Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe missed opportunity on this is fucking mind blowing.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415017&mesg_id=2416369
2416369, The missed opportunity on this is fucking mind blowing.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-29-15 12:06 PM
Not to mention the fact that we still haven’t gotten Sheamus or Orton. What’s fucked is that Brock returned in a great era for big men (work wise, lord knows I’m not talking about presentation and marketing here) and at this point we coulda/shoulda seen at least SOME of the following matches for Brock:

-Sheamus . My favorite for this. Holy shit at the physicality on that one. Seriously, that would be a match where we’d all wonder *how* hurt they were, not *if* they got hurt. That’s easy the most physical, brutal match I can envision in WWE and we wouldn’t need tables, ladders, or chairs to get it. That’s a Hoss end-all, be-all. Sorry Brooklyn, Sheamus really is that good. Yeah, the character is corny as fuck but dude can flat out go.

-Cesaro. Arguably less physical then Sheamus but the visual display of power and atheleticism that could have been achieved here would have been among the most memorable things in WWE….. perhaps ever. I’m not exaggerating. The swing, those uppercuts, the swing into the barricades, THOSE UPPERCUTS, the suplexes, I mean seriously… what other match in WWE history can fuck with that combination of power and athleticism with two A+ workers? It’s like the Hoss equivalent of, say, Eddie Vs HBK in their prime.

-Barret, the Bare Knuckle Brawler! HELLO, VINCE!!! The motherfucker is a legit boxer! Brock’s MMA weakness was the stand up game! HOW THE FUCK do they not capitalize on that? Barret’s leaner than most of the other big men they have but he’s shown he can go toe to toe with anyone. Play up Barret’s standup, add some realism to this shit, and Brock wins the same way he won in UFC- overpowering people, pinning them to the ground, and beating the shit out of their face.

-Orton. Yes, Orton. Back when Paul was telling Cena he’d have to go to the dark side to have a chance at beating Brock, all I could think was that this was the perfect setup to use Orton for Brock’s next match. Orton gives not a fuck about a soul in the WWE and he could ‘hear voices’ all through that match and make God bleed. Orton would have regained every ounce of his God Level heel stature and then some in that match.

Seriously. The stories that could have been told with these guys would have been off the charts. I know, Brock works limited dates. Solution? DON’T’ GIVE US 3 MATCHES WITH HUNTER AND 3 MATCHES WITH CENA! Also, Bray should have had last year’s match with Taker anyways. You ‘do the honors’ for a guy who needs to be made, not for a guy who’s been made twice over. At least two of the aforementioned matches could have seamlessly replaced two of the Cena, Hunter, and/or Taker matches. Literally all would have been better, except for the triple threat at Rumble which stands tall on its own. This title reign would be much better if Brock mowed through a few more of these guys in the process.