Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNBA Summer League play + boxscore Cyse/Hype Part 1
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2462720
2462720, NBA Summer League play + boxscore Cyse/Hype Part 1
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 05:46 AM
Yes yes yall. We dont need to make playoff predictions just yet because Summe league kicks off today. We'll get to see some big names in action.

Orlando starts today. Utah Starts Monday, and the big Vegas league starts next week.
All info here: http://www.nba.com/summerleague/

9am Heat/pacers
Justice Winslow, Hassan Whiteside, Fat Josh Smith

11am Det.Orl White
STANLEY JOHNSON, Quincy Miller
vs Glen Rice Jr

1PM Orlando Blue vs Clippers
Aaron Gordon, Efrid Payton, Mario Hezonja
vsJordan Hamilton, Nate Wolters, and ROYCE WHITE lolol

3PM Charlotte vs OKC
Aaron Craft, Troy Daniels, PJ Hairston, Aaron harrison (RBO!) vs
Dakari Johnson, Mitch McGary, and Marquis teague

5PM Memphis vs Brooklyn
Andrew harrison, Russ Smith
vs Cliff Alexander, Ryan Boatwright, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
2462721, Full Rosters for Orlando
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 05:47 AM
Swiped because formattimg sucks

http://www.nba.com/magic/summerleague-rosters
2462734, Jah be praised
Posted by bshelly, Sat Jul-04-15 08:24 AM
2463660, \( v_v )/ praises be to Jah
Posted by mtbatol, Tue Jul-07-15 12:54 PM
2465248, FRET NOT THYSELF, BECAUSE OF EVIL-DOERS
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 12:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_k602Wgak
2462756, Myles turner looking good
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 09:20 AM
Hes stroking the ball and using his length on defense and the glass.
2462760, Lmao Royce white
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Sat Jul-04-15 09:34 AM
2462766, listening to pussy-buying anthony proves isiah-hate
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 09:52 AM

some large lying ass chick accuses zeke of wanting her big ass and zeke the worst person on earth, but CONVICTED woman-torturer freaky marv albert and pussy-buying plea-taker greg anthony get to live in the world of the NBA without they shit EVER being mentioned.

2462768, Zeke is on that open court shit though
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 09:54 AM
and still gets a bunch of in studio shit. Its not liek hes blackballed from the NBA

They got Greg calling a game in orlando at 9AM and you counting that as a win for him right now?
2462769, ZEKE AIN'T TORTURE NO BITCH OR BUY PUSSY!!!!
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 09:55 AM
you tryna equate them shits. FOH!!!!
2463158, Zeke had his hand on David Stern's wallet
Posted by Castro, Sun Jul-05-15 08:23 PM
Oh and that time when he was the players union chief and he outmaneuvered David Falk? Yeah, um, they aren't ever letting up on Zeke.
2463190, you tellin me that shit like i ain't said it for 20 years
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 11:21 PM
2462897, but can the Knicks do anything bad without him being mentioned?
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Jul-04-15 03:04 PM
particularly by the likes of Frank Isola?
2462767, McGary gonna eat good in summer league
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Jul-04-15 09:53 AM
Hes in a deep rotation so i dont know what his PT prospects are this year

But 30 minutes a game of 100mph against JV comp could produce some huge #s
2462776, Glenn Rice jr bolshit ass.
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jul-04-15 10:21 AM
Glad the Wiz eliminated that problem
2462778, A Scotty Wilbeken sighting
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jul-04-15 10:24 AM
2462957, Scotty Wilbiken always looks like prince to me
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Sat Jul-04-15 07:53 PM
2462806, Dat Stanley!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 11:16 AM
2462843, he couldn't ball on the summer league B-team
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 12:17 PM
stop it.

a real nigga woulda had 30
2462858, stop bobby boxscoring
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 01:07 PM
>stop it.
>
>a real nigga woulda had 30

I watched the game and people who did seem to agree with me more. But hey, I understand, Ba's eye test negates everything. Stanley put up the same numbers as Justise was more efficient and was agressive.

Jus had a nice game too but they have completely different styles. Stanley is more agressive. Justise is better at playing within the team system.

They got a matchup on Monday.
2462867, all i read was "stanley loses control" and "justise smart"
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 01:25 PM
>>stop it.
>>
>>a real nigga woulda had 30
>
>
>I watched the game and people who did seem to agree with me
>more. But hey, I understand, Ba's eye test negates everything.
> Stanley put up the same numbers as Justise was more efficient
>and was agressive.
>
>
>Jus had a nice game too but they have completely different
>styles. Stanley is more agressive. Justise is better at
>playing within the team system.
>
>
>They got a matchup on Monday.

see you monday
2462868, lost control going 5-8 with 0 turnovers!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 01:27 PM
2462962, ^^^dem peepers
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Jul-04-15 08:26 PM
2462841, Justise got "Did Nat Turner have kids?" type strength
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 12:15 PM

As I said about Blake's strength and athleticism: highest level don't matter. elite is elite.

ain't nobody stopping that boy from gettin shots up and he gon stop PLENTY of folks with a simple forearm on their backs and rib cages.
2462859, RE: Justise got "Did Nat Turner have kids?" type strength
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 01:08 PM
Funny that was Stanley today too

Except he was flying around the court instead of floating and actually grabbed more than 0 rebounds
2462860, "flying around" is code for "dumb"
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 01:18 PM
you cysing that dude hacking up scrubs as "flying around"...his ass woulda been on the bench from the 2nd quarter on for real.

justise was playing his typical ed reed D...'cause he can do that. stanley too dumb to let his man go through and call switch...OR simply take another angle.

dumb player.

enjoy them phantom ass won't-happen-with-drummond-there losing-effort boards tho.

and stop actin like he as strong as justise. he not. justise legs way stronger than his. they not equals.

2462862, cotdam there is no hope at all for elfrid's jumper
Posted by bshelly, Sat Jul-04-15 01:20 PM
2462866, basically...that's why i can't get high on orlando
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 01:24 PM
2462930, Rondo's done okay without one.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jul-04-15 06:14 PM
I wouldn't sell on Payton.
2462931, RE: Rondo's done okay without one.
Posted by murph71, Sat Jul-04-15 06:21 PM

That was when PG's were not required to shoot 3's....In today's 3 point happy, open shot NBA u gotta your PG has to be able to keep defenses honest...
2462960, When a PG defends, distributes, and rebounds *that* well...
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat Jul-04-15 08:12 PM
... the team can find ways around it. They have Tobias and Vucevic, Oladipo can score in a bunch of ways, and they just brought in a guy who theoretically can drain 3s. Payton just needs to penetrate and find the open man, which he does beautifully already... and he's still young.

I'd take Payton as my PG of the future in a second.

Orlando's current problem is that they don't have a star. They're banking on Tobias or Gordon (or, to a lesser extent, Mario), and those just don't seem like the best bets for franchise star players. I'd insert a comment about Justise here, but I'll let that slide. They need a guy to become The Guy on offense. Payton is 100% the perfect and ideal compliment to a The Guy,
2463248, HEZJONIA
Posted by Premiere, Mon Jul-06-15 09:43 AM
He is the dude. I'm buying all of it, all of the stock possible. Summer League will be great for him, a place for him to get tons of shots up and his young teammates to figure out where he likes to attack, where his shooting sweet spots are. I agree that Payton is a nice complement, though I worry that he's still the only real shooter in the Magic starting 5 unless Harris continues to improve (I guess Vooch counts, but he doesn't give that much spacing with his).
2463356, plus peak Rondo was elite at literally everything else
Posted by bshelly, Mon Jul-06-15 02:42 PM
and he still was "only"...you know what, no, I don't want to get into a rondo argument. point is, you need to be elite at everything else in today's NBA (drink) if you can't shoot.
2463680, I think he can be Top 3 in boards, Top 5 in dimes, Top 5 in D among PGs.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jul-07-15 01:30 PM
That's worth it to me.
2465189, Rondo's on ball D has always been overrated
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat Jul-11-15 10:36 PM
Lest you forget, Rondo let essentially one-handed D Fish blow by him three times in the 4th quarter of a Game 3 of an NBA Finals (2010). He has always relied on his arm length and it leads to sloppy/lazy feet.
2462878, aaron gordon
Posted by themaddfapper, Sat Jul-04-15 01:55 PM
2462925, Boy was on it today
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jul-04-15 05:52 PM
2462958, He was balling
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Sat Jul-04-15 07:53 PM
2462887, Hezonja already got a game winner.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Jul-04-15 02:19 PM
2462898, Jus+Stan highlights
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 03:04 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w0occBY8sDc
Jus

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbseoSv0tgI
Stan

+ bonus Myles turner 20/8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C74cReElILc

Of course on okp they can't all have good games. Gotta choose sides.
2462902, Frank da tank Active aka out of control
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 03:32 PM
playing well offensively and spreading the floor. Big question for him will be guarding 4s- especially stretch 4s
2462909, you so mad stanley dumb, dogg
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 04:01 PM
he's dumb in the most racist way possible, too.

2462917, re: >he's dumb in the most racist way possible, too.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 04:50 PM
LMAO

Here's where you talk all your bombastic shit and then when you lose you try to play it off like no biggie like survivor.

Johnson and Winslow are known for their IQs. I can see an argument for Stanley not being as smart as justise, but how do you go from a high IQ guy to racistly dumb?

Basa eye test!
2462938, this ain't survivor tho...this a one-off eval.
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 06:29 PM
i win those.

when stanley somewhere with his lip hanging because stan done barked his dumb ass out, justise gonna be helping his team in the playoffs.

stanley ain't known for having no high fuckin IQ. get the fuck outta here, just saying stuff.

you don't realize how different they are. but you will.

when he tops out as a sub-20 NBA scorer, coaches ain't gon appreciate all that AGGRESSION you cysing right now. not with his shot selection and average handle. then what? what are his other offensive skills?

SMH.

2462946, LMAO You caught me. Making shit up! My L
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 06:52 PM
>i win those.
>
>when stanley somewhere with his lip hanging because stan done
>barked his dumb ass out, justise gonna be helping his team in
>the playoffs.

Like Anthony Bennett? Like Austin Rivers? And before you go trying to cite the guys you got right. I wasnt the guy who said you get everything wrong.

>
>stanley ain't known for having no high fuckin IQ. get the fuck
>outta here, just saying stuff.
>
>you don't realize how different they are. but you will.
>

LMAO they arent the same player at all. I never said they were. in fact I never said Justise will suck. Just that Stanley will be better.

Before you officially hand me my L, please doa CTRL+F for the word IQ though.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar/15/sports/la-sp-stanley-johnson-mater-dei-20140316/2
Gary McKnight, Mater Dei's coach, says Johnson's basketball IQ and attention to detail are on par with his athletic skills, and others agree. Toby Bailey, a former Loyola High and UCLA standout who does commentary on high school games, notices little things Johnson does that separate him.

"He's such physical specimen and is so skilled," Bailey said. "Usually when you get a guy that big and he can use his physical skills to bully guys, their basketball knowledge is stunted. With him, you can see his IQ is there. He'll make the right pass, he'll be seeing two or three plays ahead of his opponent. It's pretty extraordinary."

Johnson's curiosity has helped him add to his repertoire.

"I talked to Steve Nash about pick-and-roll situations," Johnson said. "As much as people say I'm good, I'll take advice from anybody. He's one of the better decision makers in the NBA. I asked him, 'How do you read it? How do you attack it?' "

Everything he learns builds on a foundation established by his mother, who was raised in Moss Point, Miss., the youngest of four siblings.

Karen Taylor was so determined that basketball was her ticket out of rural Mississippi that she asked one of her brothers to strip the spokes off a bicycle rim and nail it to a tree to be her hoop. Her basketball was flat, but she shot and dribbled it anyway.

"It was dirty with green stuff on it and I didn't care," she said. "It was a ball and I needed to do something with it."

--

http://probasketballanalysis.com/stanley-johnson-2015-nba-draft-preseason-scouting-video-report/
Summary

Stanley Johnson is an 18 year Wing prospect from the Fullerton, California. Johnson weighs in at 235 lbs and measures 6’7.5″ tall with a 6’10.5″ wingspan. Johnson has elite size for an NBA shooting guard and good size for an NBA Small Forward. Johnson can handle the ball in the open court in transition as a means to make plays for himself and teammates. Stanley also is capable in pick & roll situations where he makes pocket passes. Johnson is a capable 3 point shooter from the corners and off of screens, but maybe best shooting off the dribble. At the NBA level, he should be great running off Zippers and Iverson cuts to get into slot or side pick & rolls. Johnson is good scoring off cuts and can absorb contact with his 235 pound frame; shows slashing potential which may lead to multiple trips to the FT line. Johnson makes winning plays at pivotal times in games, a clutch player. In addition, he takes care of the basketball and has a High IQ.

