Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject2015 NBA draft...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2459781
2459781, 2015 NBA draft...
Posted by CyrenYoung, Thu Jun-25-15 08:43 AM
..let's get it.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...
2459786, LAKERS!
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 08:54 AM
All this talk about Boogie has me geekin. I'd hate for my squad to give up Randle, Clarkson, and that 2nd pick for him. Fuggit though especially if LaMarcus done sent word through back channels that he wants to join Boogie in LA.

Would be nice if the squad could give up Randle, Clarkson, and that 20-something pick for Boogie. Keep the 2nd pick and draft Russell to partner with Boogster and Sir Nose for the future.

And if that trade don't go down, I still want Russell instead of Okafor.
2459790, DAT CLOAK
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 09:13 AM
give em whatever they want for boogie.
2459800, Preferrably not that 2nd pick but I understand you...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 09:34 AM
2459801, Please God, don't let my guy end up in Sacramento.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:38 AM
A worse fate than death.
2459896, us => http://www.lady-faire.com/thumbnails/cloak-purple10-tn.jpg
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 12:59 PM
http://www.lady-faire.com/thumbnails/cloak-purple10-tn.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2459813, I know they'll have a lot of cap space, but can they actually afford
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 10:06 AM
Boogie and Aldridge?
2459819, If we offload Young and Kelly, I believe so
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 10:22 AM
2459820, LOL
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 10:24 AM
>All this talk about Boogie has me geekin. I'd hate for my
>squad to give up Randle, Clarkson, and that 2nd pick for him.
>Fuggit though especially if LaMarcus done sent word through
>back channels that he wants to join Boogie in LA.
>
>Would be nice if the squad could give up Randle, Clarkson, and
>that 20-something pick for Boogie. Keep the 2nd pick and draft
>Russell to partner with Boogster and Sir Nose for the future.
>
>And if that trade don't go down, I still want Russell instead
>of Okafor.

You want to give up #27, Randle, and Clarkson for Boogie? That's all you want to give up. For 24 yr old all-star big on a friendly 3yr deal. Any deal for him starts with that #2 pick and you're probably going to have to eat a dead deal too.
----------------------------
Same as it ever was!
2459866, That's a lottery pick, a All Rookie combo guard, and another 1st
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 12:01 PM

>You want to give up #27, Randle, and Clarkson for Boogie?
>That's all you want to give up. For 24 yr old all-star big on
>a friendly 3yr deal. Any deal for him starts with that #2
>pick and you're probably going to have to eat a dead deal too.
>

for a temperamental "24 year old all-star big on a friendly 3yr deal."

LOL

Man, I can dream! Right?
2459824, I'd gladly give up #2, Randle, and Clarkson.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 10:37 AM
From all the reports over The last 24 hours leads me to believe this won't happen and if it does, it would require at least that much and possibly taking back Landry bloated contract.

I'm cool with hanging on to our assets and generally prefer to bide our time, but Boogie is the one guy that's available who I'd mortgage those assets for, especially since we'd still have cap space to flesh out a roster this year and enough to go after a max guy, maybe two, next year, because there's nobody available right now that I care to spend big money on.
2459834, Nahhhhhhhh. And are you even counting the #6 pick coming back here?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 11:13 AM
>From all the reports over The last 24 hours leads me to
>believe this won't happen and if it does, it would require at
>least that much and possibly taking back Landry bloated
>contract.
>
>I'm cool with hanging on to our assets and generally prefer to
>bide our time, but Boogie is the one guy that's available who
>I'd mortgage those assets for, especially since we'd still
>have cap space to flesh out a roster this year and enough to
>go after a max guy, maybe two, next year, because there's
>nobody available right now that I care to spend big money on.
>
>
2459844, Nope. I'll take a 24 year old 24/12 center on a mini max deal with three years left
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 11:28 AM
Over two completely unknown quantities and one with intriguing potential. Boogie is a beast and might well prove to be the closest thing to Shaw we'll see for a decade.

You get him and we'll a guy to make guys like Durant and Westbrook seriously consider coming over. Can you imagine how much MORE of a terror Westbrook would be with a guy like Cuz in the paint? Or Durant? Yeah, a top flight center on The Lakers of all places would be a serious draw to the great guards and wings who might be available.

I like the chances of creating another great guard/center tandem if we have Boogie and I'll happily roll the dice on that one.

they can keep the #6.
2459878, 24/12, okay
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 12:22 PM
but you're potentially giving up, and i think i'm being conservative, 20/9 and 15/7, and then Clarkson on top of that?
2459890, Yes. Potentially. I give up a few "maybes" for one big ass "absolutely" that still
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 12:47 PM
Has a considerable "maybe" that he hasn't even reached his ceiling.

Yep, I'd swap three kids with potential for a grown ass man who just entered the very beginning of his prime at a time when cap space is in abundance and will increase dramatically a year from now.

If we didn't have the financial flexibility to surround him with superstar talent so quickly, I'd be less willing to give up so much.

In terms of timing, now is the perfect time for such a bold move.
2459969, That's not being conservative at all.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 03:32 PM
20/9 players don't grow on trees, man.

15/7 is being very generous to Clarkson, too. Hell, there's only 10 players averaging 7 assists per game or more right now.
2459976, yep. what we'd definitely gain outweighs what we'd potentially gain IMO
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 03:58 PM
We know what we're getting in Cuz and it's an awful lot.

What we could be getting with the kids is also an awful lot and I love that potential.

Both paths appwar to have a solid floor with an impressive ceiling, but for me the deciding factor is the known quantity of Cuz over the unknown quantity of the kids.
2459979, the second one was Randle
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 04:08 PM
>20/9 players don't grow on trees, man.

but that's exactly my point with Okafor. his problems are on the defensive end, 20 points for him is pretty much what i expect
2459829, #2 and a player that's not Randle, great
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 11:07 AM
if they want Randle on top of the 2nd pick, they gotta give us the 6th
2459833, Man for sure
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 11:13 AM
2459841, nah they can have randle too lol
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 11:23 AM
boogie is already a beast and he's only gonna be 25 going into this season.
2459848, too much for my taste... don't wanna get took like the Knicks
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 11:35 AM
2459840, What I (think I) want right now: 1. Russell 2. Okafor 3. Nothing else
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 11:20 AM
I just don't want to make any trades, not even for Boogie. He's a good player, but I just don't feel desperate enough to get him for giving up the #2 AND Randle and/or Clarkson...that's just way too much of our young nucleus gone.

I don't care for having Lamarcus and Demarcus together, either. Them fools names rhyme, that's wild. But having them two just seems a bit redundant...I'd rather have a fast, legit guard to pair with them. So if we can just draft Russell, then sign Lamarcus, I'm happy.
2459843, RE: What I (think I) want right now: 1. Russell 2. Okafor 3. Nothing else
Posted by After_Words, Thu Jun-25-15 11:26 AM

>I don't care for having Lamarcus and Demarcus together,
>either. Them fools names rhyme, that's wild.

lol
2460460, i laughed.
Posted by guru0509, Fri Jun-26-15 12:29 AM

>
>I don't care for having Lamarcus and Demarcus together,
>either. Them fools names rhyme, that's wild.
2459861, Not sure what I want more.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 11:54 AM
1. Russell
2. Okafor
3. Boogie and #6 for #2, Randle, Clarkson
4. Boogie for #2, Randle OR Clarkson

109. Dat Zingis

Whatever, today's gonna be fun as fuck
2459867, I like option 3
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 12:01 PM
assuming they can draft Winslow there.
2459875, Winslow for what? He can't shoot or dribble...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 12:18 PM
He'd be a decent pick in later rounds. Who's really tryna teach a lottery pick to shoot and dribble?

If the Lakers took him that high, I'd be pissed and consider trading in my lifelong Lakers fandom for a ride on the GSW bus.
2459880, Winslow with the 6th pick would work
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 12:24 PM
get a strong point guard and if Aldridge signs, that's a solid lineup.
2459910, WTF, how is he a top prospect if he can't shoot or dribble?
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 01:22 PM
What can he do, catch alleyoops only???
2459929, Alley-oops and defend...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:23 PM
I read somewhere the other day that he is essentially a guy with a bunch of energy (STRENGTH) but no discernible skill (WEAKNESS). Below is a new piece where he is compared to Michale Kidd Gilchrist.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/small-giants-justise-winslow-stanley-johnson-rondae-hollis-jefferson-and-the-changing-shape-of-the-nba/

Would i like him on the squad one day? Yes. Just not now and definitely not as a lottery pick.
2459936, LMFAO
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:28 PM
>I read somewhere the other day that he is essentially a guy
>with a bunch of energy (STRENGTH) but no discernible skill
>(WEAKNESS).

Literally *no one* who watched Winslow this year can possibly think this.
2459939, RE: LMFAO
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:36 PM
The dude can turn out to be awesome. I don't believe he is a lottery player. Lottery players, especially those taken in the top half of the lottery, are the guys I believe SHOULD BE franchise players at some point. I don't see Winslow as one.
2459945, So which top 16 players are more likely to be franchise players?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:45 PM
>Lottery players, especially those taken in the
>top half of the lottery, are the guys I believe SHOULD BE
>franchise players at some point. I don't see Winslow as one.

I want to transition to the notion that every lottery player-- even every lottery player in the top 8 picks-- is supposed to be a franchise player. Because there aren't 16 players with franchise potential in *any* draft.
2459952, Rephrasing to say that only potential franchise players...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:53 PM
>>Lottery players, especially those taken in the
>>top half of the lottery, are the guys I believe SHOULD BE
>>franchise players at some point. I don't see Winslow as one.
>
>
>I want to transition to the notion that every lottery player--
>even every lottery player in the top 8 picks-- is supposed to
>be a franchise player. Because there aren't 16 players with
>franchise potential in *any* draft.

should be in taken in the top 8. At worst, a future #2 option or sidekick is to be taken in the first 8. I see Winslow being a high energy guy with a motor that doesn't stop as Kiper would say. LOL

Seriously, I see Winslow as a guy who will defend well and play excellent Draymond Green type ball. Is that worth a top 6 pick when more skilled players are "ranked" below that point?
2459957, Which players are more skilled than Winslow?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 03:03 PM
Granted, you're going nearly exclusively off of what you've read instead of seen, but I am curious as to what you're reading.

Booker and Lyles are more "skilled," but neither have the strength, athleticism, speed, defense, or height of overall ceiling of Winslow.

Some of the post-lottery guards have more "skill," but same thing as above.

Stanley Johnson and Kelly Oubre are worse shooters, worse ballhandlers, and can't finish at the cup. Also worse rebounders. Also worse defenders.

WCS can't play offense. Myles Turner can't move his hips.

I'm struggling to see who should fill out the top 8, much less the LOTTERY as you originally said, ahead of Winslow.
2459965, Considering Winslow at 6 is too high IMO...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 03:25 PM

If the Lakers could trade back and get him between 12 - 16, I'd be cool with it. At 6, if we had to stay there, I'd take a flyer on the potential of the Zingis cat since he supposedly has an all around game and can put in work down in the paint as well as on the perimeter.

