Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNow who thr fuck wanna see Jamal Fades 'em all? We got Jamal Murray man!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2459679
2459679, Now who thr fuck wanna see Jamal Fades 'em all? We got Jamal Murray man!
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Wed Jun-24-15 05:30 PM
Whew... After a season of negative recruiting about platooning. Losing out on supposed locks.Killa pulls out the #1 class in the country.

We gonna dribvle drive!

3 guard offense!

That Tyler Went Tyler!
Zay from N.J.!
Now Big Bluejay Nation!

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/jamal-murray-picks-kentucky/
2459684, no snark
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Jun-24-15 05:53 PM
at what point do you care or get mad that all this talent has produced 1 title, if at all? Or are you just happy to be getting top recruits and getting to watch them grow at UK before they go to the league?
2459686, I don't get mad at all. I leave that for the extremists.
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Wed Jun-24-15 06:04 PM
I enjoy the entire process. It's too much fun to get mad quite frankly.

We recruit them.
They come and learn. They get better. Become a team.
We make a run.
They get drafted and pursue their dreams. I watch them some more.

It is pretty hard to get mad at that.

2459688, Weird to say it, but who cares about individual season failures?
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jun-24-15 06:05 PM
If Cal brings in the top recruiting class every year, and every year they make it to at least the Elite Eight, their odds at breaking through, say, once every five years or so? Incredibly good.

No one wins *every* year. If Cal can bring in, to keep things reasonable, let's say two titles per decade? That'd still be incredible. And they can easily make that happen with that consistent level of talent.

UK fans can get mad when the talent stops coming, because when the talent stops coming, the odds of winning a title decrease. With the talent constantly renewing, those odds are good *every* year.
2459986, Four final 4's in five years is NUTS
Posted by Marauder21, Thu Jun-25-15 04:29 PM
Yeah only one of them resulted in winning it all, but that alone is an incredible accomplishment.

All you need to get eliminated is one off game, one team that matches up better with you than they do other teams, one guy whose shots just aren't falling and your season is done.

I think if UK played Wisconsin in a seven or five game series, they would have won. The '11 team maybe could have done the same against UConn. But to win six consecutive games against six different teams like that is so difficult to do once, let alone multiple times.
2459763, it's one more than they'd have otherwise. cal has them in play every year
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Jun-25-15 06:35 AM
what else can you ask for.
2459700, congrats
Posted by Basaglia, Wed Jun-24-15 06:46 PM
2459708, Killa
Posted by Beezo, Wed Jun-24-15 07:07 PM
2459777, orangeville represent!
Posted by themaddfapper, Thu Jun-25-15 08:23 AM
the 3 pg's if they do it right should all get better behind this
2459825, I've had visions of Deron, Dee, & Luther for 3 months now
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Thu Jun-25-15 10:52 AM
We ain't gonna go 40-0 but the team should be better than last years squad (w/o Poythress).
2459789, Side Note: The Pete Rock Remix To This Joint
Posted by RexLongfellow, Thu Jun-25-15 09:12 AM
One of the illest hip hop joints I've ever heard.

Just a side note: carry on
2459797, speaking of Jamal..
Posted by melmag, Thu Jun-25-15 09:25 AM
https://youtu.be/hLRJsBLez-0
2459984, oh werd. one of my all time favs... thanks for postin this.
Posted by PG, Thu Jun-25-15 04:20 PM