Prognosis

=> Draft; Mid to Late Lottery

=> Jack of All Trades, High IQ

=> Elite Size for NBA SG

=> Solid Athlete; Needs to Improve

=> Makes Winning Plays; Clutch

--

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2487093-justise-winslow-vs-stanley-johnson-who-is-the-better-2015-nba-draft-prospect

Upside and Overall Draft Value

These two standout wings had a very similar impact in college and take comparable strengths to the pro level. They're both long, athletic attackers who can play inside and out, and they have the IQ and competitiveness to thrive on both ends.

--

http://beardedsportsguy.sportsblog.com/posts/2173351/nba-draft-preview--stanley-johnson.html
If offense is our red flag, defense is our green light. Stanley Johnson uses his size to the fullest in his off-ball defense, which is probably his biggest strength. His on-ball defense is also good, but scouts are more intrigued by the thought of using him on the opponents best wing, denying the ball as long as possible before playing suffocating on-ball D. He uses his length to close out passing lanes, displaying a great feel for the flow of the opponent's offense. "Basketball IQ" is a tough-to-quantify term, but Johnson has been drawing these reviews since high school. In fact, Johnson playing under control and not getting into bad spots is what boosts his shooting percentages.

--

http://pointguardu.com/2014-15-newcomers-stanley-johnson/
For the Wildcats, Johnson will provide another tall, aggressive rebounding wing who can defend multiple positions. Sean Miller will also be pleased by Johnson’s high basketball IQ and unselfish brand of play.

--
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/stanley-johnson
Strengths: The first two things that jump out are his incredible football player like body and his competitiveness ... He's a standout with his on ball defense where he is able to use his huge chest to muscle any offensive threat ... But compared to Ron Artest, he looks like a much better defender off the ball, using his large wingspan to deflect passes and his big hands to snatch the ball away from opposing players ... Defensively, he's absolutely a beast, who could immediate play in the NBA creating problems for many NBA wings ... Perhaps another of his best characteristics, really rare in a 18 year old is how he plays to his strengths, never takes a bad shots, never tries to show off, instead takes what the game gives him ... He uses his big shoulders to get into the lane and finish with contact; underrated athlete off one foot, and he doesn’t have any problems finishing with both hands around the rim ... He's a very good ball handler for a player his size ... He was a four until his HS junior year. He can also help the guards bringing the ball up and has strong IQ and good decision making ... Intangibles are where he separates himself from the herd, a sharp, focused kid who understand his role and wants to win, which is what everybody looks for in the league ... Doesn’t have the length of Leonard or his offensive skills, but the right attitude will help him have a better career than more talented players ...

--
http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2015/02/21/nba-draft-spotlight-stanley-johnson/
Many sources seem to compliment his physical presence and how much muscle he has, which he is able to use to his advantage on smaller defenders. They also mention Johnson having a high IQ and showing a lot of energy when he’s on the floor.

---
http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2015/6/16/8783291/know-the-prospect-stanley-johnson
Johnson averaged 2.1 steals per 40 minutes at Arizona, a credit to his aggressiveness and IQ, which can be seen at the 9:00 mark. Judging a defender off of steals is not wise. Latrell Sprewell arrived in New York renowned for his thievery, yet it took months for him to stop his high-risk gambling approach and adapt to Jeff Van Gundy's more consistent philosophy on defense. But couple all the other aspects of Johnson's defense (Mike Schmitz of DraftExpress points out opponents posted Johnson up 19 times last year, yielding a mere 8 points) with the steals and you're potentially painting the portrait of an all-around stopper, someone who knows how to leverage his brain and his brawn into something greater than the sum of the two.
2462950, those are two...i can rattle off a dozen
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 07:19 PM
a dozen that y'all niggas will just pretend never happened.

derrick williams a bigger L than bennett will ever be and you caught that along with 90% of the board.
2462952, uh huh
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Jul-04-15 07:34 PM
2462954, Sorry you couldn't find a reputable draft site for "high iq"
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-04-15 07:41 PM
Your man Gerald Wallace, dogg.

2462903, Kaminsky hit 4 3s in a row
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jul-04-15 03:32 PM
and is doing everything right.. . He's gonna be good. Where is Temps... I want in on his IPO
2462940, im here, and open for business!
Posted by temps2020, Sat Jul-04-15 06:33 PM
>and is doing everything right.. . He's gonna be good. Where
>is Temps... I want in on his IPO
2462961, i want a voting share
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sat Jul-04-15 08:23 PM
2463025, granted
Posted by temps2020, Sun Jul-05-15 03:47 AM
2463083, I'll give you 10 shares of D.Lo for 50 shares of Frank The Tank.
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jul-05-15 03:14 PM
He's gonna be a better pro than Dekker.
2463170, Frank gonna ball on em..
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Jul-05-15 08:49 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2463176, O_E get's shares of all goofy White Americans off GP
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Jul-05-15 09:38 PM

So I want mine, please

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2463082, Lol dat out of control racistly dumb Stanley
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 03:10 PM
24 pts 10-14
9 rebounds
1 assist
3 steals and
2 turnovers

I saw the first 15 pts before I had to leave will post the highlights later.
2463085, Efficient
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jul-05-15 03:26 PM
2463113, looked real gerald wallacy, too.
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 05:46 PM
mostly hustle points, no real skill involved. straight line athlete.
2463129, LMAO WOW. Your so mad
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 07:00 PM
>mostly hustle points, no real skill involved. straight line
>athlete.
and even more wrong.

The video evidence is right next to your post.
2463130, cool, y'all, please peep those putbacks, running layups
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 07:08 PM

that's all there is. your face gon be cracked as shit when he try that in real games.

and that release point against more athletic niggas with krueger arms?
2463136, HAHAHAHAHAH this is a new low for you. Please watch "y'all"
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 07:17 PM
2463137, just giving my opinion.
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 07:25 PM
2463141, smart back off. ill let you ride.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 07:35 PM
2463143, didn't back off...saying what i been said
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 07:44 PM
not better than justise.

he's gerald wallace. not an insult. he'll be lucky to have that career.

the problem we have is you just don't know how good justise is. you'll get it tho.

2463175, Team Justise over here, BUT
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Jul-05-15 09:38 PM

Must say that my fear has been confirmed:

He does not look very big on a basketball court

Looks closer to Oladipo in size than he does to say,
Kawhi Leonard

Stanley Johnson doesn't have that problem

(C)Keith Murray, "
2463177, so?
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-05-15 09:40 PM
2463163, he hit pull up 3, showed a running floater, and a mid air right to left switch
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-05-15 08:35 PM
Cmon
2463115, Highlights
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 05:53 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0pxM0fINV1w
2463164, the more i see the happier i am
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-05-15 08:37 PM
With Ilyasova at 4 we'll need some muscle at the 3

And that floater...man
2463185, RE: the more i see the happier i am
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-05-15 10:25 PM
>With Ilyasova at 4 we'll need some muscle at the 3
>
>And that floater...man

I wish Stan didnt hand the keys at SF right to marcus, but hes more traditional when it comes to rookies. Hopefulley SJ can play himsefl into a competition or maybe even compete with KCP for the 2.

RJ, KCP, Marcus, Ersan, Drummond only has 1 playmaker in the lineup
Stanley can be a secondary ballhandler.

Itll be interesting to see the small lineup sometimes
RJ, KCP, SJ, Marcus, Ersan
2463213, ya KCP isn't much of a pnr player
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-06-15 01:47 AM
SJ looks like he brings that ability
2463188, RE: the more i see the happier i am
Posted by ErnestLee, Sun Jul-05-15 10:35 PM
>With Ilyasova at 4 we'll need some muscle at the 3
>
>And that floater...man

Co sign. Love the inside/out he brings.
2463189, RE: the more i see the happier i am
Posted by JBoogs, Sun Jul-05-15 11:01 PM
yep

I've traveled far and wide through many different times...
2463084, Watching Harrison vs Harrison
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sun Jul-05-15 03:24 PM
2463088, Aaron balling this 4th quarter.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sun Jul-05-15 03:37 PM
2463087, Frank doing work on Day 2 as well
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jul-05-15 03:30 PM
14 points on 6/8 shooting...7 boards

most importantly he doesnt look slow and is moving well
2463126, He's always been a good athlete
Posted by Orbit_Established, Sun Jul-05-15 06:35 PM

He's nimble and quick as shit, if he was black
we'd point it out

(C)Keith Murray, "
2463148, Chief Kaminsky!
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Jul-05-15 07:53 PM
2463089, Y'all see lil Russ out there orchestratin!
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jul-05-15 03:40 PM
2463232, Royce White is still playing basketball?
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Jul-06-15 08:39 AM
for real, I thought he Sanders-ed out of the league
2463244, hes just getting another shot now
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 09:38 AM
though yesterday he got benched after 8 minutes for poor attitude
2463284, Kaminsky, Winslow, M. Turner, S. Johnson have impressed...
Posted by PROMO, Mon Jul-06-15 11:16 AM
Kaminsky gonna be a problem in the league simply for his ability to spread the floor by bringing bigs out of the paint (or hitting jumpers if they don't come out) and utilizing his passing ability. If he can pack on 10-15 of muscle he'll do even better in the post.

Winslow...maaaan, I hate DOOK but this guy is legit and he's gonna have all the GMS who drafted 3-9 feeling crunchy. He reminds me of Scottie Pippen so much. Plus defense, solid offense (that will get better), strong, quick and just looks like nothing bothers him (the mental part of the game is the hardest on young players).

Stanley Johnson has surprised me. I want to hate him since he's an Arizona product but he's shockingly (at least to me) been doing a little bit of everything but mainly has been scoring much better than I thought he could. If he turns out to be real good I'm gonna be salty, but good on ya Pistons.

Myles Turner only has one game in the books, but he showed an ease of putting the ball in the hoop. He looked pretty effortless in throwing in 20 points while pitching in 8 boards and 3 blocks. The knock on him was his defense effort so that's a good sign.

2463293, Utah starts tonight...
Posted by gmltheone, Mon Jul-06-15 11:47 AM
Don't even know who the sixers are playing. Be good to see jahlil and jerami.

See what Mcrae has to offer. Don't think pappyjack is playing until Vegas.

Same as it ever was!
2463344, Aaron Gordon back at it again today. Showing the full arsenal
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 02:21 PM
2463357, He put that work in during the offseason
Posted by VonClay, Mon Jul-06-15 02:43 PM
Good to see
2463349, dat mario.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Mon Jul-06-15 02:27 PM
https://vine.co/v/enOmUQPVrZi
2463361, YUP
Posted by Premiere, Mon Jul-06-15 02:46 PM
Best non-center from this draft.
2463363, He is gonna be fun to watch
Posted by VonClay, Mon Jul-06-15 02:55 PM
Can't wait to see his game progress
2463366, i'm a fan
Posted by Kungset, Mon Jul-06-15 03:00 PM
2463435, knicks fucked up.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Jul-06-15 07:08 PM
2463445, He gives zero fucks. FGA's!
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 07:40 PM
Let it fly
2463446, RE: He gives zero fucks. FGA's!
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 07:42 PM
2463496, spray fart
Posted by LegacyNS, Mon Jul-06-15 08:45 PM

<---- 5....

2463535, yo... just peeped the highlights..ol boy looks real..
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-06-15 11:25 PM
and Gordon look nice out there..

interesting...
2463411, RE: NBA Summer League play + boxscore Cyse/Hype Part 1
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 05:53 PM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/18de89a96da69750aa9a7eed1ffbb1cf/tumblr_inline_mqzg8zm99U1qz4rgp.jpg

2463414, Is that for Stanley?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 06:08 PM
2463417, You mean the -7 nigga who couldn't get by Justise?
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 06:14 PM
2463420, The 5-15 dude who is supposed to play within himself
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 06:19 PM
oh nah the guy who isn't supposed to be able to shoot cause his jump shot will get blocked every time.

Miami double teamed more than Detroit. Detroit just switched screens. Also a period in the 2nd where justise didn't even guard Stanley when they were both in the floor.

The honest truth is they both looked pretty solid today. Both guys had moments and both guys have stuff to work on. I'm glad I'm not the one on record saying one of them will suck and is racistly dumb
2463430, Shoulda been 5-9...refs missed a ton if calls
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 06:52 PM
Prolly ain't wanna keep blowing the whistle for him. It got embarrassing for -7 Nigga and the rest of them. Meanwhile, -7 Nigga and his rigid ass handle couldn't get by Justise for shit. That's pretty much the entire conversation.

I ain't addressing your pathetic Scooby Doo villain rant either. Cry your ass off.