I don't believe that there is a player, in the lottery, that can really help the Lakers next year outside of the consensus top 3 players: Towns, Russell, and Okafor.

2460014, Zingis won't be there at 6.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 05:57 PM
So you're naming players who won't be there to take at 6 instead of Winslow. Just so you know.
2459999, im not convinced Winslow is a better defender than Johnson
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jun-25-15 05:16 PM
2460012, Johnson has better physical skills to eventually be a great defender...
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 05:53 PM
... but I thought his fundamentals aren't as strong as some are making them out to be. Granted, it's easy to play with a little less effort when surrounded by Hollis-Jefferson, Ashley, and Tarczewski instead of Jones, Cook, and Okafor, but I thought Winslow's effort was more consistent, less likely to get lost on screens, etc.

It's nitpicky at the end of the day, because the difference in defense is minimal. The other things are why I'd draft him first.

2459953, that's arbitrary and wrong
Posted by KosherSam, Thu Jun-25-15 02:53 PM
>The dude can turn out to be awesome. I don't believe he is a
>lottery player. Lottery players, especially those taken in the
>top half of the lottery, are the guys I believe SHOULD BE
>franchise players at some point. I don't see Winslow as one.

It's different every year. Some years there's 8 top level guys, some years there's 2. A guy taken with a top pick should be someone that can help your team win, he doesn't have to be the star.
2459967, Understood...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 03:30 PM

>It's different every year. Some years there's 8 top level
>guys, some years there's 2. A guy taken with a top pick should
>be someone that can help your team win, he doesn't have to be
>the star.

Should be!

However, I believe that anyone in the lottery should become the best or second best player on a team within a few years of being drafted. I don't see Winslow in that way. Can he be a really good player? Yes! Is he going to be the best or second best player on a team? No! For that reason alone, I can't see and wouldn't like my beloved Lakers taking him at #6.

2460013, ... but you admitted you didn't really watch him play!
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 05:54 PM
I don't see Winslow in that way. Can he be a
>really good player? Yes! Is he going to be the best or second
>best player on a team? No! For that reason alone, I can't see
>and wouldn't like my beloved Lakers taking him at #6.

Your "alone" reason is based on barely watching him at all! You're basing it on reasons that are patently false. Which is your right, mind you, but it should be stated for the record.

He is *easily* good enough to be the second best player on a team.
2461088, Look at Finals MVP Andre Iguoudala (9th pick)
Posted by KosherSam, Mon Jun-29-15 09:49 AM
Lottery pick, and his ceiling is to be the 2nd or 3rd best guy on a championship team. Trying to build a team with him as the star was a failure, he's just not that guy. I think if you draft a guy with the 10th pick (Winslow) and he turns out to have the career of Iggy (9th pick), the team that took him would be happy with that. They can't all be all-stars.
2459934, He can do more. The other poster didn't watch him play this year.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:28 PM
2459933, In what world can Winslow not shoot? He was over 41% from 3.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:27 PM
He stills needs work shooting off the dribble, but he has decent enough moves with his handles to get to the cup, and he can catch and shoot 3s at a high clip. He's far from someone who needs to be taught how to shoot and dribble, lol.

Maybe you're thinking of someone else.
2459938, I get what you're saying... My sample size is minimal compared
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:34 PM
to Duke fans. But what I saw of him wasn't tremendously impressive outside of his defensive and rebounding abilities which he had on full displayin the Tournament.

For him, I am relying more so on what I've read. In the end, I will own it if I am wrong but, for now, I'm sticking to the Afro'd bamma not being able to dribble.

Matter of fact, he reminded me of Nique and Drexler when I saw him dribbling the rock.
2459940, i mean he aint breaking nobody ankles but he dont need to
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 02:36 PM
All he need to do is get an edge on you and he's real good at that.
2459943, So, Winslow = LeBron 2.0
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:41 PM
>RE: i mean he aint breaking nobody ankles but he dont need to
>All he need to do is get an edge on you and he's real good at
>that.

Cuz he ain't breaking ankles either but, once he gets that edge on the defender, it's a wrap.

2459947, In transition in college, yes, Winslow was dominant.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:47 PM
He won't be *that* dominant at the next level, but his combination of superior athleticism, length, first step speed, strength, and his ability to hit 3s forcing defenses to stay honest should easily help him get to the rim against pro defenders. Most scouts would consider that a given.
2459944, So his 48.8% shooting from 3 in the tourney wasn't impressive?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:43 PM
He shot over 60% against two of the top 6 defenses in the country in the tournament. Not all "alley-oops" and transition baskets either.

Come on, man. Watch the games. They're out there! It's *easy* to see, even in just the tournament, that the kid is *incredibly* skilled.

He's not Kyrie with his handles or Jordan with his jumpshot, but for a 19-year-old, both are fine-- and his jumper for a 19-year-old would be considered good in all aspects (except for off the dribble, which most college freshmen can't do anyway).
2459946, I can't argue numbers especially since I, admittedly, haven't...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:47 PM
RE: So his 48.8% shooting from 3 in the tourney wasn't impressive?

seen much of him outside of the tourney games where he put on a little show. Over the years, I have relied upon the opinion of many of you for some of these cats. Seriously, that percentage is pretty high and is exceptional at that level.

So, I'm gonna jump out there and believe he's awesome just like I did when I followed a LessonHeads advice and bought Shuggie Otis' album. LOL

How many years before he turns into a franchise player or does it stand that he will be Tony Allen Part Deux?

2459948, He'll be closer to franchise than Tony Allen. Allen has no offense.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:49 PM
I'm not convinced Winslow is a franchise player, but he has massively high potential. Some are saying Ron Artest, which I don't disagree with, really. I like to say a slightly smaller MKG with a jumpshot. Either way, I see a kid who should make an All-Star game at some point, which would absolutely be worth drafting from 4 onward in this particular draft.
2459954, ASG may not be far-fetched for him...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 02:55 PM
I just don't want him being drafted by the Purple and Gold. If he eventually gets there as a Lakers player, then cool. Otherwise, he can be drafted and developed elsewhere.

And I'm not claiming he's gonna be a bum or bust. I just don't see him as a top 6 player.
2459955, Let's say the Lakers end up with the 6th pick
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 02:59 PM
and Cousins. Who would you like to see them draft there?
2459960, No one at that point. Don't think anyone is worth staying in...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 03:17 PM
the top 10 for. Russell would more than likely be gone by then. I don't take too kindly to Euro players. So, I'd like to see the Lakers trade back to grab a lower pick (no less than 16th) and a future first rounder. At a lower pick, we could grab Jerian Grant or Cameron Payne.
2459964, That works too
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 03:21 PM
The Celtics are looking to get into the top 10 and hold the 16th pick and have multiple picks in upcoming years. Wonder if Ainge would make a deal with the Lakers?
2459869, Boogie and they can have whatever they want.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 12:06 PM
We'll still have some cap space this year a nd serious cap space next year.
2459871, Forreal man fuck them picks. Build around boogie.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 12:10 PM
2459886, What Helps The Lakers Is
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Jun-25-15 12:33 PM
Boogie's contract is org-friendly...meaning that they'd still have enough after absorbing his and Landry's deal to get a good/great player.

If I'm a Laker fan, I'd try to get Boogie as well. As much as I like Randle, you always go with the proven player...and it's not like Boogie's old

If Sac wants Randle, Clarkson and the #2 for Boogie, get Boogie, absorb a deal and try to get a 2nd rounder
2459873, damn, GSW better bask in the glow....West about to get silly(er)....
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 12:16 PM
Boogie possibly in LA, LMA possibly in SA, KD back...shit.
2459884, RE: damn, GSW better bask in the glow....West about to get silly(er)....
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 12:31 PM
>Boogie possibly in LA, LMA possibly in LA, KD back...shit.
2459887, if LA gets them both....I just, man...wow
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 12:35 PM
2459899, nga this us!
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 01:03 PM
http://www.lady-faire.com/thumbnails/cloak-purple10-tn.jpg
<---- 5....

2459909, LOL
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 01:19 PM
2459956, If the Lakers stay at 2
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 03:01 PM
I'd like to see them take Russell. Okafor could turn out to be a solid pro, I just don't have a good feeling about him...not based on any facts, just a gut feeling.
2459962, Exactly where I am with it...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 03:18 PM
2459804, Cauley-Stein's ankles, Looney's hip, Frank the Tank rising
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 09:45 AM
Chad Ford is saying that concerns over Cauley-Stein's ankles could cause him to slide. And given the amount of bigs in the draft, Kevon Looney's hip injury seems to be pushing him down the board.

He also says that Cauley-Stein isn't an Ainge pick which would piss me off if we let him slide or passed up a chance to trade up and get him.

Meanwhile, Frank the Tank is now projected 4 - 9 as Phil, MJ, and others have fallen for him.
2459810, RE: Cauley-Stein's ankles, Looney's hip, Frank the Tank rising
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 10:00 AM

>Meanwhile, Frank the Tank is now projected 4 - 9 as Phil, MJ,
>and others have fallen for him.

Ha! Knick fans r going to burn down Barclays if that happens.....lol
2459812, yeah, if WCS is there when the celtics pick
Posted by thejerseytornado, Thu Jun-25-15 10:05 AM
and there hasn't been another, similar slide (HEZONJA! also, can we just nickname him White Mamba now?), i'm gonna be angry as fuck.

-----------
Its 2014...there are computers in glasses and people stunt after hitting the ball far. Get over it. -Cenario
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious
2459818, Isn't Brian Scalabrine the White Mamba?
Posted by Mack, Thu Jun-25-15 10:22 AM
There may need to be a cage match for rights to the nickname.
2459823, his was a joke. Hezonja is serious
Posted by thejerseytornado, Thu Jun-25-15 10:31 AM
they're the same type of asshole. plus the lakers/celtics, plus the black/white, plus the shared euro experience. IT'S TOO FUCKING PERFECT.

-----------
Its 2014...there are computers in glasses and people stunt after hitting the ball far. Get over it. -Cenario
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious
2459815, leaving this here...majority share holder.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 10:12 AM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2458379&mesg_id=2458379&page=#2458939
2459828, Frank going to the Knicks would be AMAAAAAAAZING.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 11:05 AM
2459842, for who?
Posted by Cenario, Thu Jun-25-15 11:24 AM
2459845, RE: Frank going to the Knicks would be AMAAAAAAAZING.
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 11:28 AM

lol.....
2459811, This is strange
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 10:03 AM
There's no mystery to who my team is going to take, it's not dependent on who the other teams ahead of us draft, and unless Flip trades AB to get back into the late first round, I won't go through my annual draft day "try and spin this in my head to convince me this isn't going to ruin the franchise's future" rationalizing.

