Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTim>Aldridge b/w Lillard might be better off
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2463799&mesg_id=2463799
2463799, Tim>Aldridge b/w Lillard might be better off
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Jul-07-15 06:46 PM
I'm doing a lot here, so gimme a second.

But from the jump, I expect vitriol and ridicule. That's fine. Same shit happened when I said Seattle would horsewhip Denver in the SB or that Knicks needed to start Jeremy Lin.

Win big, lose big © Kenny Dennis

First off, Aldridge might get a ring in San Antonio but let's not get it twisted, he's just the last piece the Spurs will have put around Tim. If Aldridge is clearly the best player on your team, you are going nowhere. Switch Tim and Lillard last year, and there is no way Blazers go out like that. More importantly, Tim would have traveled with the team and won that game in Brooklyn, the loss of which which put Portland in a terrible playoff seed.

Aldridge is a good player but people talking about defensive anchor and leadership must not watch Portland games. Before Dame got there they were doing nothing. That's not an accident.

I'm glad Aldridge is on board to help Tim get another ring but that's it.

As far as Blazers, they have lost their entire starting lineup and are going to have some serious struggles but as far as who I would want to build around Dame>Aldridge. He is a better leader, has ten times more heart and is going to be one of the top PG's in the league for years to come. Aldridge is to power forwards and Joe Johnson is to point guards. Losing him hurts Blazers short term but Dame is the future.