Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject..off of Dom Perignon, putting hickies on her chest like Sheed Sulaimon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2425327
2425327, ..off of Dom Perignon, putting hickies on her chest like Sheed Sulaimon
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Mar-02-15 11:21 AM
Get her drunk off of Dom Perignon...putting hickies on her chest like Sheed Sulaimon.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/02/report-ex-duke-guard-rasheed-sulaimon-accused-of-sexual-assault/
2425328, glad he got dismissed.
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Mar-02-15 11:26 AM
2425330, Man, from what you and Frank have said. And from this...
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Mar-02-15 11:29 AM
dude must have some real issues. Like he needs help.

From the outside, I just thought he was just a regular knucklhead at worst.
2425336, K needs to be careful.
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Mar-02-15 11:40 AM
He's gonna get indignant like Boeheim when asked about this at pressers. He should probably watch his indignance and treat this seriously.

As far as the dismissal, I need to know more, because it's got to be hard if the students won't come forward or press charges to dismiss a player based on the reports of one staffer sharing info he/she gleaned from a private help group. Hopefully that's all the university had and there isn't more underneath this.

Also, and most importantly, if Sheed did this, then fuck him. Charge him and toss him in jail.
2425348, Agreed, this looks bad
Posted by analog2digital, Mon Mar-02-15 11:56 AM
10 months with no action taken (on the SECOND allegation). Student secretary kicks up some dust and Sulaimon is gone within a week?

K is *probably* okay on this (no charges, ongoing(?) investigation) but he should tread lightly.
2425357, but he did take action
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Mar-02-15 12:18 PM

this is why i always read carefully during time of outrage.

it reached K in Marh 2014. THEN...

<<<The anonymous affiliate said other athletic administrators were then made aware of the allegations. Among the administrators identified by the anonymous affiliate were Mike Cragg, deputy director of athletics and operations; Director of Basketball Operations David Bradley; and Kevin White, vice president and director of athletics. The allegations were also brought to the attention of Sue Wasiolek, assistant vice president of student affairs and dean of students, according to the anonymous affiliate.>>>

nothing happened for months and months because no charges were filed because the girls were afraid of being pariah's on campus, evidently because basketball is all that matters at duke. you kinda need the cooperation of the victims to figure out what happened.

sheed was cut because those girls were prolly afraid to speak out against a basketball player on that campus. he's no longer a player, so i hope they say what they need to say and justice can be done.
2425379, He did, but with no more evidence than he had 10 months prior
Posted by analog2digital, Mon Mar-02-15 12:41 PM
And by "action" I'm referring to the dismissal, not just running it up the chain of command.

Correct me if I'm reading it wrong.

Second allegation in March 2014.

No charges, informal or formal, for months on either allegation.

Random student secretary catches wind, quits his job out of moral outrage, looks like he's about to go rogue...

Rasheed gone the next week.

It just looks weird.

Now of course, there is likely a host of team-related issues that contributed to the dismissal. And maybe something from the Title IX investigation prompted K to pull the trigger.

But I'm really interested in the circumstances surrounding the student secretary quitting. Like, if he quit specifically because he didn't feel like anything was being done, then that's interesting to me. However, the article isn't completely clear as to why he quit.

Maybe the student wasn't a factor at all but the timing is funny.

We'll probably never know one way or the other.

2425364, I don't even care if K is "fine."
Posted by Frank Longo, Mon Mar-02-15 12:22 PM
If he did in fact cover it up or intentionally fail to do due diligence (not saying that they did, just the big "if"), I would feel gross supporting a program that reacts that way to sexual assault. It seems like he directed the investigation to the proper channels according to that piece, though.

I understand that the biggest issue is likely that these women wouldn't come forward, won't make public accusations, won't speak publicly about it period (for now), and the university can claim a lack of credible evidence for dismissal until new information arrived... but if that's the case, then SAY THAT. Say in the presser that you received information a year ago, had conducted a lengthy investigation in order to try to gather any evidence whatsoever, to avoid dismissing a player based on whispers, and recently found/heard enough to merit dismissal. Don't play this coy shit. Call the fucker out. Turn all the evidence you gathered over to the police and have the county investigate him further. Full disclosure is the name of the game.
2425365, yeah, otherwise the feds will be knocking on the door
Posted by cgonz00cc, Mon Mar-02-15 12:24 PM
2425369, not realistic...
Posted by Basaglia, Mon Mar-02-15 12:28 PM

lawyers will never allow their clients to say what will make you feel better for PR purposes. it just ain't gon happen.

K ain't gon speak from the heart...until it's OVER. maybe not ever.

not tryna be a dick, but that's just how these things go. they following protocol.

i will say i woulda been cool with K cutting him as soon as he learned of the accusations.

2425415, Coach K. will get the benefit of the doubt. If it was Cal though?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Mar-02-15 01:17 PM
Shit, College Basketball, 1 and done rule, Sleazy Cal, blah blah blah.
2425344, big paws, lil puppy
Posted by Billy Ray Valentine, Mon Mar-02-15 11:48 AM
2425359, shit and here i thought they just kicked him off cause he was an ass
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Mar-02-15 12:19 PM
2425417, Ctrl-F "Wojciechowski"...no returns
Posted by HowieDooem, Mon Mar-02-15 01:18 PM
Phew.