I feel like I should pretend to be a Knicks fan today, just so I can feel that rush.
2459821, Sixers draft..Take Russell
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 10:26 AM
Don't get cute, don't try to be the smartest guys in the room. Let me finish up Season 2 of The Americans tonight. The end.

Same as it ever was!
2459831, u know that wont happen
Posted by wluv, Thu Jun-25-15 11:10 AM
Russell's stock is too high for the Lakers to pass on him.

They better have their plan b ready.

id be fine with mudiay. get the 1 and make it work.
2459836, Shiiiiit, Lakers is bout them big men
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 11:14 AM
2459839, for our sake i hope so
Posted by wluv, Thu Jun-25-15 11:19 AM
Russell would be an instant star in Philly
2459876, Well at least part of your night is going to go well
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 12:19 PM
The Americans is the single best drama on TV
2459879, It is very good.
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 12:24 PM
I burned through the first 7 eps too fast tho. Need to slow down and enjoy the last few. Been avoiding that thread in PTP too.

Same as it ever was!
2459883, is it on Netflix/Prime or anything like that?
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 12:27 PM
edit: hell yeah it's on Prime
2459924, First two are on Prime
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 02:17 PM
Third season aired earlier this year, so it can be purchased via Amazon/Google/itunes (or probably located via other, less legal means if you're into that sort of thing.)
2459932, What he said...
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 02:27 PM
but all of mine are on the DVR...
Same as it ever was!
2460233, I am not feelin him like that and think we got a better asset in Okafor
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 07:50 PM
I have some questions about Okafor and of course as a Sixers big man a career-ending injury or fiery death seems imminent. But he is a very legit big. I don't see anyone else like him in the draft, whereas I see players who are a similar style and could potentially be as effective as Russell.

2459830, For those interested, Basa, KBadd, and I did an entire mock draft.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 11:09 AM
You can check it out on our podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/2.1-seconds-to-madness/id731295234?mt=2

I'll also be tweeting thoughts about the picks as they come from our twitter, http://twitter.com/Seconds2Madness, so feel free to harass me over there tonight.
2459837, I'm calling it now: Porzingis = BUST.
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 11:16 AM
And by bust, I mean his numbers won't meet the expected value is for his pick #, based on this: http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Might be 4-5 rating points away at that, after 5-6 years.
2459851, this stood out to me
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 11:38 AM
https://twitter.com/vjl_bball/status/582576183553884160

i'm sure there are ways to argue around this but that is a blaring red siren to me lol
2459858, Dat Zingis suposedly has a better attitude
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 11:52 AM
Who knows since it's impossible to tell from reports what these guys are really like but Bargs's main problem was that he was a lazy, entitled fuckwad. Porzingis reportedly wants to be good on defense and has a drive to prove that he's not another euro-stiff. (And not to defend Bargs but as shitty as he's been, he's still a 15ppg scorer over his career so he has some use.)

Whether that translates once he becomes a multi-millionaire in America remains to be seen.

As I noted in my mock, the thing that I like about him is that he is one of the few Euros who pulled out of the draft and saw his stock rise. Either guys like Bargs or Vesely ride the initial buzz to the lotto or guys like Pavel, Lampe, etc. pull out of the draft and then see their stock fall.

2459912, Well the biggest issue with Bargnani has really been injuries
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 01:29 PM
He's averaged decent points every year, but hasn't played over 66 games in five years...66, 31, 35, 42, and 29 games. So if he had stayed healthy, he might have been decent-good as a whole, but still not worthy of that #1 pick.

So yea, if Zingis even averages a cool 15 PPG career wise, that would be good, and better than what I expect.
2459971, Even when healthy, he was a bit of a mess
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 03:41 PM
Defense was horrid. Wasn't as willing of a passer as one would hope. And his shot was inconsistent, which is all he really offers.
2459911, Woooow, they're for real identical!! And I was surely thinking about
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 01:27 PM
Bargnani, just as many of us have mentioned Darko. I donno....I just feel like we've seen this too many times, and it's not gonna be pretty.

If I'm wrong, I'll accept the L if y'all spark one up for me. But I don't expect to be taking one.
2460236, That doesnt mean shit, if anything it could be encouraging
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 07:53 PM
Bargnani wowed with his skill and blinded people to his athletic ability, which was very limited. Zingis looks quicker and more mobile to me. So if he's just as skilled and more athletic, he is gonna be very good.
2459846, Minnesota
Posted by After_Words, Thu Jun-25-15 11:32 AM
I know Towns is supposed to be the #1 pick, but it would suck if Okafor ends up having the much better career. It's great that we finally have the #1 pick, but it just sucks it didn't come at a time when there was a consensus #1. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, and LaVine should be exciting as hell though. Here's to the playoffs in a few years!
2459881, I think playoffs by '18 is easy (if not '17)
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 12:25 PM
Assuming none of the young guys get injury prone.

Wiggins, Shabazz and KAT are potentially a really good 2/3/4. Rubio might never play an 82 game season, and I'm not sure if Lavine can handle being a full time PG. I assume Dieng will be the starting center when the season starts, not sure where/if Pekovic fits when he comes back.

Even with those three (and a healthy Rubio/vastly improved Lavine,) there is not even close to enough depth to make a playoff run in the West.
2459857, D. Russ >>>> Mudiaye
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 11:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5nL8HGA.png

lol, yea. good luck with that.
2459859, Are people still debating that?
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 11:52 AM
From what I've read and seen, it's pretty clear consensus that D'Angelo is the top guard in the draft, possibly the 2nd best player overall.
2459864, i hear these knick fans talking about it quite a bit everyday...
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 12:00 PM
sixer fans too

2459868, Word. I honestly haven't heard much of that
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 12:04 PM
Was in the city over the weekend and D'Angelo >>> Mudiay was the overwhelming consensus I got from the Knicks fans I spoke to. Obviously anecdotal evidence though lol.
2459882, It's going to be debated for at least another couple of years
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 12:26 PM
2459908, cause it's debateable.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 01:17 PM
2459913, He asked "if", not "why".
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 01:30 PM
>
2459968, I am.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 03:31 PM
And Guru knows I like D-Russ too. Just like Mudiay better.

I'll take that side of the agenda with no questions.
2459982, Right, we haven't seen either of these guys in the league, and haven't seen
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 04:17 PM
Mudiay in anything in at least a year (if ever.)

How can there possibly be "no debate" at this point?
2459983, lol, NBA draft hype is the best, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-25-15 04:20 PM
2460002, yep Im on Team Mudiay in that battle
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 05:23 PM
2460246, i wouldnt say it's unanimous though
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:02 PM
yes russell was clearly going to go first just like paul was ahead of deron, but there was stil a cmon ... contingent, no?
2459942, link to where I can get the updates in realtime?
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Thu Jun-25-15 02:38 PM
2459949, :)
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 02:50 PM
http://twitter.com/Seconds2Madness
2459985, lol
Posted by Cenario, Thu Jun-25-15 04:20 PM
2459987, Mason on ESPN 710 is reporting that Karl is getting fired.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 04:29 PM
2459988, "Georgie.. I need to see you in my office"
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 04:38 PM
2459991, RE: Mason on ESPN 710 is reporting that Karl is getting fired.
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 04:43 PM

Ha!....I knew it...
2459997, Noooooooooooooooooooo
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 04:56 PM
Oh well.

Let's get LMA now
2460001, I'm torn on LA. I'd rather avoid 30 year old players.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 05:22 PM
I worry about injuries and the beginning of breaking down.

Don't get me wrong, I dig a lineup of LA, Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Kobe, and whatever spare parts we Draft and pickup in free agency this year. I'd just rather give that money to Love at 26 than LA at 30
2460003, if LA has to play the 5, i doubt he comes to the Lakers at all
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 05:26 PM
Buckner: LaMarcus Aldridge "Wants That Luxury Of Playing With A Dominant Center"
http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/1/23/3908340/buckner-lamarcus-aldridge-wants-that-luxury-of-playing-with-a
2460020, Reports seem to imply Randle might be suiting up at the 3.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 06:12 PM
>Buckner: LaMarcus Aldridge "Wants That Luxury Of Playing With
>A Dominant Center"
>http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/1/23/3908340/buckner-lamarcus-aldridge-wants-that-luxury-of-playing-with-a
2460029, LA been playing an old man game for like 3+ years now, he'll age well
Posted by celery77, Thu Jun-25-15 06:33 PM
LA gets his with body positioning, footwork, and good hands. I think he's going to age well into his 30s.
2460009, Kings owner went from being frustrated to fired in less than 24 hours?!
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 05:40 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/25/report-kings-owner-vivek-ranadive-frustrated-with-george-karls-lobbying-for-demarcus-cousins-trade/

*Scust at this entire situation*

Please trade Boogie to LA.
2459990, Everything reported on Boston is comically bad
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 04:42 PM
The new one is being called a "godfather offer" for #3 if LA takes Russell.

The offer is supposedly Smart, 16, and 28.

Lol.
2459998, So they've changed their mind on Nerlens?
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 05:00 PM
Still a shit offer.
Same as it ever was!
2460021, Ainge should have Dane Cook call to make them trade offers.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 06:13 PM
2459992, D-Lo's suit game >>>> everyone else.
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 04:45 PM
god damn...that scarlet and grey lookin dapper.

your alma mater's colors are trash btw. Especially if it includes blue.
2459996, Not better than the Tim Thomas too big, too small joint
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 04:53 PM
Mean

http://www.baconsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tim-thomas-nba-draft.jpg
2460000, Can't believe oubre bought them shoes
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 05:22 PM
Should've listen to Dennis Scott and got some gators.
Same as it ever was!
2460011, Okafor is chewing food while being interviewed on NBA TV
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 05:47 PM
Man, shit! LAKERS better go Russell at #2!

Kobe is probably shittin his pants right now thinking this kid is a younger Shaq!
2460015, Oh, I get it. It's an anti-Duke agenda.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:00 PM
That's the only explanation for (a) the insistence above that Winslow isn't a star despite admitting you haven't really watched him, and (b) picking on a kid for eating dinner before the biggest night of his life.

Otherwise, I'm baffled.
2460018, How exactly is Okafor being picked on by a random guy on a message board?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 06:11 PM
This might be the most sensitive I've seen anyone get over a comment aimed at a player.

Anti Duke agenda? Yeah, those Duke boys are such victims. You sound like Bill O'Rielly going off over the Liberal Agenda. It's a little uncharacteristic.
2460026, ... did you miss the twenty above posts?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:23 PM
He ranted about how Winslow, a player he admitted he'd rarely ever seen, wouldn't be a star for reasons that are acknowledged as not true by everyone who's seen him.

And he ranted in the other post how Okafor, who plays on Winslow's team, is going to be a bust. Starting at it again here.

How am I supposed to take it when a guy coincidentally talks about how two players from the same team are overrated when the same guy admits he hasn't really seen those guys play?

