history over the next half decade.

and I'm almost glad for that trade now. we could be talking about him being the 4 ring king over Lord of the Cheats.
2482382, shit, and he gets Gates back Sunday
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Oct-08-15 03:44 PM
2482384, Andrew Luck is the statisically worst NFL QB. PLEASE DISCUSS.
Posted by Kira, Thu Oct-08-15 03:57 PM
Someone break down how this "once-in-a-generation-talent" is the league's worst QB.
2482397, he been Favrin' it. but damn the Colts fucked up building a team around him
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Oct-08-15 04:27 PM
I still believe they can turn it around. I don't know why.
2482385, The Jaguars had two chances to be leading the division.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Oct-08-15 04:03 PM
And missed both.

The first was a long kick, so, you know, fine. He *should* be able to make a 54-yarder, that's what we brought him in to do... but fine, it's longer. More statistically dodgy, I get it.

The second one was inside 50. And it hooked hard. It hooked so hard that I started making excuses, like, "Oh, a gust of wind must've swept into the stadium." Shit looked like Christopher Lloyd from Angels In The Outfield punted that shit to the side in mid-air.

And we've got a winnable game this week. JAGS COULD'VE BEEN 3-2.

Fucking kickers. I'm *still* mad.

And fuck any Steelers fan who bitches to me about Scobee too. Not our fault you cut the hair off of Samson by taking away Scobee's Jaguars jersey. At least y'all have Super Bowls. Leave me alone.
2482389, sorry, but if you can't beat Matt Hasselbeck...
Posted by will_5198, Thu Oct-08-15 04:09 PM
2482402, Dolphins new coach broke the Oklahoma drills out in practice
Posted by Beezo, Thu Oct-08-15 04:42 PM
2482420, geep chryst has accomplished a feat that not even...
Posted by Flash80, Thu Oct-08-15 05:39 PM
jimmy raye, jeff hostler, nor ted tollner could as 49er offensive coordinators.

48 points after four weeks is the team's lowest offensive output since 1977.
2482422, lol...dude name sounds like a British spy or some shit.
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Oct-08-15 05:48 PM