2463431, RE: Shoulda been 5-9...refs missed a ton if calls
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 06:53 PM
Lmao refs also bailed him out on a number of calls early on. They were talking about it in the broadcast
2463437, i don't care what they talked about. i watched it.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 07:09 PM
he got to the bucket when he wanted and he knew it. coaches likely told him he's proved his point and to work on his jumper, because that's where he needs to improve.

pretty sure all his kick outs will be knocked down 40% of the time when the realness starts.

not too sure -7 Nigga's eyebrow-level jumper will be accommodated as much as it has been.

you mad

2463422, LMAO!!!!!!
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-06-15 06:27 PM
Stanley - 14 pts - on FIVE shots - 7 reb 2 ast 1 blk 2 stl

Justise - 17 points -on 15 shots - 4 reb 1 ast

2463425, *waits for the yall cysing a summer league game switch*
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 06:35 PM
2463438, my guy won. i don't have to cyse, diffuse or divert.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 07:21 PM
you do.

2463428, :)
Posted by Ceej, Mon Jul-06-15 06:47 PM
2463434, the -7 nigga GOT OFF five shots. that's the issue
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 07:03 PM
you cysing that shit like it's good. his ass was stifled.

2463441, Lol...I didn't watch. I just saw the #s. And know you've hated Stanley..
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 07:34 PM
for the past 2 to 3 yrs or so.

It should be a good rivalry with Kelly for the next few yrs at least.
2463447, so hes good enough to turn 5 fga into 14 points...
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-06-15 07:43 PM
But not good enough to take more shots?

Lol
2463449, Lmao if you watched
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 07:45 PM
you would know that Stanley was +8 in the 3rd after busting 2 "blocked every time" jumpers in winslows face until the fat josh smith takeover. Winslow wasn't even in the game during that stretch. But of course you'd rather sit here and lie.
2463459, here we go again...like it's 1988 and shit
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 07:56 PM
i watched. i watched his ass get locked up for two quarters. i saw ONE eyebrow jumper that justise ain't care to guard and he paid for it, so congrats on that.

since you watched...what happened to all -7 Nigga's drives that he was gettin the last day? i mean, what changed?

no excuses...critique your man's game. i know my dogg J need work. explain why stiff hips 2.0 couldn't drive.

he gerald wallace. a basic ass try hard nigga. there's no dimension to dude's game. he don't pop off the screen. justise got a pro's demeanor. don't shit bother him. especially not some dumb ass nigga talmbout he gon miss both free throws like he the one choked like a dog in the ncaa tourney.

-7 nigga faced an all-NBA frontline in that wisconsin game, too. a lot to be said for that. couldn't get off shots then either.

2463518, LMAO you were the one trying to hype the fact that you watched in post 96
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 10:17 PM
"i dont care what you say, I watched"
lmao

>i watched. i watched his ass get locked up for two quarters.
>i saw ONE eyebrow jumper that justise ain't care to guard and
>he paid for it, so congrats on that.
>
>since you watched...what happened to all -7 Nigga's drives
>that he was gettin the last day? i mean, what changed?

Well Jus is supposed to be an elite D prospect, right? Aside from that Miami sent lots of help to him

>
>no excuses...critique your man's game. i know my dogg J need
>work. explain why stiff hips 2.0 couldn't drive.
>

I'd be happy to. Im always for good discourse.
First, defensively he needs to work on controlled agression. He loves to play high and close out space and try to make guys feel uncomfortable. Its fine, but then when guys drive on him he bites on almost every fake. It either gets him into foul trouble or out of position.

Offensively id like to see him draw contact better near the basket. I love his midrange pull up. But yea, he can get a little sloppy near the cup and his dribble is high. But I'm not worried, he's gonna be better near the hoop than he was in college just because the space of teh NBA game. There won't be packed in zones. Ill save judment on his lack of driving ability for more games. When Ive seen him be fine off the drive in HS, College, and 2 out of 3 summer league games.

>he gerald wallace. a basic ass try hard nigga. there's no
>dimension to dude's game. he don't pop off the screen. justise
>got a pro's demeanor. don't shit bother him. especially not
>some dumb ass nigga talmbout he gon miss both free throws like
>he the one choked like a dog in the ncaa tourney.

So is this an aesthetic thing? You know guys who had dimensions to their games? Anthony Randolph, Michael Beasley

You know more effective guys who tried hard?
Artest, Marion, Ben Wallace, Kawhi

You knw whose also been accused of being a stiff hipped athlete on this board? Bron.

Effective is effective.

People keep crying about his low ass release (not just you but the internet). He's taken how many jumpers in summer league? Exactly 0 have been blocked. He''ll be fine. Im sure he'll get a shot blocked here and there but its not like all his jumpers will get blocked. His low release is made up by his quick release.

Ill leave you with this
https://twitter.com/Piston_Nation/status/618199342097297408

The assist # for Stanley is wrong, he avgs 2, his total is 6.

>
>-7 nigga faced an all-NBA frontline in that wisconsin game,
>too. a lot to be said for that. couldn't get off shots then
>either.
>
>
>
>
2463522, RE: LMAO you were the one trying to hype the fact that you watched in post 96
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 10:29 PM
>"i dont care what you say, I watched"
>lmao
>
>
>
>>i watched. i watched his ass get locked up for two quarters.
>>i saw ONE eyebrow jumper that justise ain't care to guard
>and
>>he paid for it, so congrats on that.
>>
>>since you watched...what happened to all -7 Nigga's drives
>>that he was gettin the last day? i mean, what changed?
>
>Well Jus is supposed to be an elite D prospect, right? Aside
>from that Miami sent lots of help to him

just because your dumb ass guy dribble into traps, that don't mean he was doubled. i'm not even gon read the rest, because i already see from this you gon act stupid as shit. my guy won, your guy lost. my guy made shit happen in the closing minutes on BOTH ends and your guy didn't. simple as that.
2463524, RE: LMAO you were the one trying to hype the fact that you watched in post 96
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 10:34 PM
>>"i dont care what you say, I watched"
>>lmao
>>
>>
>>
>>>i watched. i watched his ass get locked up for two
>quarters.
>>>i saw ONE eyebrow jumper that justise ain't care to guard
>>and
>>>he paid for it, so congrats on that.
>>>
>>>since you watched...what happened to all -7 Nigga's drives
>>>that he was gettin the last day? i mean, what changed?
>>
>>Well Jus is supposed to be an elite D prospect, right? Aside
>>from that Miami sent lots of help to him
>
>just because your dumb ass guy dribble into traps, that don't
>mean he was doubled. i'm not even gon read the rest, because i
>already see from this you gon act stupid as shit. my guy won,
>your guy lost. my guy made shit happen in the closing minutes

You mean getting his out of control forced drive two hand volleyball blocked?

33%

2463527, he can get where he wanna go tho. -7 can't
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 10:49 PM
justise right better than BOTH -7's hands on the bounce.

when -7 shooting regresses to the mean and he lookin useless like he did against wisconsin and most of today, as he don't have much else to his game...i'll be here, just waiting on the excuses.

you like how justise kept -7 at arm's length when he was back alone and they had him 2-on-1. -7 flared out, like a fuckin idiot for a three, while the big was under the bucket alone? remember that? that play right there showed the IQ of each player.

justise felt -7 while still ball-hawking on his ed reed shit and he was able to break up the pass to the big for an easy bucket.

just an intelligent play, but he was helped by the stupidity of -7 making himself stationary.

2463528, uh no. he was doubled consistently.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-06-15 11:00 PM
2463530, y'all some excuse making ass dudes
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 11:04 PM
justise was doubled.

then, he split that shit and got to the line. too bad -7 don't got that in the arsenal.

2463531, i think you havent been watching as closely as you say lol
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Jul-06-15 11:19 PM
And i have no reason to make an excuse

Even a cursory glance at the numbers tells you Stanley was the best player in the game
2463547, -7 was the best player for a stretch in the 3rd qtr
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Jul-07-15 05:51 AM
Other than that, I dunno what the fuck y'all going on about. Justise missed about 3 Js and two drives that pull down his percentages and y'all clinging to it for dear life because y'all buttcheeks was tight as shit at the half when he outscored -7 11 to 4. Y'all so relieved that -7 made that shit respectable that you're giving him the edge like idiots, like he wasn't shut down for a half.

2463551, That's what they play 2 halves genius
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue Jul-07-15 07:21 AM
im not th guy who got all cysed after one half and then had my guy "shutdown " to 4 points after the half going 1- 200000

33.333333333333333 repeating ass mofo

https://mobile.twitter.com/Piston_Nation/status/618199342097297408/photo/1
2463557, he had 6 after the half...but continue being mad tho
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Jul-07-15 08:04 AM

you mad as hell, dude.

if -7 were actually smart at using screens, maybe he coulda used them more to get justise off his ass so he coulda got more shots off.

as it stands, pretty much all he knows how to do is push off and run behind the screen for a shot. he won't enjoy how often that gets called an offensive foul on rookies when the realness starts.

2463553, youre the one coming off pressed actually with the -7 nonsense
Posted by cgonz00cc, Tue Jul-07-15 07:41 AM
Youre gonna hammer individual +/- for one game and ignore the fact that Johnson fills out a score sheet while Winslow has been basically a volume scorer with little to no other impact on his team?

Ok

You're gonna talk about IQ while Winslow is getting 1/3 of the assists SJ is while spending more time as a pnr ballhandler?

Ok

Youre gonna talk about SJ's jumpshot while hes at 70/50 and Winslow is at 38/12?

Ok

But we're pressed lol. Have your guy get a board, or a cpl steals, or *something* other than chuckin and clankin.
2463555, fills out the score sheet? he lost, dogg.
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Jul-07-15 07:53 AM

you watched the game. justise does more to help a team win games. simple as that.
2463536, Morris looks like he's looking at Benoit Okafor-kandi out there
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-06-15 11:38 PM
in his first summer league game...

lol...
2463537, n/m
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-06-15 11:42 PM
2463451, So what are we thinkin on this Kyle Anderson dude?
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 07:47 PM
I was never sold
2463455, Still, super skilled but not sure he'll ever get the chance to thrive in the league
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 07:54 PM
the league
2463465, Yea, nice skill set for his size..Under control.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 08:04 PM
But slow with no athleticism. Which worked for some.. but it doesn't look that way for him.
2463480, I think he's the type if you put him in game situations, you could..
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:23 PM
see how he'll help.

2463463, still a fan
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 08:02 PM
2463475, But but..he's a UCLA guy
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 08:17 PM
lol
2463533, tough to find a position for him really...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-06-15 11:20 PM
probably a SF....but not the most athletic dude...

but in the back of my mind.... when he got a chance to run a team at the point in college...he showed he could do that..and showed his ultimate value really...

but looking at this d league stats...he's listed as a PF..and he put up some solid all around numbers..

hopefully he'll get a chance.
2463452, Jah Beta 1: if this kid harnesses The Bamma Within, it's a wrap
Posted by bshelly, Mon Jul-06-15 07:47 PM
He's just a little passive at times. Needs to be a little more pressed to get the ball and hurt people's feelings.

