Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: A quarter century of HOF Quarterbacking...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2412508&mesg_id=2674948
2674948, RE: A quarter century of HOF Quarterbacking...
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Mon Oct-08-18 03:40 AM
And we are still in the same place…

EXCEPT NOW ITS THIRTY YEARS

And the murmurs are fucking open secrets now.

No one was saying it after he out dueled Caleb Hanie, just me.

But people started to notice as the years went by...DODGERS TOO SCARED TO PULL THE TRIGGER!

And pretty soon a few other voices were pointing out the Emperors stat-facular attire:

https://twitter.com/fduffy3/status/801535503346651137

But it took time, and repeated rinse-wash-repeat Packers seasons to end up back here again.

Oh wait COOLEH he was hurt last year!

Oh hey, I wonder if it's cause he held the ball forever like always?

But yeah, time passed and Rodgers has become a person people vaguely know is good but everyone knows-without-admitting isn't actually the guy you want when your team has the game on the line.

No…no one would. Cause Dodgers will not take you any further and it will be more boring getting there.

And now let us go to the DEBACLE IN DETROIT as narrated by Wisconsin's paper of record*

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/10/07/dougherty-predictable-packers-struggling-just-follow-usual-script/1538712002/

One of Rodgers’ great assets is turning bad plays into good ones by breaking the pocket and finding somebody downfield. McCarthy has even built those improvisations into his offense.

But off and on over the years it’s been very much a double-edged sword, because things bog down when Rodgers too often passes up an open receiver early in hopes of finding something better later. The Lions, in fact, invited that by rushing only four, giving second and third efforts to chase him down when Rodgers moved around, and covering with seven or even sometimes eight players.

Twice the Lions strip-sacked Rodgers on extended plays in the first half that led directly to 10 big points and a 24-0 halftime deficit that was just too much to overcome.

“I had a couple real bad ones,” Rodgers said.

Rodgers’ final numbers looked good — he passed for 442 yards and a 108.0 rating — but he did not play well. Two lost fumbles don’t show up in passer rating, but they surely change games just as much as interceptions. And as he has the last few weeks, he missed a couple big throws that could have changed the game, too.

“If I hit Davante (Adams) on that first drive he might score on a crossing route,” Rodgers said.

*no sarcasm intended

OR HEY JUST ASK TJ LANG PACKERS VETERAN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

“We love the extended plays and all the miraculous things that he can do, because he can do it anywhere from any point in time on the field. It doesn’t matter what the situation or the fundamental flaw he’s in, he can drop a dime anywhere he wants,” left tackle David Bakhtiari said. “(But) I think there’s a double-edge sword to it.

“There are times that I thoroughly enjoy ‘12’ bailing me out of situations, and being able to feel the rush and evade it. And then there are times when he’ll evade some rush right into my block, or he’ll be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. So I think it’s good and bad on both ends, but at the end of the day, he makes unbelievable plays with the extended stuff. So there are good things we can take away from that.

“What goes into it is not as many times is he going to be holding the ball for the over three to four seconds. That extra second can go by really quick, and a lot of people don’t notice, but that’s the difference between having a clean pocket and having a collapsed pocket.”

I know people are going to come in here talking about his knee is hurt, blah blah blah but look folks. he is not some young kid just cutting his teeth anymore. I mean, to be real, his prime is over and the back end of it is not very pretty right now.

Sure Eli in the same (worse) boat but Eli let them fly when he had his chances and he has two rings.

Blame Dodgers or blame Green Bay, I dunno but they struck a oil twice in a row and ended up with a nice split-level in Seacausus with a new midsize sedan in the carport.