Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: "I'm just here so I won't get fined."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415680&mesg_id=2416041
2416041, RE: "I'm just here so I won't get fined."
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Wed Jan-28-15 03:39 PM
It's funny, the number one thing I come away from this thread with is how "mad" Americans of all stripes constantly are about "the media"

Conservatives, Liberals, black, white, tea partiers, everyone in America feels like "the mainstream media" is against them.

It's like how no matter who you ask in the Middle East, the US is to blame. For supporting ISIS. For supporting Israel. For supporting Iran/Shiites. For the secular military dictatorships. For the Sunni monarchies. For supporting the Arab Spring.

Shit is hilarious.

Suddenly Lynch's doings at SuperBowl media day are a blow struck against Big Brother as well as proof of the last gasp of "the old media paradigms" and of black athletes overturning white supremacy in sports.

SB media day is like the Red Carpet at the Emmys or something. Banal questions about and the whole thing is kinda silly, but when someone decides to wear jeans and a wrinkled t-shirt or bring their mom instead of a celebrity date, it's an amusing jab at convention but yeah that's about it. Star Magazine and US Weekly are not about to go out of business as a result.