Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: there's a ton of assumptions with this whole thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2412739&mesg_id=2413484
2413484, RE: there's a ton of assumptions with this whole thing
Posted by Mack, Wed Jan-21-15 09:36 AM
There are plenty of stories out there about teams messing with game balls. I heard something on the radio this morning about how this happens everywhere whoever the source of the quotes was has worked. Everyone does it and no one ever says anything. Like all of the stupid unwritten rules of baseball.

So why wouldn't the refs check the game balls? because maybe they never do. We all have jobs (supposedly). I'm sure we all have tasks that we're supposed to be doing routinely that almost always get skipped and then skipping that task becomes the routine. I don't know. I'm not there to witness any of this and am also making assumptions, but maybe actually weighing and checking the games balls before a game is something that refs just don't do. They just place the check mark in the box and keep moving. Just because it's written as what they are supposed to do, doesn't mean they are doing it.

And the link somewhere else in this thread about the heating up of the game balls during the Vikings (my favorite team) game can be relative to this situation. They were messing with the balls during the game. Where was the outrage then?