Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCalgary is in deep shit, Giordano out for the year.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2425337&mesg_id=2425612
2425612, Calgary is in deep shit, Giordano out for the year.
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Mar-02-15 07:01 PM
>LA @ CGY - both wildcards could come from the other division
>so whoever finishes 4th is SOL

LA was in tenth and I got the question a lot about them missing the playoffs. I said they'd make it and maybe the Wild, too, because Winnipeg and Calgary were both vulnerable. I cannot see Calgary fending anyone off without Giordano who, with all due respect to Johnny Hockey, is their best player and a guy they have no replacement for.

>DET @ MTL - Id really like to avoid Tampa in the first round.
>We're 6 back with a game in hand, and now its the habs' turn
>to play 3 in 4 nights in cali starting tonight

One through six in the East is so tightly packed that I don't think you can even look at seeding yet but I do agree Montreal has some vulnerability to lose ground with a tough road trip coming up.

>BOS @ FLA - maybe for the last wildcard spot in the East

Ottawa is hot, if they can keep this up they will be in the conversation, too. I don't trust the Panthers because their offense can go dead in an instant. Boston can probably hang on but God knows they have their problems. I hope Ottawa puts it together because at least that would mean the 8 seed would be heading in with some momentum. I can't picture Boston or Florida beating or even really testing anyone.