Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: How they never got to Orton/Brock these last few years is truly maddening.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415017&mesg_id=2417080
2417080, RE: How they never got to Orton/Brock these last few years is truly maddening.
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Jan-31-15 09:27 PM
>Dude I honestly haven't watched consistently since Rollins
>turned on the Shield. It's the worst it's ever been.

There's been some brutal times. No Hogan vs Flair in WWF '92 on a major show is a crime against humanity. Hogan's WWF involvement was terrible in basically Manias 7 through 9.

And some of that looks like AJPW golden age compared to Hogans pre-nWo WCW stuff. He did basically nothing with VAN VADER! He murdered Flair. He made Savage his little buddy. He wasted what could've been great years for Sting. Crow Sting was cool stuff but then Starrcade 97 happened. Dungeon of Doom before Paul Wight showed up!? Shiiiid...terrible. Besides that, bad times...Bret getting kicked in the head after wallowing in wackness in WCW for a year after the Montreal whatever. And Steve Austin getting dropped on his head and having to be less of a hoss than he really was during his hot run. Shawn Damn Michaels being a drugged up/partially crippled mess and missing the core of the attitude era.

We've gotten to roughly a decade with 3 of the 4 Radicals being either not alive or basically missing.

And lawd...Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy nowadays...

I skipped a lot between WM 21 and 24. I was live and in person for WM25 (aka HBK-Taker 1), so I've been at least at arm's length for everything since then through the ups and downs.

I love the network too. It is probably the best 9.99 a month I spend..either that or PSN+XBox Live.

But I need Vince and them to get this thing right. This roster is crawling with wrestling ass wrestlers. There's NO excuse to have bad wrestling basically anywhere on these cards. And good wrestlers should be doing good stuff. Cesaro, Dolph, American Dragon, etc...hell, even unreliable ass Orton.

Brock's run is awesome for something that has been completely fucked off. All of the stuff we're talking about with Brock having killer matches with these cats should be happening. Brock having..what..SIX matches with Cena or HHH and none with most of the best workers in the group is embarrassing. Hell..imagine him vs El Generico/Sami Zayn. A no-sold Helluva Kick or something. Imagine Brock catching him and F5-ing him when he does his 'jump through the corner' thing outside. And Sami would soak up that Ricky Morton heat vs a monster like Brock like no other. Awww man homie...WWE is playin tricks on me.

Jimaveli