But yo. Hes going to score and rebound. That is blindingly obvious.
2463456, RE: Jah Beta 1: if this kid harnesses The Bamma Within, it's a wrap
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Jul-06-15 07:54 PM
I feel like it's the balance. Sometimes he's too pressed and gets himself in bad situations. Overall though I think the lakers made a mistake letting him pass and taking dlo. I know a lot of Philly guys like dlo but jahs gonna be a pillar in this league.
2463665, As one who was REALLY looking forward to D'Angelo.. this may be the greatest...
Posted by mtbatol, Tue Jul-07-15 01:04 PM
Consolidation prize in Philadelphia Sports
2463458, Damn near a dub dub first outing
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 07:55 PM
2463462, yeah, he shoulda dominated.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-06-15 08:01 PM
2463467, he did anyway, but he's gonna need dat bamma factor in real games
Posted by bshelly, Mon Jul-06-15 08:07 PM
2463477, Why isn't **INSERT PLAYER** playing in Summer League?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:20 PM
2463478, Trey Burke
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:21 PM
I mean they really wanna give the spot to Exum. He should shadow that nigga and try to out play him every step of the way.
2463482, And they got Hanlan who will shoot his way to a roster spot
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 08:23 PM
2463483, Jeremy Lamb should be there just because.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:23 PM
2463485, Marcus Smart lookin good out there
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 08:29 PM
2463489, Oh shit Antonio Lang!
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:35 PM
He's always been on Quinn's staff?
2463491, Same thing I said, lol
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 08:36 PM
2463506, hold up, Lang was there?!
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jul-06-15 09:11 PM
I'm outta town.
2465771, yessir
Posted by noseitall, Tue Jul-14-15 12:22 AM
caught up with him about a month ago while he was in Durham for a dook camp. Said he'd been in Utah since last year i believe. We chopped it up about the squad. Talked about the draft workouts, Trey, Exum. He's always been cool people tho. Prolly my favorite dookie