EDIT: he also admitted he "grew up as a UNC fan." And he's coincidentally singling out the two Duke players he's rarely seen as disappointments? Am I really *that* crazy for thinking that bias may play a *small* role? lol http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2432610&mesg_id=2432610&listing_type=search
2460032, wowsers. Yeah, carry on. I forget how deep school allegiance runs
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 06:34 PM
It's just that you're typically even keeled, so it stood out.
2460072, Oh, I get it.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:56 PM
I wouldn't have played that card unless I had a real suspicion, lol. The UNC thing was just icing on the cake.
2460044, All they saying is chewing food on-camera=chewing food in locker room
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-25-15 06:47 PM
=chewing food during training session=chewing food everywhere
2460047, you're buggin
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 06:48 PM
No Duke agenda
Never said either would be a bust
I did say that MY PREFERENCE is the guy that was just drafted.

2460023, RE: Oh, I get it. It's an anti-Duke agenda.
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 06:17 PM
That's where you're wrong... I've nothing against Duke players at all. I respect that program more than many others. Coach K has built probably the best program in collegiate basketball.

My comment was about the cat chewing on food while being interviewed and how that could give Kobe the shits.

Don't reach!
2460016, Hope springs eternal, but right now
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:06 PM
It feels like the Lakers can't lose. I'm excited about Okafor, Russell, or Boogie. LETS GO
2460017, I'm greedy to see Jah...
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:07 PM
... but Russell would still be really great for years to come.
2460019, I hope you get Jah in Los Angeles, and the Knicks get Dlo.
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 06:11 PM
win win

g'luck
2460024, RE: I'm greedy to see Jah...
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 06:20 PM
Greedy and Jah in the same sentence?

Just messing with you...
2460025, RE: Hope springs eternal, but right now
Posted by Creole, Thu Jun-25-15 06:21 PM
Man, this is the most excited I've been in years. We've got money to spend in free agency and have the ability to add top talent via the draft.
2460022, Best Dressed and Worst Dressed?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-25-15 06:16 PM
2460027, This shit is wide open
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:24 PM
I have no clue after #1
2460028, I'm scared we're about to curse KAT or something
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:32 PM
We don't have any kind of franchise big man curse or anything (shout out to Felton Spencer though,) but I'm not used to being in an enviable position. It's unnerving.

Quick, give Chase Budinger a huge contract.

2460031, With the first pick in the NBA draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:34 PM
FRANK THE TANK KAMINSKY
2460030, THEY CHEERING SILVER
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:33 PM
2460033, I give it three years
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:34 PM
Tops
2460034, Sure. But he bought himself a lot of goodwill.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:35 PM
2460035, ACTUAL PIC OF ME AND RBO RIGHT NOW
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:38 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/stevenandalangc3.jpg

NOPE, WE FRIENDS.
2460036, Okay that's real good
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:39 PM
2460048, good job
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 06:48 PM
2460037, Good to know Colin Cowherd will be a KAT fan
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:43 PM
2460038, What's Philly doing now?
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:45 PM
2460039, ME AND GURU ARE FRIENDS NOW
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:46 PM
2460041, must be getting LA or Love...
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 06:46 PM
<---- 5....

2460043, AND we're happy as shit with Randle.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:47 PM
Fuck yes.
2460045, Or Boogie
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:48 PM
No way they'll strike out on all of them.
2460071, iono if we can still get Boogie unless Sac wanted Russell
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 06:56 PM

<---- 5....

2460049, ^. Prolly Aldridge
Posted by dillinjah, Thu Jun-25-15 06:48 PM
2460040, LAKERS GOT RUSSELL!!!!
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 06:46 PM
Celts about to make Sixers a godfather offer according to twitter.
2460050, That boy gon be good
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:48 PM
/
2460060, im good w/ it.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 06:53 PM
2460250, B-b-b-b-b-but Jordan Clarkson! LMAO
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:07 PM
I now went from pleasantly indifferent to hating this kid's guy. SAME GUY, NEW SHIRT! BOOOOOOOOOOO! (c) Jerry Seinfeld
2460329, Jordan will be better too
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:10 PM
2460336, I was hoping you of all people would reply
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:17 PM
Did I not say they would go BPA and give ZERO fucks about his presence?

I am just looking for a small W on that. Clarkson is a decent player, great as a third guard who backs up both spots. He and Russell will be a combo backcourt as soon as Kobe's inevitable injury happens. I don't think Clarkson can fill it up enough to be a real good two guard but maybe I am wrong.
2460350, Did I say it wouldnt happen?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:23 PM
Ill take my L there if i did But i thought I was saying it SHOULDNT happen. I still think the lakers shouldve taken Jahlil there.

I do think Clarkson and Russell can play together, and think Russell may be the more natural 2 of the two. Either way that can be fluid and they can switch off. Clarkson is the better defener and rebounder, but I was talking to LA@philly the other day-- he showed a real maturity in his game as a pg that a lot of rookie pgs do not - usage or no usage.

You and I will be friends real soon because my guess is Lin ends up a 76er in FA.

>Did I not say they would go BPA and give ZERO fucks about his
>presence?
>
>I am just looking for a small W on that. Clarkson is a decent
>player, great as a third guard who backs up both spots. He and
>Russell will be a combo backcourt as soon as Kobe's inevitable
>injury happens. I don't think Clarkson can fill it up enough
>to be a real good two guard but maybe I am wrong.
2460455, RE: Did I say it wouldnt happen?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:23 AM
>Ill take my L there if i did But i thought I was saying it
>SHOULDNT happen. I still think the lakers shouldve taken
>Jahlil there.

I dunno I will have to look at the thread. I remember the spirit of the exchange more than the details.

I am torn as to what they should have done as I think both guys are very good prospects but I am not feeling *huge* star for either. You want to go big all things and all needs being equal, but obviously they saw something in Russell. I don't think there was a consensus No. 2 pick. Personally I would have taken Okafor, if nothing else I feel like he is the better asset. Philly once again gets a No. 1 caliber pick below No. 1.

>I do think Clarkson and Russell can play together, and think
>Russell may be the more natural 2 of the two. Either way that
>can be fluid and they can switch off. Clarkson is the better
>defener and rebounder, but I was talking to LA@philly the
>other day-- he showed a real maturity in his game as a pg that
>a lot of rookie pgs do not - usage or no usage.

Yeah I don't see any issue with them as a combo backcourt, they have the right size and mix of attributes to pull it off. I am not sold on Clarkson as any kind of star but he can be a starter (I don't think he is yet, he just plays on a *really* bad roster).

>You and I will be friends real soon because my guess is Lin
>ends up a 76er in FA.

I thought we were already friends! It came very close to happening last year. He would definitely help us the same way he helped the Lakers last year, give us an actual pro, a good practice player, a mature guy in the room and, on some nights, some hot play. I don't know that the Sixers will bother getting guys like that though, they appear to be in full-on tank mode still.
2460042, So I guess guru and I are gonna be besties now
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-25-15 06:47 PM
2460226, Ezekiel Elliot about to win the Heisman, and D-Russ ROTY
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 07:47 PM
you know you love me.

2460522, yep, lol...
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jun-26-15 09:06 AM
>you know you love me.
>
>
>
2460051, Fuck...
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 06:49 PM
Welcome to Philly Okafor. Right?
Same as it ever was!
2460052, lakers wasnt trying to get sam bowied
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 06:49 PM
2460053, BWAHAHAHA @ ESPN's Boom or Bust "Analytics"
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 06:50 PM

GET ALL THE WAY the FUCK out of here

Them hoes can't do arithmetic
2460055, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK them for that!
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Thu Jun-25-15 06:51 PM
2460057, lmmfao.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 06:52 PM
2460058, That's the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:52 PM
2460061, Father of analytics!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 06:53 PM
how is the boom or bust thing analytics? It was based off a poll
2460056, Philly another big
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 06:51 PM
2460059, Jah to Philly. THANK GOD. Better than the Knicks. GOOD.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:53 PM
2460476, Duke big men in Philly. It's a proud tradition
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 01:40 AM
Mike Gminsky. Elton Brand. S-Dot Murda *ducks bullet*. Uh, Alaa Abdelnaby. Well, OK, it's a developing tradition.
2460062, No way they keep Okafor, right?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:53 PM
2460067, Woj reporting they're keeping him.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:55 PM
Considering the unsure status of Embiid, that's probably the right move.
2460101, he's the only one of their bigs that can score 15ppg
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 07:05 PM
2460240, I wouldnt say no way either direction, honestly
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 07:55 PM
Everyone is available for the right price but I don't think Hinkie will take anything less than a king's ransom for him. Having three good bigs is the right kind of problem to have and when two of them have had major injuries it's not a bad way to go forward.

I like it, we took the best available asset whether we keep him or move him. Obviously when I saw Winslow falling I thought "fuck, I wish we had traded down" but I don't mind Okafor at all and of course he could still be moved in another type of deal.
2460063, So is Embiid still>>>>>>Okafor?
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:54 PM
2460326, We want ALL the big men! Anyway, if healthy, yes, I still take Embiid
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:08 PM
2460064, Waiting patiently for that Embiid tweet
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:54 PM
2460065, #LETSGOLAKERS
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 06:54 PM
Laker nation, lemme in.
2460077, Come on down, fam
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:59 PM
2460213, *salute*
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 07:40 PM
2460066, DAT PROCESS
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jun-25-15 06:55 PM
2460068, I read that Mitch wanted Okafor
Posted by Rick Fox Jr, Thu Jun-25-15 06:55 PM
rest of the brass wanted Russell.
2460073, Zero chance that's accurate.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 06:57 PM
I mean, I read it too. But Mitch keeps things very close to the vest. There's no chance there was truth to this.
2460074, depends on what we do in FA
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 06:57 PM
won't know how I feel about it until then...
<---- 5....

2460387, Bc Mitch is so open with his feelings lol
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 09:49 PM
There really needs to be a class taught in all post-graduate education on understanding real news vs click bait. A whole lot of hacks touting themselves as reporters are generating a whole ton of revenue.
2460069, If the Sixers really want Russell....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Jun-25-15 06:56 PM
they could give us our pick back for next year and swap Oakafor for Russell..

but either way...

we cloaked..
2460076, Nope, we got Carl Anfernee Towne, we're taking that cloak
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 06:58 PM
We'll wear it in January.
2460070, a pick that actually makes the team better. what a novel approach.
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jun-25-15 06:56 PM
2460075, Chuk Okafor is in the Hall of Fame of awesome hoops dads.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 06:58 PM
He has been awesome from Day 1 in Cameron Indoor. Such great enthusiasm, so genuine. Love love love that dude.
2460078, Yeah he seems really great.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:00 PM
2460083, plus he jive looks like Ed O.G.
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 07:01 PM
2460079, It's something though © Jay Williams on the Knicks
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:00 PM
Now and forever
2460080, #DATZINGIS!! Called it WEEKS ago on the FS podcast! HAHAHAHAHA
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:00 PM
2460081, This is my favorite part of draft day. GET READY TO BOO, NYC
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:00 PM
(I can't even read Twitter right now cause I don't wanna spoil it)
2460082, Woj is the greatest. Dude is already on pick 5
Posted by RandomFact, Thu Jun-25-15 07:00 PM
2460084, Knicks fan cold as ice.
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:01 PM
LLS!
2460085, That little white kid with the Spike Lee glasses should be interviewed
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:02 PM
Such a shitty look on his face.
2460088, hahahahaha
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:02 PM

<---- 5....

