Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecta bunch of highlights in this post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2462720&mesg_id=2464275
2464275, a bunch of highlights in this post
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 07:27 AM
which obviously dont tell the whole story but will give you some of the picture.

Bottom line is he's looked good. You definitely see the young artest comparison, but he's got a little more diversity to his offensive game and isnt as fast defensively.

Defensively he loves to get in peoples space/chest and pressure high. It'll be great for mid tier guys but the elite guys will go past him/ draw fouls. He is also too agressive sometimes. Goes for lots of pump fakes. On the flip side he'll make you feel uncomfortable and dive on balls. If youre not 100% ready to face him, he's gonna give you a headache.

Offensively I think this is where he's played better then expected. His jumper has been hitting. He's shooting like 50% from 3 - differnet types of 3's, off the dribble ff the catch and shoot. The low release point is there, but its a fast release- and I dont remember a lot of his jumpshots getting blocked.

He does a good job of selling the pump fake when he isnt ready to shoot the 3 then attacks the hoop. He has a good mid range floater that he's used effectively. Ba is right, once he gets to the hoop he can sometimes get a little sloppy, but he's finished pretty well there too. Much better than his "concerning" college numbers would make you believe he could.

At arizona they didnt space the floor well. That + college zone rules allowed the paint to be packed a lot more so his finishing at the rim wasnt as good. His offensive game is more built for the NBA. Gives him space to use his strength. I mean when was the last time we saw a Wing who couldnt shoot win a college player of the year? A lot of guys like Wiggins and Mclemore, etc will end up being able to develop their games more in the NBA where more space is given

Intangible wise hes all over the court. He tracks back for boards, hes diving after balls, he gets back to make defensive plays. He's flying all over the place. That supposedly makes him a dumb try hard player, but we all know in the NBA what you can get away with just tryinghard - caus emost players dont bring it every night.