peace.
~~~~~~~~~

my hard head makes me learn shit the hard way - t.i.

my greatest enemy is my inner me - lupe fiasco
2463500, Still like Dante
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-06-15 08:51 PM
2463504, Out here toying w smart
Posted by gmltheone, Mon Jul-06-15 08:54 PM
At least this quarter.
Same as it ever was!
2463514, RJ tight as hell and struggling to guard
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-06-15 09:56 PM
2463538, with all the losing and high draft picks they've had...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Jul-06-15 11:44 PM

shouldn't the Sixers have more names on their summer league squad??

I mean outside of Benoit Okafor-kandi .. with all that losing and all them picks...you're supposed to have some guys on your summer league squad...

doesn't seem like they're getting the "benefits" of losing....lol..
2463548, Thanks in advance...
Posted by gmltheone, Tue Jul-07-15 05:58 AM
We will be picking a "name" with that top 10 pick we get from the Lakers.

Lou willz, Brandon Bass, and Roy Hibbert. Sounds like Cooper, Worthy, and Kareem 2k15. SHOWTIME!

Same as it ever was!
2463550, Don't bother
Posted by bshelly, Tue Jul-07-15 07:13 AM
2463616, the Sixers are probably the most inept organization is sports
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jul-07-15 11:06 AM
right now...

this tanking analytic strategy is supposed to have the team building and improving... yet the Sixers sit in the same place they've been in for years..

it's a joke really...
2464336, RE: the Sixers are probably the most inept organization is sports
Posted by bshelly, Thu Jul-09-15 09:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13190660/lamarcus-aldridge-los-angeles-lakers-meet-second
2463830, Kyle Andrson looking like a real player out there...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jul-07-15 09:20 PM
2463831, *head nod*
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jul-07-15 09:32 PM
2463838, Jack Cooley about be a superstar in Utah
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jul-07-15 09:56 PM
They lub him
2464059, Being Dumb and Trying Hard
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jul-08-15 03:00 PM
aka youre gonna suck

http://streamable.com/jab3
2464065, don't seem to try hard enough when facing equal or greater athleticism
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Jul-08-15 03:08 PM
you can actually stop posting at me about this now. we saw the matchup. my guy won it. i can wait until the season to continue this.

thanks.

edit: you can have the last word. i REALLY don't care, dogg.

2464070, Nobody thought your guy won except you, but ok.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jul-08-15 03:20 PM
>you can actually stop posting at me about this now. we saw
>the matchup. my guy won it. i can wait until the season to
>continue this.
>
>thanks.
>
>edit: you can have the last word. i REALLY don't care, dogg.
>
>

We not gonna go tit for tat for 82 games? I know youre scared you know that J is broke as fuck and its gonna be awhile LMAO.

Its okay we can take their lead and be friends and play fifa together
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/06/detroit-pistons-miami-heat/29783393/

http://pistonpowered.com/2015/07/06/stanley-johnson-justise-winslow-more-friends-than-rivals/
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2015/07/stanley_johnson_vs_justise_win.html
2464261, The "dumb" part is so spectacularly racist and wrong, Ba
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jul-09-15 01:44 AM

You don't need to throw other members of the black
race in the trash for Duke guys

Stanley Johnson is so far away from "dumb"

He's, in fact, mostly headiness, preparation and hustle

Stop it
2464294, you don't follow recruiting and i've watched both guys for years
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 08:23 AM
i'll leave my response there. he dumb.

2464297, Just say Winslow is better.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jul-09-15 08:32 AM

But don't so Stanley Johnson is "dumb" because there
is nothing "dumb" about his game.

Stop it.
2464301, just be responsible for what you say and i'll do the same
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 08:41 AM
he dumb. just like tyrus was dumb. like anthony randolph was dumb. like lance is dumb. dumb is dumb.

just my opinion. for all i know, they could be writing voltaire dissertations and city planning OFF the court.

2464343, LOL he knows its racist. He names it himself in #28
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 09:28 AM
gonna have white dudes really running around calling Stanley dumb cause how he looks
2464080, first 20-10 game for the pair
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jul-08-15 03:50 PM
still shot over 50%

steals and blocks
2464128, RE: first 20-10 game for the pair
Posted by murph71, Wed Jul-08-15 07:30 PM
>still shot over 50%
>
>steals and blocks

That kid looks like the real deal....He seems to be all over the floor....
2464093, maaaaaaaaan
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Jul-08-15 04:48 PM
2464206, -7 meet -10
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jul-08-15 10:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EqnhK813nY&feature=youtu.be
The Stanley Highlights

Lets not let these go with all the other madness today
2464240, Can anyone tell me how Stanley looked in the games?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jul-09-15 12:01 AM
2464243, looked great against low-level wing athletes
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 12:10 AM

2464248, really fucking good.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jul-09-15 12:29 AM
consistent. confident. scoring efficiently from all over the floor.
very aggressive rebounder. some nice effort plays, diving for
50 50 balls, chasedown block in transition. adjusts well throughout
the game to various P&R defenses thrown at him (trap, switch, hard
blitz). FTs need work but that'll come.

he's been pretty dominant. dude can ball.
2464303, he's spoonfeeding Berggren dunks off the pnr
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jul-09-15 08:45 AM
And showed a nice split thru a trap a few times too
2464262, Cerebral, plays the game the right wy
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jul-09-15 01:44 AM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2464306, i cant tell if youre just stirring the pot but i agree
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jul-09-15 08:48 AM
Lot of really good decisions from what ive seen
2464275, a bunch of highlights in this post
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 07:27 AM
which obviously dont tell the whole story but will give you some of the picture.

Bottom line is he's looked good. You definitely see the young artest comparison, but he's got a little more diversity to his offensive game and isnt as fast defensively.

Defensively he loves to get in peoples space/chest and pressure high. It'll be great for mid tier guys but the elite guys will go past him/ draw fouls. He is also too agressive sometimes. Goes for lots of pump fakes. On the flip side he'll make you feel uncomfortable and dive on balls. If youre not 100% ready to face him, he's gonna give you a headache.

Offensively I think this is where he's played better then expected. His jumper has been hitting. He's shooting like 50% from 3 - differnet types of 3's, off the dribble ff the catch and shoot. The low release point is there, but its a fast release- and I dont remember a lot of his jumpshots getting blocked.

He does a good job of selling the pump fake when he isnt ready to shoot the 3 then attacks the hoop. He has a good mid range floater that he's used effectively. Ba is right, once he gets to the hoop he can sometimes get a little sloppy, but he's finished pretty well there too. Much better than his "concerning" college numbers would make you believe he could.

At arizona they didnt space the floor well. That + college zone rules allowed the paint to be packed a lot more so his finishing at the rim wasnt as good. His offensive game is more built for the NBA. Gives him space to use his strength. I mean when was the last time we saw a Wing who couldnt shoot win a college player of the year? A lot of guys like Wiggins and Mclemore, etc will end up being able to develop their games more in the NBA where more space is given

Intangible wise hes all over the court. He tracks back for boards, hes diving after balls, he gets back to make defensive plays. He's flying all over the place. That supposedly makes him a dumb try hard player, but we all know in the NBA what you can get away with just tryinghard - caus emost players dont bring it every night.
2464278, Skrong
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 07:34 AM
2464302, Stanley Johnson is gonna become one of the most controversial athletes on OKS.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jul-09-15 08:45 AM
Didn't see that coming.
Also, I never thought Nyquil would catch on, Jeremy Lin posts, or Tristan Thompson being a pivotal free agent.
2464317, NyQuil is Top 3, possibly GOAT OKS Lexicon Term
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jul-09-15 09:01 AM
>Also, I never thought Nyquil would catch on, Jeremy Lin posts,
>or Tristan Thompson being a pivotal free agent.
2464348, It sure is. But when O.E. said it, I never thought it had legs.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jul-09-15 09:41 AM
2464352, i hate y'all for giving that Melo desperation term legs
Posted by bshelly, Thu Jul-09-15 09:46 AM
2464692, Remember, Grantland copied O_E, and legitimized it.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Jul-10-15 10:46 AM

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/curious-george-the-collapse-of-the-pacers-stars-season/

Lifted my entire point, all of it

Anything to get white people to understand what O_E says

I do this professionally now

Find someone white to believe it, it has legs

(C)Keith Murray, "
2465031, regardless of its origin, everytime it's said
Posted by Dr Claw, Sat Jul-11-15 09:57 AM
I just think of that Paul George Instagram of him drinking the Gatorade and imagine that it's actually a bottle of NyQuil and die laughin
2465302, I'm saying, it was a trash description of PG and seldom applies to others
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 02:12 PM
It's just a way of saying a guy doesn't do the impossible, which is light it up for 48 minutes of 82 games.
2464324, niggas who cysing him better hope he does.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 09:14 AM
'cause if he just kinda fades into being a role player or flat out sorry, this ain't gon be one of them times when i just let shit go...like derrick williams, randolph, tyrus, burke, joe alexander, terrance williams, whoever else.

from now on, if niggas jump out and cyse anyone i already think overrated anyway, i'm not lettin it go.
2464328, So worst case scenario you follow me around a message board + remind me
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 09:16 AM
I made a wrong call on a basketball player.

Fuck my life!

2464358, welcome to my world...look forward to seeing you in a bennett thread
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 09:55 AM
2464349, I don't think anybody thinks he's gonna be a star.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jul-09-15 09:43 AM
I'd settle for solid starter.
2464355, Wrong
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 09:50 AM
What do we mean by star?

Lebron? Anthony Davis? Steph? Probably not

Is Someone like Kawhi, Paul George, Kyrie, Blake, Deandre, Melo, Jimmy Butler. I can see

Someone like Anthony Randolph, Tyrus Thomas? No
2464360, Ok....correction. One person thinks he's gonna be a star.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jul-09-15 10:00 AM
2464350, i love that they didn't even pause during the Deandre mess last night
Posted by bshelly, Thu Jul-09-15 09:44 AM
NOPE. We gotta settle Stanley v. Justice right. now.
2464397, Tyler Johnson broke his jaw and lost a tooth on this pick
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRzkCSigdQ4
2464448, One thing I am mad about for both is they may not start
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 02:07 PM
Id love to see both get tossed in the fire and get experienc. I think both have the demeanor to do it.

But Stan traded for marcus who he said will start. The good thing is Stan can maybe overtake KCP and play some 2. The Pistons need another playmaker in the lineup with Reggie. They can also go to a small ball lineup and move Marcus to 4.

For Miami Jus will definitely be behind Wade at 2 on the depth chart, and probably behind Deng at least to start the season. Then they just added gerald green too - so thats going to cut into some minutes. My guess is they have him primarily backup the 3 and Gerald the 2.
2464494, i think SJ is gonna get minutes at 2, 3, and 4
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jul-09-15 04:18 PM
Prolly not much at the 2 tho

I think they are banking on KCP stepping into a ~38 mpg role and hes def a better perimeter defender at this point

Im actually kinda optimistic about KCP myself
2464515, McGary may have just ended some kids roster dreams
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 05:56 PM
Nssty put back dunk on errybody
2464573, some dude named Khouley on the Jazz is getting a lot of
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jul-09-15 09:09 PM
Offensive rebounds against Benoit Okafor-Kandi...

not a good look.
2464574, Jah's ceiling is Benoit Benjamin??.. Kandi man?? lol.. They coming for u
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 09:31 PM
Dem Duke boys that is. OKP Cameron crazies

>Offensive rebounds against Benoit Okafor-Kandi...
>
>not a good look.
2464578, nah...we good
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jul-09-15 09:39 PM
2464600, fool you saw them Euro-rejects beating Oaka-Kandi to the
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jul-09-15 11:02 PM
boards..

hey ..the kid has shown some slick moves on the offensive end.... not sure how they'll work against NBA centers....

but them 2 tall Euros were beating his ass to the boards ..

you seent it...
2464605, RE: fool you saw them Euro-rejects beating Oaka-Kandi to the That
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 11:58 PM
That euro center Jack "COOLEY" played at notre dame-- I guess that's French or something
2464670, i'm good tho. thanks.
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jul-10-15 09:20 AM
2464579, Basketball Jesus must love agendas: Detroit Miami rematch tomorrow?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jul-09-15 09:40 PM
2464584, Agendas working out for the greater good of mankind
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 09:51 PM
Uh huh
2464591, JW might not play, or might be on minutes restriction
Posted by JBoogs, Thu Jul-09-15 10:17 PM
since Miami is also doing Vegas Summer League

2464594, Young boys. Let em hoop!
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 10:23 PM
2464587, OT
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jul-09-15 09:59 PM
2464597, Larry Bird is a Stanley fan
Posted by JBoogs, Thu Jul-09-15 10:29 PM
last part of this video:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/magic/2015/07/09/1421500018-ind-orb-bird-intv.nba/

2464606, The quote
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 12:03 AM

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM #1

Default Larry Bird - "Stanley Johnson Is A Man"
During the halftime interview with Larry, he wasn't asked about Johnson. He brought him up because he loves his game. They asked Larry if he would welcome a shootout with any of the summer league players. He said he's too old for that but he said he'd love to play against Stanley Johnson. To quote, "he just goes to the basket. He doesn't jump into guys looking for fouls, he tries to finish, he's a man".

Dro is offline Reply With Quote
2464601, NBA to track new scrappy/hustle stat for five categories.. (link)
Posted by Kira, Thu Jul-09-15 11:14 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/10/nba-to-track-five-hustle-stats-at-2015-summer-league-in-las-vegas/

2-Point FG Contested (C2FGA) – Defensive players will be assigned a 2-point FG Contested if they make their presence felt by raising a hand to contest a shot inside the three-point line prior to the release of the ball without fouling or blocking the shot attempt. A 2-Point FG Contested will still be awarded even if the offensive player makes the shot, another player also contests the shot (leading to both players being assigned a 2-Point FG Contested), or the ball is never actually released from the shooter’s hands due to the contest (provided the offensive player demonstrated a clear intent to shoot as opposed to simply pump faking).

3-Point FG Contested (C3FGA) – The same rules of a 2-Point Field Goal Contested apply to a 3-Point Field Goal Contested, except the Field Goal Attempt must be outside the three-point line.

Deflection (DEFL) – A defensive player shall be assigned a deflection upon redirecting the intended flight of the basketball through intentional physical contact on any non-field goal attempt. A deflection is separate from a steal, and does not require either control of the basketball or a change in possession. A kick ball also results in the defending player being awarded a deflection.

Loose-Ball Recovered (LBR) – A player shall be assigned a Loose-Ball Recovered upon gaining sole possession of a live “50/50” ball not controlled by either team. A loose-ball recovery can occur after a deflection, a block, a field goal attempt, or any other situation in which players must exert effort to gain possession of a live ball not directly in their individually controlled area (i.e. the ball does not come directly towards them or the recovery is contested). A loose ball recovery that leads to a jump ball results in half a Loose-Ball Recovered for both players involved in the jump.

Charge (CHRG DR) – The defensive player shall be assigned a Charge Drawn if the offensive player dribbling the basketball charges into an opponent that has established a legal guarding position. This occurrence will be directly called by an official on the floor.
