Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSan Antonio has always been the team that makes the most sense
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2455109&mesg_id=2459791
2459791, San Antonio has always been the team that makes the most sense
Posted by celery77, Thu Jun-25-15 09:15 AM
LaMarcus often cites Tim Duncan as the player he looked up to most when he was younger, LaMarcus has often spoke of free agency in terms of "I don't know, but I do think I can be part of a contender," the pairing with Kawhi Leonard is basically as good (or better) as any other organization (DAL, HOU, LA) can offer, Tim Duncan gets to assume the David Robinson role as they introduce LA into the Spurs fold, Patty Mills is an ex-teammate, supposedly LaMarcus has two kids in Texas, one being in San Antonio. Totally anecdotal, but for whatever reason LaMarcus has played some of his best games of his career against the Spurs (postseason aside). He just seems like a guy who's motivated by things besides just money and being able to be in the hottest VIP clubs. I've never put much stock into any of the rumors except for San Antonio, who I thought, honestly, LaMarcus would be crazy to turn down...