2460109, RE: That little white kid with the Spike Lee glasses should be interviewed
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 07:07 PM
>Such a shitty look on his face.

That kid was MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.......lol
2460086, LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jun-25-15 07:02 PM
2460087, That kids crying selfie....hahahahahahahahahahahah
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:02 PM
2460089, LMAO @ that T Wolves fan laughing next to the mad NYK fans
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jun-25-15 07:02 PM
2460095, Fucking hilarious
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:04 PM
2460164, RE: LMAO @ that T Wolves fan laughing next to the mad NYK fans
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIYo2dvW8AADY9I.jpg
2460228, LMFAOOOOOOOOOO yessssssss
Posted by cgonz00cc, Thu Jun-25-15 07:48 PM
2460090, GOOD!!!! FUCK ALL YOU KNICKS/MELO ASSHOLES!
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 07:03 PM

PERFECT!

2460091, DAT ZINGIS
Posted by Deebot, Thu Jun-25-15 07:03 PM
2460092, BOOOOOOO!!!!!
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 07:03 PM
LOL at the Jay Bilas slander.

NYC media is going to fry Feel over this.
2460093, KNICKS FANS DON'T FUCKIN CARE - LOLOLOLOLOL
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:03 PM

<---- 5....

2460094, It's cool. Talent trumps everything else.
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 07:03 PM
Welcome to Philly Big Oak.

Same as it ever was!
2460096, KNICKS HAD 1 JOB!
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Jun-25-15 07:04 PM
2460097, knicks lmaoooooooooo
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 07:04 PM
2460098, Man...I'm dying at the Dolph Lundgren extra line
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:04 PM
2460100, Winslow's gotta be the pick here, right?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:05 PM
2460106, Orlando's going Mario. I bet SAC goes Mudiay.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:06 PM
2460102, I am so, so, so happy.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:05 PM
2460103, Yoo I'm about to FIGHT niggas...I'm SERIOUS
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:05 PM

Post your address and we'll do this

I'm tired of this

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460107, Mad?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:06 PM
Why for?

Love you, OE.
2460116, He should be good enough for Melo to do something with.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:08 PM
*snicker*
2460131, JR ruined 'Melo, just like he ruined Kyrie
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:15 PM

So I'm not worried

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460142, wow...this came from a place of hurt
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 07:20 PM
2460158, didn't it? LMAO!!!! he mad as shit
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 07:23 PM
2460169, You want a piece of this, hoe?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:28 PM

Don't get your jaw tapped

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460187, nah, I'm built to rugged for that shit, fam
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 07:34 PM
2460118, suffer through it
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 07:09 PM
2460125, Wouldn't to happened if you had an analytics gm
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:11 PM
2460134, Actually, analytics is what moved Porzingis up
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:18 PM

Not sure what you're talking about

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460188, So Phil got trickknowledhed by analytics?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:34 PM
2460136, Yo, he might actually fight you for this one
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:18 PM
2460184, http://tinyurl.com/pybjedb
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:33 PM

http://tinyurl.com/pybjedb

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460219, LMAO WE GOT RUSSELL PUNK WHO CARES LMAO
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:41 PM
2460279, Don't worry, this won't even be the top plea cop for Melo and the Knicks
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:32 PM
https://imgflip.com/i/ney4o
2460104, Watch Sacto fuck around and get Mudiay
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:05 PM
2460110, They'll have a shot at him. He's available.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:07 PM
2460111, NOPE! Kings are going WCS!
2460115, Boogie Insurance
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:08 PM
2460268, They *should* have gone Mudiay but oh well. Not a bad pick w/ WCS
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:25 PM
I see no reason he can't play *with* Cousins, two bigs, one focused on O and the other on D.
2460105, kinda feel bad for dude...he look bewildered as shit
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 07:06 PM
2460108, If the Kings select WCS, I'm suspicious
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 07:06 PM
2460114, They are. I'm pretty astonished.
2460126, They want Rondo
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:12 PM
So I doubt they had much interest in drafting a PG.
2460275, I'm surprised but not astonished.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:29 PM
I don't see him and Cousins in the same lineup as irreconcilable

They must not have thought highly of Mudiay and were among a surprisingly large cluster of teams who passed on Winslow. They figure WCS is the BPA and he could either complement Boogie or replace him.
2460120, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:10 PM
2460112, LMAO at all of that comedy...
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Jun-25-15 07:07 PM
Knicks needs - Everything

To the crying kid. And the booing.
Same as it ever was!
2460117, LMAO KNICKS...NO JUSTISE?? ANOTHER BAGNANI..LOLZ
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:08 PM
Melo sick rght now
2460119, Euro ball!
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:10 PM
2460121, lulz @ jalen plagiarizing woj tweets.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jun-25-15 07:10 PM
2460122, Uhm.....WTF Orlando?
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 07:10 PM
2460123, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIYpMK2UEAEWNo5.jpg:large
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jun-25-15 07:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIYpMK2UEAEWNo5.jpg:large
2460133, lolz
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:18 PM

<---- 5....

2460124, At least it wasnt frank the tank
Posted by gusto, Thu Jun-25-15 07:11 PM
2460130, yeah, at least it wasn't someone who contributes NOW
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 07:15 PM
2460156, no. eff frank at 4
Posted by gusto, Thu Jun-25-15 07:23 PM
2460127, Mudiay going to Denver.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:12 PM
GOTTA mean Winslow is gonna be a Piston.
2460128, Mudiay's going to Denver
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:12 PM
If he can stay healthy, he'll be fine. Even if his shot never fully develops.
2460129, They're shopping the pick around right now.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:14 PM
I'd be on the phone to Denver RIGHT NOW.
2460132, Really with that necklace, WCS?
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:18 PM
2460138, Looks like a Southern rap label that had two hits in the mid 00's logo
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:19 PM
2460143, Perfect.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:20 PM
2460237, http://t.co/ak92pBxSMD <----- LOLZ SUCH A FUCKING BAMMA
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Jun-25-15 07:53 PM
http://t.co/ak92pBxSMD
2460135, So uh.. Cousins gone?
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:18 PM

<---- 5....

2460139, I REALLY doubt it's to us if that's the case.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:19 PM
2460159, unless they wanted Russell
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:23 PM

<---- 5....

2460141, They think WCS is quick enough for the 4
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:20 PM
2460145, Yeah......He gone. This confirms it
Posted by Ink_Spot, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
2460137, CHEESE EYES, PLEASE PICK WINSLOW.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:19 PM
2460144, No cheese eyes. Don't pick Winslow.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
2460149, You a fan of a team farther back?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
2460154, Nah. I just don't like Charlotte.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM
2460160, lol, fair enough!
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:23 PM
2460148, AINGE TRADE UP NOW!
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
Winslow would be a nice fit in Boston.
2460151, Oh God, I would absolutely love that.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM
2460282, LMAO, yeah right, Miami was taking ZERO calls once Charlotte picked
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:33 PM
2460140, WTF? ALL THE FOOLS PASSING ON JUSTISE?????!!
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:19 PM
DUMMYS
2460146, Mindblowing to me.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
2460147, Please let him go to Charlotte. That'd be a *great* fit.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:21 PM
2460150, You know MJ's taking Frank
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM
2460157, Even though that's a joke, I'd be BLOWN THE FUCK AWAY.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:23 PM
2460191, Get ready to be blown away.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:34 PM
2460195, DOES HE LISTEN TO THE FS PODCAST OR WHAT
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:35 PM
It's always funny. Every single fucking time.
2460155, d morey bout to trade up and bring him home
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM
2460161, I'm getting so excited right now at the possibilities.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:24 PM
I just want him to avoid Utah.
2460172, OH jesus please...no Utah.
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:30 PM
>I just want him to avoid Utah.
2460153, My FAVORITE player in the draft. n/m
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460163, "There are plenty of Justice Winslow types in our league" (c) Legler
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:25 PM
2460175, That should verify to everyone how great Winslow is.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:31 PM
2460185, no it was plenty fkng Leglers..stfu Legler you fkng clown
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:33 PM
2460217, LLS
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:41 PM
2460152, Winslow on the Heat would be fascinating.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:22 PM
2460167, And that was Ty Lawson's Nuggets career
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:26 PM
2460173, Yeah....he gone too
Posted by Ink_Spot, Thu Jun-25-15 07:30 PM
2460178, They've been struggling to deal him
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:32 PM
It's been more of a when than if for a while now.
2460168, Prophecy so strong...oh so strong https://twitter.com/C_A_Huggins/status/609410127611957250
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 07:27 PM
https://twitter.com/C_A_Huggins/status/609410127611957250
2460171, ESPN talking they're going for Lawson
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:30 PM
2460189, RE: ESPN talking they're going for Lawson
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 07:34 PM

Yeah...that's what I'm hearing.....Sac Town going after Ty....
2460209, That's who George wants, but he ain't making no calls.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 07:39 PM
And they have to trade to get him. If they can get Rondo on a 1 yr. Boom.
2460177, Not nearly as good as my #DatZingis call, but pretty good.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:31 PM
2460234, Man, if they get Rondo & the 3 Pointed Asshole Delta connects I'm great
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 07:50 PM
It works on so many levels.
2460170, Bad Booooys...
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:29 PM
2460174, how the fuck they pick fucking stanley johnson over winslow???
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 07:31 PM
2460180, You're unknowingly illuminating the ShawndSignal.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:32 PM
2460211, Gonna be better and I'm going up against ba and o-e united front here
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:39 PM
Gonna be a doozy
2460286, that shit ain't worth my time.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 08:35 PM
i followed that agenda for 3 years. justise been better every step of the way. ain't like the board is invested enough to give a fuck when it's proven on the NBA level.

too small a win a for me.

if you'd like to wait a year, we can go brandon ingram vs. stanley.

2460337, Sure. based on what?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:18 PM
>i followed that agenda for 3 years. justise been better every
>step of the way. ain't like the board is invested enough to
>give a fuck when it's proven on the NBA level.
>

Your eye test. Okay.

