Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo one is above criticism, so I have to disagree with you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2413596&mesg_id=2457924
2457924, No one is above criticism, so I have to disagree with you.
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Jun-18-15 09:15 AM
I see your overall point in regards to the extent of bashing he gets on here, but no one is above criticism, especially if they are a top notch player than doesn't produce results. Some of the lack of success in NY is out of Carmelo's hands (Amare injuries, lackluster front office moves since he's been here), but he can't totally be absolved of getting bashed if you hold him to the high standards he's held up to as a top level player.

I personally kind of look at him side eyed because he isn't a top level defensive player, but that's I grew up watching basketball in the 90's, so I prefer tough nosed defensive minded players, which is a subjective taste on my part. He gets some share of the blame for what's wrong with the Knicks currently, but I'm not idiotic enough to believe Carmelo is the absolute reason why the Knicks currently have major issues, and that's considering the fact I'm not a huge fan of his individually.