Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIn debates like this, I always think of Patrick Davidson.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2469406&mesg_id=2469465
2469465, In debates like this, I always think of Patrick Davidson.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Aug-02-15 02:23 PM
Davidson was a dude who played for Duke, but rarely ever came off the bench. He was 6'1, limited athleticism, limited length. He mostly made the team, if I recall, because he was good friends with Luol in HS.

He'd go to the gym and play 21 against the dudes who played IM hoops at Duke on weekends during the offseason for fun.

Now, when Davidson came off the bench in games on TV, he looked like a fucking scrub. So every dude bigger, taller, longer, and more athletic than him wanted a piece.

And Davidson, to put it mildly, would dominate. He'd go against dudes who are 6'6, who had 40 pounds on him, and just crush them in every way-- including in the paint and on the boards.

The level of skill it takes to even be a bum in college ball... is insanely high. You have to play every day, train every day, be terrific every day... just to be a *bum.*

So whenever any dude who hasn't been fighting every day for the past several years says he can beat Rousey? You just have to laugh and shake your head.