Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: That's Not True
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2466809&mesg_id=2467172
2467172, RE: That's Not True
Posted by Kira, Tue Jul-21-15 11:45 PM
>The Knicks were a REAL THREAT...they just choked (and I'm a
>Knick fan)
>Charles Smith goes up strong and the story is possibly
>re-written

The Knicks were never a threat with prime Pippen and Jordan leading the Bulls to six chips. Your statement is revisionist history at best.

>
>
>>TL;DR Those prime Bulls teams never faced an all-time great
>>coach in conference.
>>
>>11>6
>>5≥6 considering those are rings won coming out of the
>VASTLY
>>more difficult western conference

>Outside of the Spurs, which coach did the Lakers go through
>(so far, I listed Riley, Daly, and Brown, 3 HOF's?...add Lenny
>Wilkens, which would make 4)

You're telling me the Cavs and Hawks teams were a threat to stop the prime Bulls from reaching the eastern conference finals. NO, you're wrong and I'm a Cavs fan.
>
>Rick Adelman (Bulls went through him too)
>George Karl (not in their league)
>Larry Brown (Bulls went through him too)
>Mike D'Antoni (LOL)
>
>Anyone saying the 2000's Western Conference was somehow HARDER
>than the 90's Eastern Conference is crazy

There's one coach that debunks your revisionist history and emphatically proves the 2000's Western Conference was tougher than the 90's Eastern Conference: Greg Popovich.

The Spurs won the title the year before Feel arrived in LA. The west was so competitive Prime Shaq, who could win with anyone as 1A according to okaysports, couldn't reach the NBA finals with Del Harris at the helm.

The Spurs won titles and are legit title contenders. They aren't the only team in the west either. This wasn't a case of the Bulls having a free run to the finals. No, Spurs are legit threats.

You wrong on this agenda and I can shatter this strength of schedule myth Jordania holds up as proof of Jordan's greatness.

Degree of difficulty was tougher on 5 than that easy cakewalk shit Jordan went through in the east. Don't even get me started on that 2008 to 2010 run where Kobe had to lead the shit out of the Lakers.