Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYup, that was cool to see. My thoughts on the special:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415017&mesg_id=2420818
2420818, Yup, that was cool to see. My thoughts on the special:
Posted by Brougham 2334, Thu Feb-12-15 09:46 AM
other great show. Love how they disregard the cool down match theory, and just put the best 3 matches all back to back.

-Best Itami match since joining NXT. Loved the hulk up, loved Tyler busting out the selfie stick and the Bret Hart post figure four.

-Corbin isn't working for me, he doesn't look menacing in the ring, his finisher doesn't make sense to me, and ever since some dude on reddit pointed out that his belly button is a wide smile, I can't really take his matches seriously. Bull is fine I guess, his singlet and finisher are awful, but he can be an NXT midcarder.

-Tag match was a mess. Only people on the show who came out looking weaker.

-Loved the Balor/Neville match, was paced really well. Dug the post-match faded Balor paint, reminded me of when I'd mark out as a kid when Warriors would fall off. Favorite spot was the red arrow countered into a small package. Kinda hoped they turned Neville heel at the end.

-Every single NXT live event special as had a baller womens title match. Everyone looked strong in this, especially Bayley. Less hugging, more top rope suplexes. What's up with Corey Graves shitting on Becky? I get it, she's a poser or whatever, but he's Corey Graves? Dug the nod of respect between Banks and Flair, wasn't sure if it was a quick "proud of you" moment, or if Flair is getting called up to the main roster.

-Kevin Owens wins by KO is perfect. Zayn never pinned and Owens looks like a Brock level murderer. I love the idea of a heel who cries when get wins the title, but could also give a shit about his lifeless best friend on the floor. I know they aren't letting him do the package piledriver, but that pump handle neckbreaker he uses looks way more dangerous.