Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectam I the only Lakers fan not terribly bothered by missing out on these guys?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2462096&mesg_id=2462228
2462228, am I the only Lakers fan not terribly bothered by missing out on these guys?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-02-15 11:07 AM
For starters, I'm on record saying I wasn't thrilled with this crop for various reasons so anyone saying I'm trying to spin this is buggin.

The only guy I really wanted was Butler, but that always hinged on the long shot of an extremely creative poison pill type deal.

After that, I saw Aldridge and Love as guys who could keep pressure off the kids as they develop. DJ too, to a lesser extent. Those three can help draw free agents next year. Problem is, After Durant? Not exactly a great FA class.

After that? Look, I've come around on Tobias and I'm willing to overpay him a bit because he's a 3D guy who is still young enough that he can grow with this crop.

Sign him, try to keep Hill for another year, and hope Bean gets injured early enough that the kids can play without the old man barking at them. We are what we are and I'd rather watch the kids develop.