Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm telling you... Rocky III is the way to promote Brock/Reigns
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2415017&mesg_id=2415186
2415186, I'm telling you... Rocky III is the way to promote Brock/Reigns
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jan-26-15 11:27 AM
I know I’m a broken record with this but they need to cast Brock more like Clubber Lang than a mere Conqueror. He has to beat the living hell out of Reigns (preferably tonight) and do so in truly evil fashion. Rock would play Apollo’s role, obviously.

Reigns kind of needs to grapple with his confidence and question if he can really do this, because this is the first true monster he’s ever faced. Problem is, he doesn’t exactly give cause for confidence in pulling out such range.

Part of the issue here is that they’ve slowly written Brock into something to admire based on his work with Rollins (Yup… Edge 2.0) and after him basically rising from the dead last night to beat Rollins and Cena, he’s going to get a hero’s welcome from here on out unless he starts acting like a dastardly bastard instead of a guy who’s just dominant instead of evil.

The fucked Reigns even more by letting Uncle Rock come out for the save, especially since that connection hasn’t really been teased. He’d have been better off overcoming the odds on his own. Vince probably thought Rock would give him that rub but it came across so cheap it backfired.

I dunno what the fuck to do with his promos either because he really shit the bed in the backstage segment afterwards. I like him but they’ve completely neutered him. I’d still hire him to babysit before I’d call him to help me in a fight.

They need to make him more sympathetic and make Brock much more evil for this to work, and even then it’s a tall order.