2464608, Oaka-Kandi shooting 44% from the field.... 31% from the line
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jul-10-15 12:08 AM
2464675, Trigga Trey with a nice little debut. Favors, you're in the way. Again
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Fri Jul-10-15 09:42 AM
2464907, I don't care what anyone says this is the best time to be in Vegas
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 07:58 PM
as a hoop head this is ground zero

https://mobile.twitter.com/SHowardCooper/status/619664354577780740

By the way welcome to the league rook
http://streamable.com/1ter
2464908, It really is.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Fri Jul-10-15 08:07 PM
Definitely a perk of living here.
I've been to Summer League 3 years now and I love it.

Every time I find a way to sit in front of some NBA assistant agents or family that just talk and talk. Everybody is there watching the games. Hitting up Bulls Wolves tomorrow afternoon.
2465015, I've been trying to get a group of homeboys to go for years.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Jul-11-15 04:54 AM
I might just have to go dolo next year.
2464915, Next year, I'll be there.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jul-10-15 08:27 PM
2464926, Yea I got a homeboy who's there. Loving life right about now.
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jul-10-15 08:43 PM
2464966, I was there last year during Summer League
Posted by MothershipConnection, Fri Jul-10-15 09:59 PM
I recognized Darrell Arthur hanging out because I had him in my 2K franchise mode.
2464993, Shit its a big UFC weekend too?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 10:54 PM
2465998, OKS RE 2016?
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-15-15 08:54 AM
2464922, Carol Anderson Towne is such a nice passer
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Jul-10-15 08:38 PM
And then he just ran down and yammed it.

Zach had another highlight reel, but that's to be expected.
2464929, Unfortunate autocorrect
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jul-10-15 08:53 PM
2464938, You don't even know how big a fan of Carly Antonio Townes I am
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Jul-10-15 09:05 PM
Hence my cloak
2464932, D'Angelo Russell better than every point guard your alma mater has produced*
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jul-10-15 08:57 PM
*Not you Longo or Coolidge

But everyone else... Yup.
2464937, not UK...not even 'Cuse
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jul-10-15 09:03 PM
2464943, Time will tell
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jul-10-15 09:09 PM
I like my chances.
2464945, always does...
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jul-10-15 09:12 PM
2465036, lol Tyus will never ever be as good as Mike though
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jul-11-15 10:39 AM
you overshot like hell with that one.

2465047, we'll see. if not, we have more on the way
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-11-15 11:22 AM
2464933, Clarkson stuntin outchea.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Jul-10-15 08:58 PM
2464955, All my stock. He's gonna be good, special even.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 09:29 PM
2464940, But seriously folks, how long until NBA announcers realize his last name is
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Jul-10-15 09:07 PM
Towns, not Anthony-Towns?

I give it until January.
2464957, that's just Reggie's goofy ass doing that
Posted by Kungset, Fri Jul-10-15 09:31 PM
2464948, Man it's going to be sweet when LaVine doesn't have to handle the ball
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Jul-10-15 09:15 PM
half the time. Him and Tyus will make a nice second unit in the backcourt through the first 35 games (at which point, K-Mart and/or Rubio will have had a combined three serious injuries and they'll be de facto starters.)
2464958, RE: Man it's going to be sweet when LaVine doesn't have to handle the ball
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 09:31 PM
He's playing with a bounce and confidence. Good to see him improve his range.

I think he'll still end up being the 2nd pg.

Tyus isn't ready don't know if he'll ever be
2464961, on rhythm guitar: Is He Straddlin'?
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jul-10-15 09:37 PM
>Tyus isn't ready don't know if he'll ever be

these ambiguous throwaway comments mean nothing. speak on it. is he gon be sorry or what? this why all my shit gets upped (well, the shit i'm wrong about anyway), because i commit to shit i think about players.

don't be all "glad he figured it out" later. FOH!
2464963, Sorry I don't play by your rules
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 09:42 PM
indidnt watch him enough in college to make a full eval. Players change and get better anybody whose watched sports knows that. That's why even you, ba the great end up wrong and right in your player evals.

Right now he doesn't look ready to play. Given his lack of speed and size it's going to be tough for him in the NBA unless he becomes a really good NBA shooter

If you were to force me to make a bet today with a gun to my head id take the No.
2464964, i'd like a real answer before the season starts
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jul-10-15 09:44 PM
otherwise i can just ignore whatever you have to say about him.

-8, btw

2464969, LMAO -10 0 points, followed by DNP: Scared, touche
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 10:08 PM
LOLOL
2464959, Towns on this laker team would've been nice
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 09:32 PM
2464960, Randles key is going to be consistently knocking down the 20 fter.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 09:35 PM
if not he's stuck to the same shimmy bull drive
2464965, Finals rematch time
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jul-10-15 09:54 PM
2464967, Craftwork
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jul-10-15 10:04 PM
2464968, Gritty, gutty, A. Craft
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jul-10-15 10:07 PM
Is he good enough to get on that roster though??
2465000, He should have gone over to Europe a while ago..im rooting for him.
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jul-10-15 11:01 PM
2464991, McAdoo lookin a little bit like a player
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jul-10-15 10:40 PM
2464992, Clarkson and Russell are going to be special.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jul-10-15 10:54 PM
Randle...time will tell but if he can have and Odom like career I'm very happy.
2465001, Move Clarkson into your starting lineup.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jul-10-15 11:11 PM
He aint nobody's 6th man
2465045, Coach Scott already said he's starting
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat Jul-11-15 11:12 AM
Lou will be the 6th man
2464999, But how are you gonna hate?
Posted by Marauder21, Fri Jul-10-15 11:01 PM
https://twitter.com/ZacharyBD/status/619685085336371200?autoplay=true
2465048, I tried to tell people. So good...
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Sat Jul-11-15 11:23 AM
2465102, That pass out of the double was nice
Posted by After_Words, Sat Jul-11-15 02:38 PM
I'm about to go catch them live in a bit... Last summer league I saw was Johnny Flynn. I need to wipe that experience from my memory.
2465004, Reggie speaking that truth about Joe Harris' passive ass.
Posted by Beezo, Fri Jul-10-15 11:19 PM
2465028, I wouldn't be shocked to see Lakers-Wolves in the WCF in years.
Posted by Cold Truth, Sat Jul-11-15 09:47 AM
There's so much quality young talent on both teams it's really not a stretch to project these two teams to the top of the west in five years.

While the Lakers ooze potential, especially with a godly amount of money coming to add more veterans, Minnesota seems like a pretty sure bet to become a serious contender sooner than later. KAT showed a ton of versatility tonight and he may well redefine his position. Lavine showed off a nice new J. Rubio is about to feast this year.

Far as the Lakers, I saw a a ton of positives. JC is going to come into this season extremely confident and I think it's warranted. I think he's the real deal, I just don't know what his ceiling is. He has a certain amount of Russell Westbrook in his game that intrigues me. He's even got some of that attitude.

Randle was rusty, but that was expected. HIs face up game and drop step is going to be a problem. Taking guys off the dribble from just inside the three point line? He's just got so many tools. Reggie and them are right about his size. He's a goddamned bull right now. He actually lost weight, but he seems to have just added muscle while trimming fat.

Russell is undoubtedly the right pick for this group of guys. He and JC will make for an impressive backcort. There's some overlap but an awful lot of complimentary elements. Guys like Nance and Brown are going to become real NBA players largely due to the duo of Russe and Clarkson.

Oh, and Nance is going to be an instant crowd favorite. I love the kid already. He contests everything on D and he's going to catch an awful lot of lobs. We'll win a few games with his energy alone.

I really like Upshaw's nasty. He'll need to reign it in a bit but every team needs a guy like that. If he shows that kind of moxy against Boogie and Brow he's got a future. Black might well cushion the loss of Ed Davis. I like his size in terms of build, just that Rick Fox low center of gravity build that will help him hold position.

All in all I like what I see in this group. We'll see how things shake out through opening day, but I'm good with just letting these kids take the reigns for a year. If we want to be attractive to top free agents, we need these guys to develop this potential so that we're selling real players.
2465034, shit, i would.
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-11-15 10:34 AM
2465135, Upshaw is a try hard all-star in the making...
Posted by Kira, Sat Jul-11-15 04:56 PM
2466003, summer league.
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-15-15 09:14 AM
2465124, 20 point debut for Norman Powell...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sat Jul-11-15 04:08 PM
he's on a squad where he can do something too...

2465126, Austin Daye dropped 52 last week doe....(vid)
Posted by LAbeathustla, Sat Jul-11-15 04:17 PM
in the Drew League...bwahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/drewleague/status/619977764196626433
2465132, Kristaps looks pretty decent, just needs to get stronger
Posted by MothershipConnection, Sat Jul-11-15 04:47 PM
He had a drive or two where he could have gone up for an easy bucket if he was stronger and he gets pushed around on the boards a bit, but he looks really skilled and not scared. He had a nice pull up bank shot and drew some fouls and threw a nice would be dime if the other dude didn't get stuffed at the rim. Nice looking three throw stroke too you can tell the guy can really shoot it.
2465465, SO WE WERE THE ONLY ONES CHECKING THAT GAME APPARENTLY
Posted by ThaAnthology, Mon Jul-13-15 10:59 AM
K LOOKED GOOD BUT I SGREE, STRENGTH IS HIS ONLY CAVEAT. HE HAS TALENT AND I LIKE HIS CONFIDENCE. JERIAN GRANT LOOKED GOOD ALSO. RICKY LEDO NEEDS TO PASS MORE.
2465160, portis making KAT look silly.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Sat Jul-11-15 06:46 PM
2465174, KAT didn't like the double team.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Sat Jul-11-15 08:27 PM
They forced a few turnovers and I'm sure that would fluster anyone in their first NBA game.

But I was happy with how Portis played. Very loose. No hesitation on those jumpers.

Great seeing him box out.

There's no player stats at the Thomas & Mack, so I didn't know McDermott had over 20 by the 4th. It was a real quiet 20.
2465169, clarkston/d.russ/nance ...i like it
Posted by LAbeathustla, Sat Jul-11-15 07:53 PM
2465190, Jahlil beasted tonight. Just finished watching it.
Posted by gmltheone, Sat Jul-11-15 10:58 PM
Uh hmmm....just wanted to mention in case the game was blocked
out everywhere else. Seems only the bad games get through.  

Oh yeah. Upshaw still ain't figure out that spin move. 
---------------------------
Same as it ever was!
2465199, It's only the one guy.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jul-12-15 12:53 AM
Jah, like all rookies, is having an up-and-down summer league.
He was terrific tonight. He looked out of step against Utah.
It happens. Especially with big men.

Only one guy here is making ludicrous comparisons with Jah and
waving an agenda flag for obviously personal reasons. Everyone
else here sees the talent and knows what the one guy is trying
to do. He'll be ignoring good performances and posting about
bad ones for years to come. I'd just ignore it.
2465202, lol..and you'll be ignoring his bad performances...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 01:17 AM
He did look solid in some spots tonight...  Upshaw gave him
the business a couple of times tonight, and Nance Jr. got a
solid block on him..

but the kid is talented...

the Benoit Okafor-Kandi is in jest... (thought that was pretty
obvious...and pretty funny if I might add)  

But he's talented and considering the joke of a strategy the
Sixers have employed to "build" their team...and the
bad injury luck they've had...Okafor is going to be a turning
point for them, because they've now amassed a whopping 2
quality players on there roster after all the analytical
flopping...lol.

but I did see him get beaten to the boards a lot in the parts
of the Utah game I saw by Cooley and Motem a couple of
times.....and 40%  from the field isn't the Moses Malone type
of hype you put on him before the draft...

but I'm not saying the kid is terrible..

I mean he's 19 for goodness sakes...... lighten up frank..

the kid's good...I'll say it..

but he's a little slow footed from what I see, and I'm most
certainly not the only person who says that...
2465208, He better than Russell. That's already obvious
Posted by bshelly, Sun Jul-12-15 07:59 AM

2465217, I gotta be honest.. I wasn't in love w/ the Lakers taking Russell
Posted by LegacyNS, Sun Jul-12-15 09:25 AM
over Okafor but I know what they're thinking. I just see
Steph, Westbrook, Lillard, Paul, Wall, Kyrie, etc and I'm just
not sure.. He's gotta be a top 5 at minimum (honestly top 3)
for me to take him over Okafor which too me was a less risky
pick.
<---- 5....

2465218, Lulz
Posted by guru0509, Sun Jul-12-15 09:35 AM
Edit,  whatever helps you cope with that Embiid news...

2465268, worry about your guy being the best PG in this class
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-12-15 01:07 PM
you moving way too fast, football-schooler. i know you know
used to having skin in the game, but russell ain't the one to
be chest-beating over. oden was that guy, but shit ain't work
out. i was as hurt by that as anyone, cause i still say he was
gon be better than durant. 

2465404, LMAO
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-12-15 09:26 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w

And I agree with you - but this whole chest beating shit on
this board is straight up from the video above.
2465430, place was already a shitshow before me
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-13-15 05:39 AM

2465417, RE: worry about your guy being the best PG in this class
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jul-13-15 12:22 AM
>you moving way too fast, football-schooler. 

8 first rounders since 2004. not bad for a football school.

& moving too fast? I've been repping here since day 1 
whether it was michael redd, michael conley or even the busts
like daequan cook and bj mullens.

stop acting brand new. or keep on. idc.

if i wanted to talk shit about Duke, I'd do it to Longo. 

>i know you know
>used to having skin in the game,

what? 

>but russell ain't the one to
>be chest-beating over.

actually he is....im sorry Tyus is average at best. Like you
said, I'm sure you have more on the way.

your eval game is spotty as anyone elses. you lose on the
majority, but crow about the few wins you do have. rinse x
repeat.

>oden was that guy, but shit ain't work
>out. 

good thing his teammate did work out...i was talking him up,
when all supposed NBA "experts" on here were
sleeping in the PG Warz discussions.

>i was as hurt by that as anyone, 

dont really care. but good for you.
2465428, Tyus is one PG, we got at least 4 in the pipeline
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-13-15 04:03 AM
No one's sweating Russell
2465498, that's great man. I'm sure you'll remind us w/ a post for every commit.
Posted by guru0509, Mon Jul-13-15 12:17 PM
and im sure theyre all gonna be hall of famers and 20x all
stars with patches galore.

2465786, and i'm sure your guys will be "solid"
Posted by Basaglia, Tue Jul-14-15 06:16 AM

2465295, bwahahahahahaha...man quit...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 01:54 PM
my daughter's taking a nap and I don't want to wake her up
with the boisterous laughter that comment caused.....

what is really obvious is how desperate Sixer fans are.  This
"process" that's been pushed off on y'all is just a
cover up for incompetence and the fact that the Sixers cannot
attract any free agents of note...

but back to Okafor-kandi....  if you've actually watched the
pre-season...he looks slow..he's gotten outworked on the
boards by much lesser players and not being a real forceful
finisher is going to be a problem with the back free throw
shooting..

folks had him being the next shaq or moses....there is no way
either of those guys would have been shooting 40% from the
field in the summer league against this level of
competition.... No way.

He'll be decent, but without any other real scorers or
shooters on the Sixers, he's gonna have it pretty tough..

DeAngelo Russell is a guy who is going to lead and facilitate
a winning, and exciting brand of basketball to the Lakers.   A
guy being that good a passer and a knock down shooter hasn't
happened in a while....

stay tuned.  
2465299, man i woke the fucking HOOD up with my laughter at that pot-kettle BS
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 02:09 PM
>what is really obvious is how desperate Sixer fans are. 
