Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectA GM denying it on the record means nothing, but overall I agree w/you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2455109&mesg_id=2459353
2459353, A GM denying it on the record means nothing, but overall I agree w/you
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Jun-23-15 03:42 PM
I once had a GM tell me a trade was not happening that ALREADY HAPPENED. During practice, I got a text from the player's agent saying he had been traded, this was probably 10:20 or 10:30. Just before the practice ended at 11, I saw the GM and asked him to confirm. He said there had been no trade and he couldn't comment on negotiations. If you think he dogged me out, he told the same thing to the writer for the team's website and even yelled at him about it (uncharacteristic given their relationship). Maybe an hour later, he was on national radio talking about the trade lol.

But yeah this deal is not happening! The only way it would be if Sac could get the two picks and Vuc and then what the hell does Orlando get? As reported it is a laughably stupid trade where the Lakers give it to both teams up the dook shoot. Of course that happened in the Howard trade, but there was at least some lube involved there.