Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Anyone watch last week's NXT?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415017&mesg_id=2419878
2419878, RE: Anyone watch last week's NXT?
Posted by jimaveli, Sun Feb-08-15 07:40 PM
Itami's Japan stuff is ridiculous. Shit is physical with a bunch of video game moves and reversals. A lot of people showed a gang of ass for him...eating stiff kicks galore. And they sold for him. And they didn't go out of their way to 'make him look small'. Of course, he's also the inspiration for most of Phil's wwe offense as well as Brian's running knee+ finisher.

real talk, if you want to enjoy yaself, roll up on some indy highlights on YouTube. Kevin Steen vs El Generico will have you ready for Owens vs Zayn. KENTA. Bryan danielson. Tyler black shit will let you know for sho that Rollins is about to be the king shit for the next decade unless wwe has jokes or he gets hurt.

I've been doing that and watching wwe network all day. I am in the midst of watching random Brock Lesnar stuff. I still can barely believe Brock vs Goldberg with scsa as ref in 2004 somehow didn't go well. I get that they were both leaving but damn...Maybe wwe was getting too greedy with the hulk hogan big match (wm6 vs warrior) template. Aka trying to heat-check every move to make limited action look and feel like more than what it is. Meanwhile, even Stone Cold was in the ring looking like 'damn guys, let's go'. But they hossed it more than I remember. That hogan-Lesnar match from smackdown was a whole lot of nothing but at least Hulk showed SOME ass in between jackass nosells. And he sold the f5 like a Barry White Driver.

>Balor-Itami was pretty great. Hideo made that dropkick into
>the corner look absolutely vicious. I can't say I pay
>attention to Japanese wrestling, so I only know both of these
>dudes from what I've seen so far on NXT, but I like both of
>them. Balor seems like a can't miss star already. He's
>incredible.
>
>I was enjoying Neville-Corbin until the ending sequence. I get
>why they had it play out that way, though. I was interested to
>see Corbin in a regular-length match against a good opponent,
>and I guess we got most of the way there. I don't particularly
>care about another Corbin-Bull Dempsey match, but it's a no DQ
>match so maybe they'll just beat the living shit out of each
>other for like 10 minutes and that'll be that.
>
>Anyway, another live special this Wednesday, and it should be
>fantastic. Zayn-Owens, four-way women's title match and
>Neville-Balor should all be killer, plus whatever happens in
>the Corbin-Bull and tag matches. I'm excited for it.