This
>"process" that's been pushed off on y'all is
just a cover up
>for incompetence and the fact that the Sixers cannot
attract
>any free agents of note...

Free agency is a horrible way to build a team. Who other than
Miami has had any success doing it that way? Don't give me
shit about Shaq because that was pre-salary cap anyway.

And it's especially laughable since Philly has not even tried
that avenue, they have literally zero interest in it. Yet here
you are criticizing Houston (Howard signing) and them in the
same breath damn near. Even more laughable is this whole
"HAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T SIGN FREE AGENTS" schtick when
the Lakers are wining and dining every guy on the market and
only to have Melo, Aldridge, et al spray fart in Mitch
Kupchak's prime rib and stick him with the bill for their
valet parking. The Lakers are TRYING AND FAILING to sign FAs.
Philly is not even dabbling in that market and why should
they? Let's say we pursued Melo or Aldridge, guys in their
late 20s who have not won as centerpieces. That would be the
definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and
expecting a different result. We don't want to be
"OK" anymore, we were "OK" for a long time
and it was just a tease. If you look at it, take away the
outright financial move of signing Kobe to dupe the fans for a
bit, the Lakers are taking a similar approach. Building
through the draft and some shrewd trades, they just have a bit
different business model regarding the latter and a little
less aggressive mindset.

>but back to Okafor-kandi....  if you've actually watched
the
>pre-season...he looks slow..he's gotten outworked on the
>boards by much lesser players and not being a real
forceful
>finisher is going to be a problem with the back free throw
>shooting..

This is not the "preseason." This is the
pre-pre-season. It's not even foreplay, it's heavy petting on
the dance floor. I don't know about you but I can still play
real basketball and my penis actually works, so I don't spend
my summer on such irrelevant things. You are telling me that a
19-year-old 7-footer is not a finished product. I didn't need
to waste hours of my life to figure that out. He will be a
better pro than Russell, quote me on that, though Russell will
have a stronger immediate impact IMO. Okafor has a lot of
tools and you're just going out of your way to sell him short.
No one, least of all me, claimed he was Shaq or Moses. You are
just making this shit up. I think his potential is closer to
like Marc Gasol than those guys, and I'd be very happy with
that.

>He'll be decent, but without any other real scorers or
>shooters on the Sixers, he's gonna have it pretty tough..

Again I think the first two seasons will have some growing
pains for him but that's normal and yes the personnel may
exacerbate that. But not as much as you seem to think, he will
have a healthy Wroten this year, Stauskas will get some tick
and overall the Sixers have a vaguely professional roster, at
least more so than last year.

>DeAngelo Russell is a guy who is going to lead and
facilitate
>a winning, and exciting brand of basketball to the Lakers.
  A
>guy being that good a passer and a knock down shooter
hasn't
>happened in a while....
>
>stay tuned.  

We'll see how his shooting translates to the pros and no
summer league against of other not ready for prime time
players won't tell us. As a playmaker and an athlete I still
think Mudiay has more going for him.
2465326, we not in the same boat....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 03:19 PM
>>what is really obvious is how desperate Sixer fans
are. 
>This
>>"process" that's been pushed off on y'all is
just a cover up
>>for incompetence and the fact that the Sixers cannot
attract
>>any free agents of note...
>
>Free agency is a horrible way to build a team. Who other
than
>Miami has had any success doing it that way? Don't give me
>shit about Shaq because that was pre-salary cap anyway.

yeah, free agency is a horrible way to build a team from the
perspective of a team that doesn't get any free agents signed.
 I'm not talking about big names.  You get those
infrequently...but I'm talking about affordable signees who
can play and contribute to your team making the playoffs. 
Getting players to fit a profile or a program..that is if you
have a program or a profile. 

>
>And it's especially laughable since Philly has not even
tried
>that avenue, they have literally zero interest in it. Yet
here
>you are criticizing Houston (Howard signing) and them in
the
>same breath damn near. 

uh...ain't nobody talking about Houston..you brining them
up....

the Rockets put a plan together to get players that will help
them make the playoffs...and that's what they did.  I will say
I appreciate them cutting Tarik Black so they could sign Josh
Smith.  

n more laughable is this whole
>"HAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T SIGN FREE AGENTS" schtick
when the Lakers
>are wining and dining every guy on the market and only to
have
>Melo, Aldridge, et al spray fart in Mitch Kupchak's prime
rib
>and stick him with the bill for their valet parking. The
>Lakers are TRYING AND FAILING to sign FAs. Philly is not
even
>dabbling in that market and why should they? Let's say we
>pursued Melo or Aldridge, guys in their late 20s who have
not
>won as centerpieces. That would be the definition of
insanity,
>trying the same thing over and expecting a different
result.
>We don't want to be "OK" anymore, we were
"OK" for a long time
>and it was just a tease. If you look at it, take away the
>outright financial move of signing Kobe to dupe the fans
for a
>bit, the Lakers are taking a similar approach. Building
>through the draft and some shrewd trades, they just have a
bit
>different business model regarding the latter and a little
>less aggressive mindset.

We pursue big name free agents because we can.  Because they
have an interest.  But I'll take the Bass signing....I'll take
the Lou Williams signing...I'll take signing Upshaw
undrafted....I'll take getting Tarik Black off of
waivers....I'll even take signing Jabari Brown and Dwight
Buycks....  Nick Young's signing wasn't bad, because either
he'll contribute or he has some trade value....  signing guys
that didn't lock us in like hill, davis, wes, price helped us
easily upgrade and replace them in 1 offseason

but lets talk about Melo and Dwight...

Are the Lakers better off right today with or without Carmelo
locked in to a long term contract??

Are the Lakers better of right today either having Dwight
Howard locked in to a max deal for years to come, OR having
Roy Hibbert being in the last year of his contract right
today???

as much as people tried to clown the Lakers for missing out on
those guys, in both cases right today they are better off if
they had signed either one.  

That's what I'm saying...

We're not in the same boat...

We're in the room with the top free agents, and when we don't
get them..we still end up in an advantageous spot moving
forward...

THAT is what you call a strategy...and a process....

>
>>but back to Okafor-kandi....  if you've actually
watched the
>>pre-season...he looks slow..he's gotten outworked on
the
>>boards by much lesser players and not being a real
forceful
>>finisher is going to be a problem with the back free
throw
>>shooting..
>
>This is not the "preseason." This is the
pre-pre-season. It's
>not even foreplay, it's heavy petting on the dance floor.
I
>don't know about you but I can still play real basketball
and
>my penis actually works, so I don't spend my summer on
such
>irrelevant things. You are telling me that a 19-year-old
>7-footer is not a finished product. I didn't need to waste
>hours of my life to figure that out. He will be a better
pro
>than Russell, quote me on that, though Russell will have a
>stronger immediate impact IMO. Okafor has a lot of tools
and
>you're just going out of your way to sell him short. No
one,
>least of all me, claimed he was Shaq or Moses. You are
just
>making this shit up. I think his potential is closer to
>Marc Gasol than those guys, and I'd be very happy with
that.
>

You need to tell B. Shelly and Frank that shit...lol.  That
was more directed at them...

Frank made claims about Okafor that basically said he was
going to do things coming in that only Moses and Shaq did. 
That debate between he and I is still around here somewhere. 
And B just said that after 2 summer league games it's
"obvious" Okafor is better than Russell...

so like I said, go talk to ya boys ...

2465420, RE: we not in the same boat....
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jul-13-15 01:08 AM
>yeah, free agency is a horrible way to build a team from
the
>perspective of a team that doesn't get any free agents
signed.
> I'm not talking about big names.  You get those
>infrequently...but I'm talking about affordable signees
who
>can play and contribute to your team making the playoffs. 
>Getting players to fit a profile or a program..that is if
you
>have a program or a profile. 

Hmmm, shifting the goal posts to cyse Lou Williams, eh? LOL,
we could get those guys if we wanted them but all they would
do is bog down our ability to make deals like we made with Sac
and Houston. Also we got Landry and Thompson, at least for
now, who are warm body veteran types. Those guys will come
when they are needed, which will be soon.

>
>
>
>the Rockets put a plan together to get players that will
help
>them make the playoffs...and that's what they did.  I will
say
>I appreciate them cutting Tarik Black so they could sign
Josh
>Smith.  
>

>
>We pursue big name free agents because we can.  Because
they
>have an interest.  

LOL, interest! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Hang on,
be back in 15 minutes, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...

Philly was getting guys with "interest," too, guys
like Josh Smith who were using us for leverage and guys like
Elton Brand who actually signed (results aside, he was the top
FA on the market that summer). What did that get us? Nothing!
These guys who visited the Lakers never had any intention of
signing there, they were just taking visits to make sure they
got what they wanted from the franchise they actually wanted
to play for. I know you're new to this, the Lakers being an
iffy organization is a new thing. You will soon find out
exactly what it's like.

But I'll take the Bass signing....I'll take
>the Lou Williams signing...I'll take signing Upshaw
>undrafted....I'll take getting Tarik Black off of
>waivers....I'll even take signing Jabari Brown and Dwight
>Buycks....  Nick Young's signing wasn't bad, because
either
>he'll contribute or he has some trade value....  signing
guys
>that didn't lock us in like hill, davis, wes, price helped
us
>easily upgrade and replace them in 1 offseason

So? We got Wroten and Stauskas and a bunch of guys like that,
too, plus guys at the top of the draft. Like I said the two
teams are not going about it in a way that's entirely
different, just ones that are shaped to fit their overall
situation.

>but lets talk about Melo and Dwight...
>
>Are the Lakers better off right today with or without
Carmelo
>locked in to a long term contract??

Possibly but that same logic applies to EVERY OTHER TEAM. I
was not the one trying to cast stones about FAs not signing or
not pursuing FAs. I am the one saying open-market players are
almost always damaged goods, and certainly ones that would
sign with teams like the Lakers and Sixers are. Way to defeat
your own foolish argument.

>Are the Lakers better of right today either having Dwight
>Howard locked in to a max deal for years to come, OR
having
>Roy Hibbert being in the last year of his contract right
>today???

Uh, actually I would MUCH rather have Howard for the next
three seasons than have Hibbert for one year. That was kind of
a dumbass question. Howard still plays at a very high level,
higher than Hibbert did even when he was respectable. There's
no undoing the Howard L, that whole fiasco set the franchise
back and made it deal from a position of weakness.

>as much as people tried to clown the Lakers for missing
out on
>those guys, in both cases right today they are better off
if
>they had signed either one.  
>
>That's what I'm saying...
>
>We're not in the same boat...
>
>We're in the room with the top free agents, and when we
don't
>get them..we still end up in an advantageous spot moving
>forward...
>
>THAT is what you call a strategy...and a process....

In your increasingly senile mind, it may be. Making futile
pitches of huge money to guys who apparently wouldn't even
help you win is a strategy, huh? And a team that knows they
won't sign them and can't use them should be copying it?
Intriguing, tell me more about the Church of Scientology. 

So far you mentioned Melo (hurt his knee), Howard (departed to
make another team a contender, leave the Lakers in shambles)
and surprisingly *not* Aldridge, who just made the Spurs
favorites to win the title. Hmmmm. I'd say the Lakers could
have used these guys. Philly, too, in a way, but not really
because they are building from square one. The Lakers have
used a hybrid strategy, but not really by choice. They went
all in on a big move that didn't work out at all and they have
been reeling ever since. Now who lacks a strategy?

>>
>>>but back to Okafor-kandi....  if you've actually
watched
>the
>>>pre-season...he looks slow..he's gotten outworked
on the
>>>boards by much lesser players and not being a real
forceful
>>>finisher is going to be a problem with the back
free throw
>>>shooting..
>>

>
>You need to tell B. Shelly and Frank that shit...lol. 
That
>was more directed at them...

Yeah I mentioned it to Frank lmao. HOT FUN IN THE SUM-MA-TIME
(c) Sly Stone n them.

>Frank made claims about Okafor that basically said he was
>going to do things coming in that only Moses and Shaq did.

>That debate between he and I is still around here
somewhere. 
>And B just said that after 2 summer league games it's
>"obvious" Okafor is better than Russell...
>
>so like I said, go talk to ya boys ...

I mean this Dukie allegiance is a tenuous thing but we will
try it out. We might get another one next year, too. I think
they are a little gassed off Okafor, but yes I think he can be
a top five center in the league for many years.
2465402, Lol
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun Jul-12-15 09:05 PM
Best part is you making that statement nearly makes certain
that it isn't true  
2465403, again....worry about him being the best PG in this class
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-12-15 09:08 PM

2465415, I'll worry about the Lakers and leave the agenda nonsense to you
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-13-15 12:16 AM
I think Okafor is gonna be a very good player, great skill
set...but making definitive comparisons off summer league
games is asinine...especially when Russell has also shown an
excellent feel for the game and his vision plus timing is so
clearly second to none. 
2465427, Nah, you stepped in it now, dogg
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-13-15 04:00 AM
And again, worry about your guy proving he's the best PG.
2465447, Not really, I hope both are great players
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-13-15 09:17 AM
And both have the uniqueness of skill-sets to be just that, in
their own right. I was commenting solely on a person somehow
making definitive judgements off SL games, particularly when
player B (D'Angelo) has also shown a consistent level of
unique talent. 
2465464, Hey, man, all I'm saying if there's a good chance he ain't the best PG
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Jul-13-15 10:58 AM

2465259, Joke?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 12:44 PM
In three seasons we will have had the ROY (MCW), the runner-up
that frankly should have won (Noel) and we may have the ROY
this year in Okafor or at least a first-team all-rookie
selection. We also got McDaniels as a great value in the
second round. I don't think anyone could make the argument
they have not drafted well. Saric and Embiid are TBD, and even
with two picks that high-profile remaining in question, their
young guys have had considerable success. We also got at least
one very good prospect in the second round this year and are
stacked with lotto picks for the next couple seasons.

Obviously MCW is gone but we got another lotto pick for him
(which Milwaukee evidently wanted for him over the summer,
too, but to no avail). So I think excluding him is dubious. 

And, of course, I will point out that the Lakers who are
*trying* to win have sucked just as much in the past two
seasons, so you can kind STFU with your hating ass now.
2465401, Has the Rookie of the year ever been traded during the
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 08:54 PM
following season??

2465206, well thats not exactly true
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-12-15 06:34 AM
>Jah, like all rookies, is having an up-and-down summer
>league. 
2465219, Replace "all" with "historically the majority of." Better?
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jul-12-15 09:43 AM
The point still remains. Anyone condemning KAT or Jah for
their weaker summer league games is... well, "dumb"
is a harsh word, so find a word that means the same thing as
"dumb," but is less harsh.
2465225, only a little. still blurs the fact that some guys have excelled.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-12-15 10:32 AM
Especially Johnson, Harris, Kaminsky, and Turner

So to say hes up and down like all rookies is disingenuous. 
Theres a handful of guys who have only been up.
2465303, I'd say 3 or 4 of an entire rookie class is a very small minority...
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jul-12-15 02:12 PM
... but fine. You still take my point. The ones who are only
up are the overwhelming exception. That's what I was saying.

I got in trouble for something similar in a convo with some
ACC people this weekend. We were talking about Bennett's
chances of winning a national title this year. I think it'd
take a series of unlikely circumstances, so I said
"none." They all got hung up, saying he has
basically no chance, but he still *technically* has a chance,
that "anything can happen," "weirder things
have happened," etc., so they insisted I was 100% wrong
