Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo. 1 in my mind, Patrick Kane when he is on.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2468454&mesg_id=2468485
2468485, No. 1 in my mind, Patrick Kane when he is on.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jul-28-15 10:58 AM
In the NBA I think about White Chocolate. Steph also. It's funny Shaq was like a big ass kid all the time *except* when he was on the court.

In the NFL, Rodgers has a little of that Favre tradition in him. It's hard for guys who aren't quarterbacks to display that, on offense other roles are so precise and allow for little if any overtly playful improvisation. A little bit for defensive players maybe but you have to be a killer to play defense in the NFL.

In baseball there are definitely some guys. Manny and Ichiro come to mind. Vlad Guerrero had that playful, DGAF swag right up until the end. Reyes, sure, Ozzie Smith, too.

Doughty has it in the NHL but it's kind of been hammered out of him by his role and the system in which he plays it. He's had to shoulder so much responsibility, more each year. Kane is the first guy I thought of, weird mix of angry intensity and totally toying with opponents in a way that seems to entertain him. He has this way of getting away from people that's damn near singular and his puck handling is the definition of "fun." Tomas Hertl is another guy that springs to mind that maybe isn't as prominent.