Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLook at Taker though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2439813&mesg_id=2446285
2446285, Look at Taker though...
Posted by jimaveli, Sun May-17-15 12:06 PM
Early on, they put him over EVERYONE. He was zombie noselling, pinning Snake/Snuka/whoever, etcetera. He even pinned Hogan and Jack Tunney had to show up to make up This Tuesday in Texas to give Hulk another go at him!

Remember when he got jumped by most of the heels on the roster to lose a casket match vs Yoko that time!? And they sold it like he was noselling death? AKA dude was treated like big business from the beginning. THEN, they spent years ruining him, building him back up, changing him, building him, then ruining him again, then pretending he's super important with occasional title runs and all of that.

Now, it looks like they are taking liberties with Bray because they think they can ruin him and fix him just like they did with Taker. But they are looking at it all wrong. Taker got legend status bestowed upon him and had enough good matches and/or classic moments to validate the billing. As for Bray, Shawn Michaels isn't walking through that door to bounce off a cell and/or to further validate a streak. And there's no Mick to do stunt falls either. AKA Bray needs protection, wins, iconic moments and HOPEFULLY a better week-to-week existence if they are ever going to get something out of him. He's barely a contender for any title right now. If he's not up against Ryback, none of us are confident that he's winning. He hasn't looked good alone since he beat Bryan that time with the killer Sister Abagail on the outside. He needs more of those.

>He just picks different victims to stalk and goes after them
>in the same way. I'm sure he works house shows and stuff but
>he doesn't really wrestle TV matches - he just appears in his
>own vignettes or to attack someone after their match.
>
>He's crazy talented, it's a great gimmick, he has good matches
>but the routine of the feuds has remained mostly the same
>through Cena, Jericho, Ambrose and now Ryback.
>
>Splitting up the Wyatts made no sense to me - Harper has
>impressed in singles matches but I think he and Rowan
>should've worked as a tag team first before splitting because
>there was a good run to be had there. I guess they're seeing
>that now.
>
>Bray should be given a title I think - it means wrestlers have
>to actively chase him which could be a good dynamic. Either
>way, he should be wrestling on Raw way more than he does.