Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthink I'm being perfectly fair saying Nic's an approximation of Iguodola
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2455109&mesg_id=2459747
2459747, think I'm being perfectly fair saying Nic's an approximation of Iguodola
Posted by celery77, Wed Jun-24-15 10:59 PM
who just won Finals MVP. He's a ball-mover on offense, (last season aside) he's a floor-spacer with his shot, and he can be the lynchpin of defensive schemes, guarding 1-3. He can guard Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker in the same game, Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis, Kevin Love, LeBron, or Kyrie Irving. AND he's still young.

I get that he's not as strong as Iguodola and he's more inconsistent than Iguodola, but the Blazers starting five has been one of the best five-man units in the NBA over the last two years and that's been with Nic playing 36+ minutes a night. There are very few teams in the NBA that couldn't find a use for a player like him.

Which makes me really wonder about LaMarcus, because why break up a five man unit you know is strong in order to get a middling rotation guy and a project pick? You just unloaded Thomas Robinson for nothing, now you're dying to repeat the experience? Maybe they need the cap space, maybe they just wanted to move the expiring deal sooner rather than later? I dunno, I'm considerably less interested in Blazers basketball next year with this one roster move alone...