based on word choice. They understood my point, they just got
hung up on my predilection for mild hyperbole-- saying
"no chance" when I mean "I wouldn't bet on it
under any circumstances." Same for this: if you asked me
to get on a player dominating in every summer league, I'd
never do it-- unless it's the next Lebron. Hence why I said
all. Mild hyperbole. Not to undersell any of the very few who
didn't struggle in any games or to be disingenuous. It's just
a hell of a lot easier to be sweeping. Especially when OKPing
from my phone like I've been doing this week lol.

Also, who is Harris?
2465319, derp...Joe Young. been doing that a lot for some reason
Posted by cgonz00cc, Sun Jul-12-15 03:00 PM
And it probably only seemed disingenuous at first because you
were talkimg abouy Okafor
2465228, we have a star
Posted by bshelly, Sun Jul-12-15 10:40 AM

2465229, Basically...lol
Posted by gmltheone, Sun Jul-12-15 11:19 AM
Same as it ever was!
2465269, he gets to 70% and that's 25ppg for a decade...easy
Posted by Basaglia, Sun Jul-12-15 01:09 PM

2465296, I'll take 20 and 12, I will be thrilled with that
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 01:57 PM
My number one thing is that I want him to be able to stay
healthy in terms of games and minutes played. Everything else
will work itself out. We can find a way to utilize a
traditional big in a decreasingly traditional NBA, especially
a guy with his feet and finishing ability. I think he will be
up and down for the first couple of years but as long as he
can stay healthy, he will be a very good player for a long
time.
2465200, Seth Curry looking like Steph against Summer League competition.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sun Jul-12-15 01:04 AM
I'd be surprised if he's not on a roster opening day.
2465254, yeah during the playoffs i was thinking a team would take a flyer
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jul-12-15 12:38 PM
and it sounds like he is making that an easy decision.

(i say "sounds like" because i still think you guys are fucking crazy for watching summer league action so consistently).
2465301, UCLA summer league check in...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 02:10 PM
B.B.B...

Bruins....Be...Ballin...

Jordan Adams 16ppg....+ 13.25 PIE

Kyle Anderson 16ppg.....Pie +17

Kevon Looney (1 game) 5ppg .... +7 PIE

Norman Powell - 20ppg..... +13 PIE

Zach Lavine - 22ppg .... 14.50 Pie

Larry Drew III-- 10ppg ..... +10 PIE

plus David and Travis Wear, as well as Lazeric Jones are contributing..

2465405, LazEric Jones lol wow
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Sun Jul-12-15 09:29 PM
2465407, I thought Malcolm Lee was going to stick...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-12-15 09:32 PM
he played well for a couple different teams.
2465726, Lakers / Knicks.. I'm alll in!
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-13-15 07:55 PM
2465728, RE: Lakers / Knicks.. I'm alll in!
Posted by clayinhishands, Mon Jul-13-15 07:58 PM
The Latvian mamba is looking good so far against these Laker rookies
--------------------------------------
KNICKS BLOG: The Knicks are Like an Abusive Boyfriend
http://bkknicksfan.tumblr.com

"God's commands are only as hard to obey as his promises are to believe."
2465732, Dat Zingis!
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-13-15 08:01 PM
>The Latvian mamba is looking good so far against these Laker
>rookies
>--------------------------------------
>KNICKS BLOG: The Knicks are Like an Abusive Boyfriend
>http://bkknicksfan.tumblr.com
>
>"God's commands are only as hard to obey as his promises are
>to believe."
2465743, Zingis is like a real life MyPlayer
Posted by MothershipConnection, Mon Jul-13-15 08:34 PM
Dude is probably deciding whether to hit circle or square in post game interviews.
2465856, liking what I'm seeing
Posted by ThaAnthology, Tue Jul-14-15 11:57 AM
hustle and hard play. Good stuff!
2465734, Fish got these boys playing hard as hell.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-13-15 08:06 PM
2465735, Lakers got 5 points in the quarter. 5
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-13-15 08:09 PM
Fans booing, lol.
2465739, Some good looks, can't hit anything
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-13-15 08:15 PM
Otherwise, way too sloppy/careless and pressing a little too much (esp Randle and Russ)
2465740, Anytime I get too down or too hyped on this
Posted by Ryan M, Mon Jul-13-15 08:17 PM
I remember Michael Beasely was amazing in Summer League and Rose was garbage.

Fingers crossed the D'Lo is the guy we all want him to be.
2465742, Yea, He's a little too loose with that rock right now.
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-13-15 08:27 PM
They'll fix that
2465748, SL is about seeing skill sets and acclimation to the game
Posted by LA2Philly, Mon Jul-13-15 08:50 PM
Russ's turnovers are because he's playing a bit too quick but he will get used to the speed and length of the game as well as understanding risk/reward at this level. Randle is also pressing but he's putting himself into good positions with good looks, just not able to convert.
2465773, Man, it's so obvious that us Laker fans are NOT used to being in this
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Jul-14-15 12:37 AM
position...along with the fact that most of us never even watched Summer League games until recently.

People are truly panicking!!! Already crying about how he's a bust, and how we shoulda picked Okafor. Not after two seasons, not after two regular season games, but after three damn summer league games and a scrimmage!!!!

Waaaaay too early to trip. Summer League is even more deceiving than college, when it comes to seeing some players dominate.
2465788, Way too early for all that crazy talk
Posted by Beezo, Tue Jul-14-15 07:07 AM
>position...along with the fact that most of us never even
>watched Summer League games until recently.
>
>People are truly panicking!!! Already crying about how he's a
>bust, and how we shoulda picked Okafor. Not after two seasons,
>not after two regular season games, but after three damn
>summer league games and a scrimmage!!!!
>
>Waaaaay too early to trip. Summer League is even more
>deceiving than college, when it comes to seeing some players
>dominate.
2465849, Man, I just read this nonsense on a Laker fan site:
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Jul-14-15 11:42 AM
"How many of you would trade Russell and Randle for Cousins now? Sacto would laugh in our face.

Sorry but both these guys major dissapointments. I now it summer league and their young, yada, yada , yada. Funny didn't seem to bother that stiff Kirk and Grant was the most impressive guard on the floor.

Sure I like Randle a lot but after all this hype on how well he was playing you have to admit he has been a major disappointment thus far."
2465804, Beige Messiah gonna have a good game and the hype train will return
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Jul-14-15 09:28 AM
in actual NBA season.

ditto for Randle.
2465807, It's hilarious watching Laker fans suddenly realizing these things
Posted by Marauder21, Tue Jul-14-15 09:40 AM
that other fans have known/dealt with for a long time.
2465808, That's not exclusive to Laker fans
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Jul-14-15 09:44 AM
The age we live in, the majority of people are day to day reactionary, regardless of whether they actually understand the subject at hand or not.
2465812, ^^^ precisely why I never sweat Summer League.
Posted by Frank Longo, Tue Jul-14-15 09:59 AM
I tweeted the other day the chart of those who've had the most impressive Summer Leagues, statistically, over the last decade. *Maybe* half of them ended up being good in the NBA, only two or three were All-Stars. Most of them became journeymen or washouts.

There is *almost* nothing to learn from Summer League. It's fun, mostly to watch players fight for a job, and to see if second/third years guys look ready to make a leap. But in terms of learning how good or how bad an NBA player will be? The carryover is inconsistent, to put it nicely.
2465855, Exactly. What I'm looking for are transferable skill sets
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Jul-14-15 11:56 AM
How does the player read the game, awareness, etc
2465832, Damn, this could be the case. I read some Facebook posts last night
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Tue Jul-14-15 10:59 AM
and one said some shit like "We don't have time to wait for this kid to develop, we need to win NOW! He has to go against all the top guards in the West!"

I was just like yoooooooooooo, chill!!!!!!!!!
2465859, fuck it im worried
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Jul-14-15 12:02 PM
i've never been sold on randle

but russell...i expected better man.
2465963, Great PGs dont exist in a vacuum either...
Posted by ODotSoHot, Wed Jul-15-15 12:41 AM
They need to know where cutters are gonna be...they need bigs to set solid picks and roll hard to the basket...they need good spacing to penetrate...they need players who can finish, etc. None of that shit is happening in Summer League. They're glorified pickup games. No semblance of an offense being run. Everybody is trying to iso and prove that they belong on a team. I think How Does It Feel looks way better after a full training camp and with some real NBA players around him.
2465965, Yep exactly, everybody's acting like it's HS tryouts
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Jul-15-15 12:56 AM
"Let me show how much I can score" is the only mentality half the team has. He doesn't have that motivation since he knows he's gonna be on the team regardless.
2465760, WCS with a nice little game
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-13-15 09:33 PM
2465805, if he plays alongside big cuzz.suck a fkng upgrade from j thompson
Posted by LAbeathustla, Tue Jul-14-15 09:35 AM
not even unny....he gon beast..
2465818, Sounds like you might wanna take that leap to the Sactown Startup
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Tue Jul-14-15 10:29 AM
Houston not treating you right?

Still hate McHale?

Come on over. We can't offer much in immediate compensation or facilities, but if you get in on the ground level, enjoy working hard and for yourself, and being your own agenda entrepeneur come on down.

2465789, Looking at these KAT vs Trey highlights with big a grin.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Tue Jul-14-15 07:44 AM
We gonna be on one for a while.
2465891, Stupid Summer League Question
Posted by RexLongfellow, Tue Jul-14-15 01:49 PM
Anyone that doesn't stick on a roster is a UFA...correct?

(Seth ballin'...hopefully NO forgets to give him a contract so he can get picked up on the cheap)
2465964, A different team can offer him a deal NOW
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jul-15-15 12:55 AM
happened with Willie Reed from Miami's team at the end of Orlando. Brooklyn signed him and now hes playing for them in Vegas.
2465924, my dogg mcbucks ouchair looking like #summerleaguebird
Posted by dula dibiasi, Tue Jul-14-15 04:57 PM
CYSE
2465987, Dula...what you think about Boatright?
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Jul-15-15 08:30 AM
Cats at the gym been talking him up since he's a local kid. All I've seen is undersized gunner but I'm sure he can help a team. I mean, couldn't hurt to have him on the Bulls as depth.

He did pretty well against us yesterday too.
2466139, seriously doubt he's an nba player.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Wed Jul-15-15 01:40 PM
but sure, as a 15th man, why not?
2465927, Jahlil doing work...
Posted by gmltheone, Tue Jul-14-15 05:31 PM
Against a non existent Knicks frontcourt he should be. Even with shitty guard play.
Same as it ever was!
2465967, Dat Zingis punched his shit 3x lolllll
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jul-15-15 01:54 AM
2465971, RE: Dat Zingis punched his shit 3x lolllll
Posted by murph71, Wed Jul-15-15 05:24 AM
If Im a Knicks fan I would be optimistic at least with Dat Zingis....That kid can play. And he doesnt play soft. The Knicks got one....
2465973, better than 8 times.
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Jul-15-15 06:15 AM
2466017, Evan Turner fans know about blocked shots....
Posted by gmltheone, Wed Jul-15-15 10:00 AM
>

Same as it ever was!
2466035, ooooooooooh BURN!!!!!!!
Posted by guru0509, Wed Jul-15-15 10:58 AM
2466095, 6'7 bol from Senegal put that shit back into his face too
Posted by southphillyman, Wed Jul-15-15 12:01 PM
1st SL game of his I saw but I heard he been gobbling them balls up in all his SL games thus far
2466162, MAURICE ENDOUR
Posted by ThaAnthology, Wed Jul-15-15 03:51 PM
REMEMBER THAT NAME.
2466170, ndour too.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Wed Jul-15-15 04:06 PM
>REMEMBER THAT NAME.
2466025, him or Mudiay only viable choices as summer league mvp
Posted by bshelly, Wed Jul-15-15 10:43 AM
2466069, Depends...
Posted by gmltheone, Wed Jul-15-15 11:41 AM
>
Yesterday's narrative flipped overnight. Zingis had a couple blocks and hit a shot from 22 feet. So they played to a draw. I guess.

Same as it ever was!
2466102, Narrative is fun. Facts are better.
Posted by bshelly, Wed Jul-15-15 12:10 PM
2466123, expectations tho
Posted by southphillyman, Wed Jul-15-15 01:05 PM
>>
>. Zingis had a couple
>blocks and hit a shot from 22 feet. So they played to a draw.
> I guess.

okafor been pretty much doing what every one said he'd be doing. it's weird cause he's young too but ppl act like he is what he is right today, even rationalizing that noel will compensate for his rebounding/defensive deficiencies over the long term instead of expecting that to improve

zingis on the other hand......he ain't been lighting it up (saw his laker game too) but he showing GLIMPSES
that's enough to get ppl excited considering the fact he's supposed to be like a 5 yr project
you have to admit that 7'3 perimeter player who ain't afraid to protect the rim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> neanderthal big man
2466138, Glimpses...
Posted by gmltheone, Wed Jul-15-15 01:34 PM
>>>
>>. Zingis had a couple
>>blocks and hit a shot from 22 feet. So they played to a
>draw.
>> I guess.
>
>okafor been pretty much doing what every one said he'd be
>doing. it's weird cause he's young too but ppl act like he is
>what he is right today, even rationalizing that noel will
>compensate for his rebounding/defensive deficiencies over the
>long term instead of expecting that to improve
>
>zingis on the other hand......he ain't been lighting it up
>(saw his laker game too) but he showing GLIMPSES
>that's enough to get ppl excited considering the fact he's
>supposed to be like a 5 yr project
>you have to admit that 7'3 perimeter player who ain't afraid
>to protect the rim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>neanderthal big man

Goes back to narrative. Why is a #4 pick a 5yr project before playing ONE game? They lowered expectations so much that he had nowhere to go but up.
Same as it ever was!
2466142, Where the fuck u been?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Jul-15-15 02:05 PM

How's the breathmint I sent?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2466166, right up there with Glen Rice Jr and Josh Selby
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Jul-15-15 04:02 PM
2466174, We gon see (c) you
Posted by bshelly, Wed Jul-15-15 04:17 PM
2466749, Kyle Anderson....... from????
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-19-15 11:16 PM
2466752, RE: Kyle Anderson....... from????
Posted by Kungset, Sun Jul-19-15 11:20 PM
<<<<<<<
2466211, Wild ass Jordan Crawford
Posted by Beezo, Wed Jul-15-15 07:55 PM
Always worth the price of admission
2466330, forgot all about vonleh......until towns took a shit in his mouth last night
Posted by southphillyman, Thu Jul-16-15 12:41 PM
damn bobcats gave up on him already huh
2466667, Seth lookin real little brotherish in this playoff game
Posted by Beezo, Sat Jul-18-15 10:14 PM
2466669, Craftwork
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jul-18-15 10:33 PM
2466670, things change
Posted by Basaglia, Sat Jul-18-15 10:45 PM
2466672, he needs to go to Europe and get his money....nm
Posted by guru0509, Sat Jul-18-15 10:57 PM
2466690, Damn..Chump caught fire in the second half.
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jul-19-15 02:04 PM
2466699, Semifinal 1: Spurs vs. Hawks
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jul-19-15 06:13 PM
Lil Becky got these boys hoopin. Slow motion Kyle Anderson lookin good
2466700, Who is this sorry fake ass Rubio for the Hawks??.
Posted by Beezo, Sun Jul-19-15 06:23 PM
He sorry. lol
2466750, UCLA... Kyle Anderson Summer League MVP...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Sun Jul-19-15 11:19 PM
Norman Powell all First team..

Larry Drew II all 2nd team..

2466770, Kyle was in his groove hopefully it can translate to the season
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-20-15 09:51 AM
Always loved that kids game. If he can get a small consistent rotation spot on the Spurs, that would be peace.
2466822, cmon, it's the spurs. you know how they do.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Mon Jul-20-15 06:44 PM
dude'll be throwing up a nightly 15-8-4 or some shit in 2 years.
2466838, Drew feasted passing the ball to Seth over and over.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jul-20-15 08:33 PM
Seth couldn't miss. He'll be in an NBA uniform opening day.
2466775, Devin been hooping the last few games.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Jul-20-15 10:49 AM
The Kentucky Suns are fun to watch. Golden Archie doing him. And Jorts getting it in. Hopefully he gets a camp invite.

Also hoping DeAndre gets an invite in Sactown.
2466820, Spurs vs. Suns for that title tonight
Posted by Beezo, Mon Jul-20-15 06:36 PM
2466839, Glad to see some of the names on those All-Summer League teams.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Jul-20-15 08:34 PM
Seth obviously, but I've cysed Vonleh and Williams heavy as well. Hope Williams can stick on a roster, he's a rebound machine... and Vonleh, it's only a matter of time. Give him another year or two.
2481901, ^^^^^^^^^^^stan
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue Oct-06-15 08:48 PM