>too small a win a for me.
>
>if you'd like to wait a year, we can go brandon ingram vs.
>stanley.
>
>
Sure we'll do that too. 2 for 1 special.
2460373, cool.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 09:40 PM

2460220, Cuz he's good. Real good.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 07:42 PM
2460176, JUSTISE GON MAKE THE KNICKS FKNG PAY
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:31 PM
I CANT WAIT..HE POSE TO BE IN MSG WIT MELO
2460179, Me with Ceej and Ern
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:32 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2011/9/1/1314874714737/Jack-White-and-Insane-Clo-007.jpg

Sorry closest to an Asian guy with ICP I could find
2460258, RE: Me with Ceej and Ern
Posted by Ceej, Thu Jun-25-15 08:18 PM
http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20080318&t=2&i=3561061&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2008-03-18T090542Z_01_HKF078997_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0
2460380, that's y'all staring at justise in the playoffs next year
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 09:44 PM
2460482, Not a lie.
Posted by Ceej, Fri Jun-26-15 06:42 AM
Still trusting SVG on this tho. He wasnt t he only guy passing on Winslow.
2460190, Karl and Vlade never saw Mudiay play
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:34 PM
So guess he wasn't ever in the picture.
2460200, how do you be that unprepared?
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 07:36 PM
2460192, Cheese Franks!
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:35 PM
2460193, CHARLOTTE IS GOING KAMINSKY WTFFFFFFFFF
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:35 PM
2460197, Dragic/Wade/Winslow/Bosh/Whiteside is a fucking core.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:36 PM
In this NBA? Yeah man
2460212, noice
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 07:39 PM

<---- 5....

2460210, lmfao.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 07:39 PM
2460263, Are you surprised? I mean Jorn loves the Zellers of the world
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:22 PM
Zeller, Morrison, Kaminsky. I think Jorn looks for guy who "embarrass long-armed Africans." You know he was tempted by Doug McDermott.
2460194, No Justise, No Cheese
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:35 PM
I'm not sorry
2460199, Okay, Riley. Don't fuck around.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:36 PM
2460202, So Miami gets Winslow?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:37 PM
2460203, And Miami sprints in with their pick...
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 07:37 PM
Steal.
2460208, RE: And Miami sprints in with their pick...
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 07:38 PM
>Steal.

Yep^^^^^^^^^^ Lucky fuckers....
2460205, http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/sh0ckdiesel/FrankTheTank.gif
Posted by Dstl1, Thu Jun-25-15 07:37 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/sh0ckdiesel/FrankTheTank.gif
2460206, winslow and whiteside??? whuuut???
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:38 PM
2460207, Charlotte and Kaminsky?
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 07:38 PM
Interesting.
2460215, Im gonna laugh at guards bodying this dude
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 07:40 PM
2460224, ionno about this one.. but he did eat up WCS and Okafor in the FF
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Jun-25-15 07:44 PM
2460319, I like Frankie K but this was a reach.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:01 PM
2460214, WINSLOW TO MIAMI!!! RILEY DEED IT!! HE DEED IT!!
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:40 PM
2460221, FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:43 PM
2460223, YES!
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 07:44 PM
I'm happy now.
2460216, D-Wade about to lose all of that leverage. Fuck him.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 07:40 PM
2460230, How?
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jun-25-15 07:49 PM
2460280, Pat can says we have Winslow and don't need you bruh.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 08:32 PM
2460530, Winslow is a role player in the NBA, he can't "replace" Wade, lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Fri Jun-26-15 09:31 AM
2460222, Turner to Indiana is a good fit
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 07:43 PM
He's gonna be good
2460235, Indiana tired of watching Hibbert disappear.
Posted by Ink_Spot, Thu Jun-25-15 07:52 PM
2460225, Really love that pick for the heat
Posted by bleekgilliam_420, Thu Jun-25-15 07:45 PM
If they resign wade and can stay healthy, that team is going to be so good.
2460266, Yeah man how do they get so lucky with guys falling to them?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:23 PM
It boggles the mind.
2460229, Stay away from RJ Hunter and Hollis-Jefferson
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 07:49 PM
We better get someone good.
2460239, Cleveland does *not* need RHJ, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:55 PM
If y'all were angry about bad shots not taken by Bron and Kyrie before... lol. He had the ugliest shot of any first round prospects.
2460231, Indy had to go big with west opting out
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:50 PM
theyll try and move hibbert
2460232, WHUUUT??
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:50 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA now7 seconds ago
OKC (14th) has been pushing to make a move into Utah's spot (12) in recent days -- and some of Thunder's top targets still on board now.
2460238, I think they want Payne.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 07:54 PM
Though Booker wouldn't hurt.
2460241, Lmao at lyles face getting picked by utah
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 07:57 PM
2460243, gif?
Posted by High Society, Thu Jun-25-15 07:59 PM
2460396, He was on that Derek Harper 2K15!!!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:53 PM
Dey got bitches and weed in (Utah), right? (c) Fake Andrew Bynum
2460242, utah stay losin
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 07:58 PM
2460252, They took Lyles, no? I don't mind that pick at all.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:09 PM
They went best player available instead of drafting for need. Or maybe they have suitors for Favors. Lyles is an intriguing player to me, I think his numbers probably suffered the most from that deep rotation at Kentucky.
2460244, Alright, I'm ON TO THE CELTICS!!!
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 08:00 PM

I've MOVED ON!!

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460248, GOOD
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:03 PM
2460267, But Melo tho :(
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 08:24 PM
2460278, But Giannis tho : - )
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 08:31 PM

Hi

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460245, Shots fired!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:00 PM
2460253, TRBO moving to Phoenix.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:10 PM
2460254, Cameron Payne to OKC, great fucking pick IMO
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:12 PM
He gets to ease into a good situation where he won't be relied upon much early but can assume as much responsibility as his play merits. This makes that Reggie Jackson trade, which was already shrewd, look that much better.
2460255, this is boring without trades
Posted by celery77, Thu Jun-25-15 08:12 PM
2460256, Random non analytics eye prediction:
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:14 PM
Cameron Payne pisses off Russell westbrook
2460257, "Cameron Payne coming in wit a chip on his shoulder"
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:15 PM
>Cameron Payne pisses off Russell westbrook
2460260, He looks like a rapper who should have "Lil" in front of his name
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:19 PM
2460265, Nah, I'm calling bromance.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:23 PM
2460259, Oubre to ATL, nice, fits in and adds a little of what they need
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:19 PM
Could develop into a guy who can kind of create his own shot, can defend, and can shoot off the catch. Long player, versatile and doesn't need to produce right away since they have a somewhat competitive team.
2460261, Now he is headed to DC? WTF? How many smalls do they want?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:20 PM
2460264, Terrific value at that spot, though.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:23 PM
Oubre is Top 10 talent for a 19th and two future seconds. That's a bargain imo. May not be terribly useful right today... but fuck it, the 19th wouldn't have given them any major difference makers.
2460284, This is true
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 08:34 PM
I do fear for his development. If Pierce stays and they don't move Webster then I dunno if he gets much PT.
2460288, Probably doesn't need it this year anyway.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:36 PM
May need a year in D-League. Eventually he's a great guy to bring up behind Beal and Porter off the bench. Besides, assets will probably be dealt to get help for Durant anyhow.
2460305, RE: Probably doesn't need it this year anyway.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 08:50 PM
>May need a year in D-League. Eventually he's a great guy to
>bring up behind Beal and Porter off the bench. Besides, assets
>will probably be dealt to get help for Durant anyhow.

Ehh...I would feel better about the D-league if the Wiz had their own team but they don't so he will probably be stuck on the bench looking stupid.

I wish the Wiz could get in on the Cousins deal but I honestly don't know of any attractive assets outside of Beal that they could offer.
2460315, No question and ATL ultimately gets Hardaway Jr out of it? L.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:58 PM
I like Oubre at that spot but I just feel like with all the size in this draft, the Wiz could have addressed that need somehow.
2460292, They tired of waiting for Otto.
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-25-15 08:38 PM
2460297, Otto played well this year, come on, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:39 PM
He was terrific in much of the playoffs.
2460316, LOL why would they lost patience NOW? Or is this just Big East hate?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:00 PM
Porter came along nicely late in the year
2460262, Nope wizards
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:20 PM
2460301, I love that trade play John, Beal, Otto, & Kelly together for stretches.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 08:45 PM
Spread the floor and go. A lot of quickness and length.
2460303, Absolutely. Otto at Stretch 4. Although I doubt that's next year.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:48 PM
Oubre will need a year to pull it together.
2460357, Jones could use time to get stronger, too, but he looks like a nice combo
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:27 PM
2460397, Goddamnit I meant Porter. Second random last name switch today
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:54 PM
Between the NHL and NBA drafts my brain is fried
2460269, Rozier is already the worst pick of the draft. I've seen enough.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:25 PM
At 16?!?! He's a shoot-first PG who can't shoot!!
2460270, Boston takes Rozier, I like Roberts more but maybe they have an idea
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:26 PM
I kinda like Rozier and thought the T+J thread was harsh on him. But I think there were definitely better players on the board here. This is also an odd fit for Boston, who already has some small guards. Maybe they made the pick for someone else?
2460320, Meant Hunter, not Roberts, dunno wtf happened there.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:03 PM
2460271, Did the Celts need another guard?
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:26 PM
2460274, Especially one who really can't shoot?
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:28 PM
If they wanted a PG who can't really shoot but can defend really well, they have Marcus Smart, who is bigger and stronger and better in pretty much every other way.
2460281, Smart is on the block. Ainge is gonna trying to cash in
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:32 PM
2460285, I don't think Rozier plays in the NBA past rookie contract.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:34 PM
So obviously I would think it's an awful pick regardless. But *especially* with Smart, who's a bigger smarter and better version of Rozier in every way.
2460289, Agreed. Very similar games
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:37 PM
>So obviously I would think it's an awful pick regardless. But
>*especially* with Smart, who's a bigger smarter and better
>version of Rozier in every way.
2460294, Nope. Terrible pick.
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 08:38 PM
Unless we're really down on Smart and wanted a backup PG for Lil Zeake.
2460314, basically
Posted by Lach, Thu Jun-25-15 08:58 PM
2460272, oooooh rockets getting an asset...
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 08:26 PM
who mad?
2460273, Bucks going with Vaughn, aiming for the long term. I like it.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:28 PM
2460277, Dekker to Houton would be nice
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:31 PM
2460295, Later in the first or second round
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-25-15 08:38 PM
I think they are going to be disappointed.
2460283, rox needa take grant or jones right now
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 08:33 PM
2460296, Yep best available talent
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 08:38 PM
theres 4 guards left We can trade up for if we really want.
2460287, This kid is terrific.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 08:35 PM
2460290, Cameron Payne got in the lottery and Mo's Bows got shine...Memphis reppin!!!
Posted by MaxPtah, Thu Jun-25-15 08:37 PM
2460291, Really wanted Houston to take Jones. Oh well. Fine pick.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:37 PM
2460323, Maybe they still get him at the top of the 2nd
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:06 PM
2460293, YUK...FUCKING YUK..TRADE THIS FOOL
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 08:38 PM
2460299, ....and now they're trading Hardaway.
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 08:43 PM
2460302, I like Grant more, actually. Not a bad choice by them.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:47 PM
2460307, I don't see Hardaway being much better than he already is
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 08:51 PM
He's a decent, one dimensional player.

