Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThese are just ridiculous
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2446419&mesg_id=2446834
2446834, These are just ridiculous
Posted by bshelly, Mon May-18-15 01:01 PM

>Walt Frazier
>Nate Archibald
>Steve Nash
>Dennis Johnson
>Kevin Johnson

Numbers lie, but they don't lie that much. There's simply no way these guys are as good as CP3. The only one you can kind of even make a statistical argument for is Nash, but CPPlea is an all world defender and Nash is a sieve who quit on the Lakers. <--just threw that last part in for fun and because it's true.

>Stockton
>Gary Payton
>Jason Kidd
>Boby Cousy

This is his real peer group. Me personally, I'd take him over every guy in this group except Prime Payton, and Gary Payton's prime was much shorter than you remember.

So, yeah, much as it surprises me, I've got him as the fourth best, behind Magic, Oscar, and Zeke. Zeke is actually fascinating, because CP3's numbers destroy Zeke's and good Lord doesn't that destroy all of my arguments above? Except I watched Zeke willingly not dominate the ball. It's one thing to have the ball in your hands and make the right passes. It's entirely another to be ok without touching the ball because it's best for the team, and Zeke did that better than anyone I've ever seen.

The guys in the other tiers, they still dominated the ball, and their numbers are so far below what Paul does playing the same way that there's simply no way to argue they had a comparable effect.