Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Alright, so...did we blow this pick?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2479655&mesg_id=2493105
2493105, RE: Alright, so...did we blow this pick?
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Nov-10-15 04:55 PM
>First and foremost - I'm not saying DLo is a bust. He's not
>as far along as I hoped, but I knew Okafor would look better
>out of the gate (not THIS good, but better). I'm just
>wondering if Clarkson makes DLo redundant.

No he doesn't. Clarkson's explosiveness and improved set-shot are complemented extremely well by Russell. Clarkson is a very good on the ball player but his ability is amplified against a rotating defense. DRuss is the type of guard who can take a good team to a great team because he links the entire floor, especially as he gets his legs underneath him which will result in a high % jumper.

>Would we be better off with Okafor/Randle/Clarkson (or for
>that matter rolling with Hibbert/Randle/Zingis/Kobe/Clarkson)?

Okafor doesn't fit with Randle at the 4 and how exactly do you expect Zingis to guard the 3...which also takes him away from the basket so his defensive length and rebounding are nullified.

>I'm not overreacting...but the biggest question mark to me is
>whether or not we can actually get a good big in FAgency,
>which Byron admitted played into picking Russell.

Seems like you are. Not only is Russell is 6 games into his rookie season but none of these guys have played together before. What you need alongside Randle is a defensive big who can lock the paint defensively and finish around the rim...there are some FA's who fit that mold (Whiteside, Drummond, even Hibbs at a reasonable rate).