I think Grant will be more useful.
2460367, RE: ....and now they're trading Hardaway.
Posted by clayinhishands, Thu Jun-25-15 09:34 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!
"Tryna get my hands on some Grants like Horace!!!" I said back in March that I'd love it if the Knicks signed Jerian Grant. Finally!!! A SMART point guard. 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. Good on the ball defender. Athletic. An assist machine!!! High basketball IQ. Can create off the dribble. Thank you Phil!!! All is forgiven.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/25/8849243/nba-draft-2015-knicks-hawks-tim-hardaway-jr-jerian-grant-trade
2460300, One of Harvey's boys
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:45 PM
2460304, Umm that was a good trade, Knicks.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 08:50 PM

n/m

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460306, Who cares, you quit on your team
Posted by Ryan M, Thu Jun-25-15 08:51 PM
2460333, Hahah. Now YOU seem sad. For why?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 09:14 PM

Cry wimp

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460313, We got Jerian!!!!!! I AM HAPPY. Good night!!!!
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-25-15 08:58 PM
2460369, RE: Umm that was a good trade, Knicks.
Posted by clayinhishands, Thu Jun-25-15 09:39 PM
Finally!!!
--------------------------------------
KNICKS BLOG: The Knicks are Like an Abusive Boyfriend
http://bkknicksfan.tumblr.com

"God's commands are only as hard to obey as his promises are to believe."
2460308, Feel about to speak on the Knicks pick.
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 08:54 PM
Ut oh
2460309, Wonder if Smart for Noel type deal might go down
Posted by SoulHonky, Thu Jun-25-15 08:54 PM
Only thing that makes sense with that pick is dealing Smart.
2460312, Let me just make this clear: Nerlens ain't moving
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:57 PM
But yes I agree Boston is going to make a trade or three tonight
2460321, I hope he's traded, not for James Young though.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 09:05 PM
Gotta divest from the Sixers all together.
2460328, LOL why? Good chance we get another Wildcat next year
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:09 PM
We will be in the lottery and so will some more of your boys.

Noel came along well last year, IMO he was the best rookie in the league although not by a head or anything crazy.

Eventually we WILL get aggressive about actually winning, probably right at the end of his rookie deal
2460310, I'm in the other room...did they just say Feel gonna defend dat Zingis next?
Posted by Deebot, Thu Jun-25-15 08:54 PM
2460324, I feel bad for Porzingis
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:07 PM
Knicks are a bad fit for his skillset. They gonna force him to be something he is not.
2460358, https://twitter.com/cdub415/status/614258111466094593
Posted by WarriorPoet415, Thu Jun-25-15 09:27 PM
https://twitter.com/cdub415/status/614258111466094593

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"
2460311, Vaughn to the Bucks, nice, they had two great options there
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 08:56 PM
2460318, Phil Jackson redeemed himself by getting Grant?
Posted by Starks dunked on Bulls, Thu Jun-25-15 09:01 PM
2460322, coulda had justise and grant tho
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 09:06 PM
2460327, Or Mudiay and Portis. (Though your combo is better.)
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:08 PM
2460331, I do like Grant but he's no savior. Feel will sink or swim with DAT ZINGIS
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:11 PM
2460375, RE: Phil Jackson redeemed himself by getting Grant?
Posted by clayinhishands, Thu Jun-25-15 09:42 PM
Grant is the 1st heady, mature PG that the Knicks have had in a long while. This was a fantastic trade by Phil.
--------------------------------------
KNICKS BLOG: The Knicks are Like an Abusive Boyfriend
http://bkknicksfan.tumblr.com

"God's commands are only as hard to obey as his promises are to believe."
2460393, He did in my eyes...but that Zingboy need to be Dirk 2.0
Posted by Castro, Thu Jun-25-15 09:52 PM
2460325, Fran cysed Connaughton at 22. I'm dying.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:07 PM
2460338, IKR? I mean I am the president of his fan club and I LMAO'ed!
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:18 PM
My dad was like "What's so funny?" I think once he realized who was being discussed, he was also in on the absurdity.
2460330, Good pick for my Bulls....
Posted by murph71, Thu Jun-25-15 09:10 PM

Portis there means Taj is gone...

Still need a back up PG though.....But I like this pick....
2460335, He's solid. I like that pick too.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:15 PM
2460359, I wanted Tyus or RJ but I'll take Portis
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jun-25-15 09:28 PM
We can trade Taj for a SF upgrade or a wing shooter
2460339, BA=Crowning, peaking, exploding as Hunter AND Jones are there for CLE
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:19 PM
2460340, Tyus back home to Minnesota via the Cle pick
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:20 PM
Rubio and Lavine. PG central strikes again.
2460343, Should allow Zach to play off the ball more
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:21 PM
Ideally, he's not a team's primary ballhandler. He only played point as much as he did last year because Rubio can't (and likely won't) stay healthy.

Depth at point guard was (oddly enough) a need this offseason.
2460341, TYUS COMING HOME, TELL THE WORLD
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:20 PM
http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tyus-jones-twins-2.jpg
2460342, Cleveland drafted Tyus Jones, traded him to Minnesota.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:20 PM
Wonder what they got back.

Tyus could start in Minny.
2460346, The 31 and 36 per Woj
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:22 PM
2460344, 31 and 36 going to Cleveland, not too shabby.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:22 PM
2460345, I like Tyus in Cleveland. Much needed pick.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:22 PM
2460349, RE: I like Tyus in Cleveland. Much needed pick.
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:23 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site569/2014/0310/20140310__3-10TyusJones.jpg
2460347, Why did the Cavs move down there? Weird
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:22 PM
Had two very good options. I guess they are gunning for depth at the top of the second round.
2460355, Yeah I just saw that......
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:27 PM
Didn't feel like editing my post. But yeah pretty weird to give him up.
2460356, Bodies and hired guns
Posted by Orbit_Established, Thu Jun-25-15 09:27 PM

I dig it

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460366, Yeah they are gonna be deep as hell possibly
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:32 PM
2460363, Could grab a Euro with first round talent and bring him over in a year or two
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:30 PM
2460368, They might think Hunter will slip.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:36 PM
2460348, Man.. Delly ain't losing that backup point guard spot!!
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:22 PM
2460353, LMAO @ all that lengthy Jones analysis while most knew he was gone
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:26 PM
2460360, "Lebron swinging that sledgehmmer, he wanted Tyus Jones"
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:28 PM
*10 secons later*

"He's going to the Wolves, as everyone on Twitter knew by now."
2460370, Lol, just making up narratives
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 09:39 PM
2460354, Yup...Rubio gone by mid season. Tyus gonna get that 16/7 year 2
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jun-25-15 09:26 PM
Minny is my new fav team outside of Chicago.
2460362, He's got a big boy contract now, but we'll see
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 09:29 PM
2460364, Good.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:31 PM
>Minny is my new fav team outside of Chicago.

I'd like Minny more if Flip wasn't the coach.
2460361, Memphis had Hunter staring them in the face, wow. I like Martin though
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:28 PM
Kind of a Z Bo lite. Memphis saying fuck addressing needs, give us more of the same! Got deeper with this kid and Barnes but didnt get any kind of shooting or ball-handling.
2460371, Lakers couldn't get this dude at 34?
Posted by Kungset, Thu Jun-25-15 09:39 PM
2460374, He wouldn't have gone 40. And I loved watching Wyoming.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:40 PM
2460378, exactly what I was thinking but
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Jun-25-15 09:43 PM
maybe there was no one else they had rated significantly higher..
<---- 5....

2460421, i dont think it was as much of a reach as it appears
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:32 PM
i read a piece yesterday--it was in a billings paper, but who else would write about him???--saying his stock was rising and he could get in the *high* 20s.

he seems very raw but given development time lost to injury/illness, athletic ability (seems unaffected by knee issues) and pedigree (larry nance boyeeeee) maybe he is a player.

the lakers draft record at the bottom of the first round SUCKS ASS though, so probably he will die a fiery death before the end of his rookie deal.
2460372, Nance 100% would've been there at 34. That's a WTF pick.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:39 PM
2460376, Yeah he's a reach.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:42 PM
2460377, they wanted to give a nba guys kid guaranteed $$$ dat 'Nati
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:42 PM
2460379, They have... bigger problems.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:43 PM
2460412, Ahhhhh I get it. Its to light a fire under the Kobester
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 10:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZRk_WUcAAasf9.jpg
2460384, I read that he was killing it in the workouts
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 09:47 PM
Didn't think we would take him at 27 but if Mitch rates him highly, so be it.
2460401, They're still going to get the guy they want at 34.
Posted by Rick Fox Jr, Thu Jun-25-15 10:00 PM
Upshaw or Brown
2460464, Nah man, I wouldnt say 100%
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:36 AM
He was a late riser and they wouldnt have taken him if they felt that strongly. I have seen that happen before, a guy projected at one spot goes 15 spots higher and suddenly you find out a bunch of teams were eyeing him. Given their soon-to-come pick, I have to imagine that was the case here.
2460474, I mean... he rose from undrafted to mid-2nd, lol.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-26-15 01:23 AM
When I was doing my initial second round mock a few weeks ago, he wasn't on *any* mock drafts, first or second round. I think Givony moved him into the forties this week.

Still not sure why a team with as many needs as the Lakers wouldn't have moved back if he was "their guy." And considering his offensive game is, to put it mildly, undeveloped, I'm not really 100% sure how he helps them in the next year or two. (Although maybe that's the point, they don't care about the next year or two.)
2460559, Oh don' get it twisted I think he is going to be a bust.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 10:50 AM
I don't think that highly of Brown either.
2460381, Well Cle just lost Hunter
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:45 PM
2460405, not happy about that.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jun-25-15 10:03 PM
damn superteaming killed the Cavs chance at having someone good in the stash... oh well
2460382, gstate should roll the dice on Looney
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:46 PM
2460386, Young Festus type?
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:49 PM
2460392, they dont need anything if they bring everyone back
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:51 PM
and I dont like him but he does have lottery talent. Maybe with that group of guys they can make his talent shine...+ he has the versatility to play multiple positions they love.
2460395, Could end up being a decent replacement for D.Lee.
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Jun-25-15 09:52 PM
2460383, gstate should roll the dice on Looney
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:46 PM
2460388, Lakers should gamble on Upshaw at 34..
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jun-25-15 09:49 PM
2460390, LOL BILLY KING LOL
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 09:51 PM
Stretch four who doesn't shoot treys and has average-ish size for a three. L.
2460394, hes a NY KID though!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 09:52 PM
2460403, EXPONENTIAL LOL THEN LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:01 PM
His thick ass NY accent makes Jarvis and Mark Jackson sound like they grew up in Seattle!

I already knew this kid was going to suck but Billy King's vote of confidence is a titanium nail in his coffin.
2460399, SF size? he's 6'10 with a 7'3 wingspan
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 09:59 PM
He's real skinny and has to fill out, but I don't agree on SF size.

