Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Did I say it wouldnt happen?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2459781&mesg_id=2460455
2460455, RE: Did I say it wouldnt happen?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:23 AM
>Ill take my L there if i did But i thought I was saying it
>SHOULDNT happen. I still think the lakers shouldve taken
>Jahlil there.

I dunno I will have to look at the thread. I remember the spirit of the exchange more than the details.

I am torn as to what they should have done as I think both guys are very good prospects but I am not feeling *huge* star for either. You want to go big all things and all needs being equal, but obviously they saw something in Russell. I don't think there was a consensus No. 2 pick. Personally I would have taken Okafor, if nothing else I feel like he is the better asset. Philly once again gets a No. 1 caliber pick below No. 1.

>I do think Clarkson and Russell can play together, and think
>Russell may be the more natural 2 of the two. Either way that
>can be fluid and they can switch off. Clarkson is the better
>defener and rebounder, but I was talking to LA@philly the
>other day-- he showed a real maturity in his game as a pg that
>a lot of rookie pgs do not - usage or no usage.

Yeah I don't see any issue with them as a combo backcourt, they have the right size and mix of attributes to pull it off. I am not sold on Clarkson as any kind of star but he can be a starter (I don't think he is yet, he just plays on a *really* bad roster).

>You and I will be friends real soon because my guess is Lin
>ends up a 76er in FA.

I thought we were already friends! It came very close to happening last year. He would definitely help us the same way he helped the Lakers last year, give us an actual pro, a good practice player, a mature guy in the room and, on some nights, some hot play. I don't know that the Sixers will bother getting guys like that though, they appear to be in full-on tank mode still.