Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIs there a precedent for what Kroenke is doing??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2406818&mesg_id=2407388
2407388, Is there a precedent for what Kroenke is doing??
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jan-06-15 12:33 AM
regarding a current owner of a pro team.... going into a deal on a new stadium in another state...with a soon to be expired lease...

I'm trying to think of past situations with owners having stadium issues.....either owners who moved or owners who didn't..

have any of those guys ever gone into a deal regarding a stadium in another state, BEFORE their current situation has been resolved...

Has an owner ever did this and stayed?

has and owner ever did this..then did a lame duck season..then left?

has an owner ever did this period?

and if it has happened before, what was the response of the league and the owners at the time??

this seems like a fairly unique situation...

I see people saying that Kroenke may be doing this to have a team other than the Rams play in the stadium.

has an owner ever built a stadium with his own money for someone else's team to play in ??

has an owner of a team who is trying to get more money out of a city actually gone to the lengths of buying land and making a deal with people to build a stadium in another city/state...then turned around and took the money from the home city and stayed?

some historical context in all of this would be appreciated..

obviously I want the Rams to move back to Los Angeles..but I'm only wanting to deal in facts, since this has now seemingly gone into the category of a possibility....

I just can't see Kroenke or any other mufukka building a stadium for someone else's team to play in...lol...