Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyour argument is starting to slowly fall apart at the seams
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2457495&mesg_id=2457688
2457688, your argument is starting to slowly fall apart at the seams
Posted by vee-lover, Wed Jun-17-15 02:08 PM
>So yeah that sounds nice, but how can he say I'd take a guy I
>never saw play?

You think MJ doesn't know of Russell's greatness? Better yet, how abt Kareem or Shaq or Moses? He definitely saw and played against the latter two...and he said he'd take Hakeem over any center that ever played because of his unique skill set

>
>He was a teenager when Cap was in his prime in the 70's. So
>did he really see him in his prime either, especially given
>how infrequently the NBA was on TV in the 70's.

Dude, Jordan older than me and I'm well aware of Kareem's greatness - I'm sure Jordan is very well versed in the history and legends of the game. C'mon...I seriously doubt that's why he said he'd take Hakeem over any other center
>
>Plus, are we really trusting Jordan as a talent evaluator?
>This is the same guy who took Kwame Brown as the #1 Pick.

He has his opinion like anyone else

>I'm not saying Russell is the best ever simply because he has
>more rings though. He is in the discussion based on his
>stats, leadership and rings though. He dominated his era. He
>routinely beat the other guys who were the best of the best in
>that era while putting up crazy numbers and being the Alpha
>Dog on his team.

WTF? Lebron's stats are already better than 90% of the all-time greats - he has more MVPs than Magic/Bird/Shaq/Kobe/Duncan and has been on the 1st team All-defense several times...won 2 gold medals...2x champ...2x finals MVP...on pace to finish in the top 3 scorers and assists of all time (no one has ever done that)...all-time leader in assists for SFs...he resume is stellar...

He's lost 2x to an all-time great team and arguably the GOAT PF and a top 3 HC in Popovich...he lost this year w/an undermanned team to the best team in the league that featured the MVP...he also beat Duncan and he beat the 2nd best player in the league in the finals in a rare head-to-head battle 4-1...

He's the 1st player that I have seen that has had to go at it alone in the finals more than once...
>
>Download my new mixtape featuring Lecrae, Andy Mineo, Christon
>Gray and more. Positive Hip Hop:
>http://www.noisetrade.com/wadeoradio