I see a lot of D League next year, and he's got a lot of work to do but there's potential there.
2460404, Has he grown since January? Without adding weight?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:03 PM
First I see him at 6'7", 200 lbs. Then he was 6'9" but still 200. Now he is 6'10" with a ten-story wingspan?

He doesn't look 6'10" to me but if I am wrong then I rescind my critique of his height and instead limit it to his lack of strength, lack of range (nice mid range though), injury history and general bust-face-having nature.
2460410, He's never been listed at 6'7
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 10:14 PM
He was always listed at 6'10 from when they recruited him, and throughout the season on everything that I saw.

The injury happened. Not ready to call him injury prone though, knee injuries can hit anyone at anytime in basketball.

Lack of strength is a real issue at this point, no question. Physical teams like St. Johns were knocking him around. He's young though. His ability to get stronger and bulk up will be a big factor on if he makes it or not.

I think he has the shooting stroke to extend his range.

A skinny freshman with upside coming off a major injury....yeah, there's definitely bust potential. But it's a good spot in the draft to take a chance on a kid with some potential. He's got a lot of work to do, no question.
2460430, Uh, yeah, man, he definitely was
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:41 PM
He was earlier this year, he was 6'7" on NBADraft.net and 6'8" on Draft Express. *Right today* the former has has him at 6'9", the latter has him at 6'9" but the writeups refer to him matter-of-factly as 6'8". At the combine he was 6'8" and 1/4 without shoes.

I mean, to my eye, Christmas looked taller, which is hard to believe because usually your eye gets tricked by a skinny guy who is about the same height as a more built guy.

Anyway, I recognize that he is a coordinated kid with a decent stroke, but I was not feeling him previously and now that Billy King cosigned him ...
2460587, Then nbadraft.net was wrong and misinformed
Posted by DJR, Fri Jun-26-15 12:50 PM
I watched every game. 6'7 was never in play.

2460391, Longo called it weeks ago.
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 09:51 PM
2460402, :)
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 10:01 PM
2460398, And now that real begins. ROUND 2
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 09:57 PM
2460400, Come on Twins and Dakari! #BBN
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 10:00 PM
2460406, Osman gonna end up in Canton
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jun-25-15 10:05 PM
2460407, WHO?
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 10:06 PM
2460408, Harrell - love the value of the pick - but not a great fit right away
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 10:09 PM
I know were trying to move TJones though
2460409, Harrell is a good look in Houston.
Posted by Beezo, Thu Jun-25-15 10:09 PM
Kepp him away from Dwight and the social scene.
2460414, WAIT!! WE GOT MONTREZIIII??????
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 10:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! FK YEAH
2460415, Philly, Center!
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 10:18 PM
2460416, Someone tell me about this Christmas dude.
Posted by Kira, Thu Jun-25-15 10:21 PM
2460417, he try hard. plain and simple.
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 10:23 PM
2460427, RE: Someone tell me about this Christmas dude.
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 10:36 PM
Hard worker. Much improved throughout his college career.

He'll work hard, play hard, and play his role. I think he could have a long career as a decent role player off the bench.
2460431, Yeah, he should give a decent 15 mpg. I like the pick.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Jun-25-15 10:44 PM
2460428, They did well with that pick, congrats
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:36 PM
Banger with great work ethic but he is not like hopelessly one-dimensional. Very good fourth big IMO.
2460420, Sixers running the all Big Offense. Take that Warriros.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 10:30 PM
2460422, Christmas cool.
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Jun-25-15 10:33 PM
he kind of reminds me of Tristan. a lil more refined in some ways, particularly offensively

2460423, Yes! Team Lebron/Christmas! Dion gone, but I'm back on board!
Posted by DJR, Thu Jun-25-15 10:33 PM
2460426, I was hoping he'd fall to Philly, we got a similar player, I guess
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:35 PM
Dunno shit about this Bowling Green guy but looks like a banger. Christmas I like, he will stick as a pro and now he is in a great situation. Good for him.
2460438, RC know his role tho, doesn't think he's a star
Posted by Basaglia, Thu Jun-25-15 11:19 PM
pretty sure he won't get fat every offseason, too
2460424, Bilas: We assumed this white guy was not a good athlete LMAO
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu Jun-25-15 10:34 PM
You didnt know CONNAUGHTON was a good athlete? The two-sport pro who SKIED for rebounds all tournament long? LMAO.

Billy King made a good pick, how long until he trades it? My advice to him? Well, how's your curveball looking these days?
2460433, CLARIVOYANT CHUCK!
Posted by MothershipConnection, Thu Jun-25-15 10:49 PM

>
>Billy King made a good pick, how long until he trades it? My
>advice to him? Well, how's your curveball looking these days?
2460467, I wish. Billy King is just painfully predictable. Happy for the kid
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:40 AM
That is a W for Portland, IMO they got the better prospect (nothing against RHJ but he didn't impress me much) and a roster player that will help them. You look at them up front, yeesh, not a lot of athletic ability between Lopez and Leonard.
2460425, Love the Anthony Brown pick....3 and D
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Jun-25-15 10:35 PM
2460463, man I'm loving the Brown and Nance Jr. picks...
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Fri Jun-26-15 12:34 AM
got to say the Lakers did very well tonight..

2460434, Plumlee to go replace LMa - Hollis-Jefferson to BK with steve blake
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 10:50 PM
2460435, I GOT ALL SATNAM SINGH SHARES
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-25-15 11:01 PM
just a reminder -- I have a license on the Indian subcontinent

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
2460440, Lol what? just becaue you like biryani and samosas fam? cmon
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 11:22 PM
>just a reminder -- I have a license on the Indian
>subcontinent
>

2460442, he wants to get indian shares via triniship
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 11:29 PM
2460444, Jack Warner says we have a deal
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-25-15 11:30 PM

2460443, India and Trinidad have an agreement on visas
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-25-15 11:30 PM
IT COUNTS

2460436, SIR DOMINIC WIT BRON THO!! HA!!
Posted by LAbeathustla, Thu Jun-25-15 11:04 PM
2460437, these are great
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 11:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZR_DkVAAEDEX5.jpg:large https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIZR_DuVAAAjBtW.jpg:large

Should be fun just for rookie hazing purposes
2460439, SATNAM SINGH!!! DESI!! WE IN HERE!!!!! #GAININONYA
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 11:21 PM
2460441, punjabi too, no?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Thu Jun-25-15 11:23 PM
2460448, you can pretty much assume any NBA player is going to be Punjabi
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 11:42 PM
theyre usually the tallest (and huskiest) of the desis

2460466, To me, he has the most potential of ANY player in the draft ...
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:38 AM
to be a perennial all-ugly team selection.
2460445, he is a large human being. his dad was 7'2 too?
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-25-15 11:33 PM

2460449, yea i watched some of this guys highlight tape and wasnt impressed
Posted by guru0509, Thu Jun-25-15 11:43 PM
but kudos to mark cuban for taking a flier on him...

didnt he also try out another 7 foot chinese guy..the name is escaping me right now.

edit, the younger bhullar brother has some real promise though. if he can keep the weight down
2460475, he has some skills, but he's super slow
Posted by Rjcc, Fri Jun-26-15 01:30 AM
and looks like he just learned basketball out of a book in the last two years...cuz at the levels he's been playing, he pretty much did.

*shrug* maybe he has the athleticism to develop when faced w/ better players, maybe he doesn't. we'll see

2460447, when they said singh I ran to the bank for my shares like
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Jun-25-15 11:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8bzl6dqQI

2460450, Lakers get Upshaw and Ashley
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jun-26-15 12:05 AM
charania] Lakers reached summer league commitments with undrafted bigs, Washington's Robert Upshaw and Arizona's Brandon Ashley, source tells RealGM. (twitter.com)
2460456, Upshaw is fucking *great.*
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-26-15 12:24 AM
Invest in a bodyguard or two for him to keep him in line, and he will pay major dividends.
2460465, I thought for sure Upshaw would go 60th to Philly
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Jun-26-15 12:37 AM
Hinkie stashing guys though.

I fuck with Upshaw, floor Hasheem Thabeet, ceiling Manute Bol. Shot blocking stud. Not much else to his game I don't think.
2460544, FUCK YES!!! I wanted him at 34.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jun-26-15 10:06 AM
But this works for me just fine.

This was a nice ass draft for us aside from Nance, a pick I'm just confused by.
2461199, Upshaw has questionable intangibles.
Posted by Wonderl33t, Mon Jun-29-15 03:14 PM
He couldn't stay on the team at friggin Fresno State. Peace to dude and I wish him well, but I wouldn't expect much. Low-risk high-reward, though.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jun-26-15 12:06 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2507122-nba-players-cant-believe-the-comparisons-jalen-rose-made-during-2015-nba-draft

dat tradional eye test scouting
2460457, Rose was so embarrassing.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Jun-26-15 12:24 AM
At least Simmons wasn't on fucking up the broadcast again this year.
2460485, Damn, I thought it was just me.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Fri Jun-26-15 07:14 AM
And he kept looking down at his notes, like he they were pre-written. Wtf?
2460488, we get it shawn, you're a numbers guy. you clown eye tests
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-26-15 07:36 AM
2460518, I'm not at all. I clown guys who discount all analytics
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jun-26-15 08:46 AM
i think both work best when used together.

In fact my Stanley/Winslow call is based all on eye test and barely any analytics.
2460528, well, why you'd ask me about eye test when comparing them?
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-26-15 09:29 AM
it don't matter...we'll see.
2460532, Because you said for the last 4 years jus had been better every step of the way
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jun-26-15 09:34 AM
which most things the last 4 years have rated Stanley higher Throughout this time up until the last few months. So my question was what was your statement based off - just YOUR eye test?
2460533, i said 3 years, first of all. and justise is better.
Posted by Basaglia, Fri Jun-26-15 09:36 AM

i guess russell not better than everyone who ranked above him 12 months ago.

lemme help you...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true

tyus gon be better than stanley too, while i think about it.

LMAO...i forgot about Pinson, he was the other one Justise wasn't ranked above.

Man, good luck.
2460542, Damn, y'all hear about this Larry Nance Jr tweet?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Fri Jun-26-15 10:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/new-laker-larry-nance-jr--deletes-tweet-that-called-kobe-bryant--rapist-054648201.html

Lakers LYING...they couldn't have known about that before
they drafted him

(C)Keith Murray, "
2460552, #477
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Fri Jun-26-15 10:28 AM
2460590, I mean, you know about it now.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jun-26-15 12:54 PM
Why would you think they WOULDNT know about it? It's pretty easy to do.
2460689, I heard Mitchell say he didn't know about it, from his own mouth.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jun-26-15 05:09 PM
2460573, Just wanted to stop in to say DAT ZINGIS!!! again
Posted by Deebot, Fri Jun-26-15 12:02 PM
2460623, So the Celtics offered the Hornets 4 1st Round Picks to move to 9
Posted by ChampD1012, Fri Jun-26-15 02:41 PM
which included an unprotected pick from the Nets...

At least Danny Ainge tried to move up...