Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSo Bron shares some of the blame for Blatt currently failing, yes?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2404256
2404256, So Bron shares some of the blame for Blatt currently failing, yes?
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-29-14 11:03 PM
Dude hasn't bought in from day one.

I remember a game in the preseason where during one timeout, Bron was literally blocking Blatt out of the huddle while handling that shit on his own. A few timeouts later, Blatt is handling the timeout while Bron is at the scorers table not giving two fucks. Seems like things haven't changed since. Total disregard/disrespect from The Ultimate Team Leader. That shit trickles down.

He's a cancer right now.

2404258, Bron's league
Posted by Beezo, Mon Dec-29-14 11:09 PM
and team
2404259, Interesting how you guys didn't cop these pleas for Mike Brown.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon Dec-29-14 11:12 PM

Racism.

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404265, he's playing with two "top-5" guys at their position today
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-29-14 11:24 PM
he has no excuse. it's 110% his fault for not making this right because he set the entire thing up. different situation.

and yes, his immaturity and pseudo leadership under mike brown should have probably been addressed as well. but sadly, at the time, people were too consumed by his goat trajectory to care.
2404268, No, we analyze shit like this when white people suck at their job.
Posted by Orbit_Established, Mon Dec-29-14 11:35 PM

When black people are in charge and don't succeed, "the nigger
can't process information properly."

There is no nuance. There is no analysis. There is no
context.

Black people are magic negroes: get in, fix it, or get
the fuck out.

White people get their situations analyzed.

That's why I can't respect this post.

Mike Brown got BLAMED FOR KYRIE'S FAILURES LAST YEAR,
with a SHITTY TEAM MINUS LEBRON and KEVIN FUCKING LOVE.

Its racism. That's all.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404276, A coach is twenty games into his tenure and the team leader/franchise player
Posted by RandomFact, Tue Dec-30-14 12:10 AM
is actively tuning him out. Thats cancerish. And it doesn't take much analyzing to figure this out.

Not much more complex than that, but take it wherever ya want.
2404277, If he was black, the narrative would be about his "B-Ball IQ."
Posted by Orbit_Established, Tue Dec-30-14 12:21 AM

That people are talking about LEBRON FUCKING JAMES
AT ALL is all that I need.

Its Lebron. He's PROVEN himself.

Blatt has proven NOTHING.

Period.

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404287, did you watch the Cavs last season? please stop talking about Mike.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-30-14 07:21 AM
2404266, It's Blatt's fault?
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Mon Dec-29-14 11:25 PM
2404267, RE: It's Blatt's fault?
Posted by RandomFact, Mon Dec-29-14 11:31 PM
ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein reported Monday that there is concern within the organization that Blatt is not reaching players. In particular, there is concern about Blatt's ability to coax maximum effort out of his players, which has been an issue on both ends of the floor all season.

2404280, they've literally rewritten every article about brons 1st year in Miami
Posted by SeV, Tue Dec-30-14 01:08 AM
Just edited the names of the coaches and players

but im banned tho.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!
2404302, is this a junior knicks ymca league?
Posted by Cenario, Tue Dec-30-14 08:55 AM
>In particular, there is concern about Blatt's ability to coax maximum effort out of his players
2404279, lol dude said lebron is a cancer
Posted by SeV, Tue Dec-30-14 01:03 AM
possibly the funniest Bron hate I've seen on here

but im banned tho.

Dallas Cavericks LETS GO!!
2404286, anyone who says no is suspect.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Dec-30-14 07:20 AM
2404294, Yes he does
Posted by bshelly, Tue Dec-30-14 07:55 AM
Blatts an innovative, proven offensive mind. He's being a little haughty with this "I've won so many championships" mindset he supposedly has. At the same time, Bron is treating him like he's never coached a game in his life, and Blatt has earned more respect than that.

I don't know, I just feel like both dudes are being stubborn pricks and need to grow up. Far more likely Blatt gets canned, obviously.
2404320, "Proven offensive mind" like Pringles!?!?!
Posted by Orbit_Established, Tue Dec-30-14 10:13 AM

And the Cavs can't DEFEND.

That's their biggest problem
2404711, Which is just like Pringles teams
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-31-14 09:36 AM
2404722, You're right, they SHOULD get a rim protector
Posted by bshelly, Wed Dec-31-14 09:58 AM
Good point, thanks for making it.
2404758, How about a coach who understands how to teach defense?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-31-14 12:06 PM

That an option?

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404932, Blatt is PROVEN?
Posted by RexLongfellow, Wed Dec-31-14 07:07 PM
He's got as much NBA coaching experience as Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr...all those Euro league titles amount to nothing in the NBA
2404306, Lebron on Blatt "What other coach do we have"?
Posted by Cenario, Tue Dec-30-14 09:07 AM
Kyrie on Blatt "I will do anything for Coach Blatt"
Love on Blatt ....

Oh, i guess they ain't ask his opinion.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/29/7463937/lebron-james-david-blatt-rumors-cleveland-cavaliers
2404311, blatt not commanding respect is blatt fault
Posted by southphillyman, Tue Dec-30-14 09:34 AM
blatt been garbage so far and now all the thinktanks who sucked him off in the preseason trying spin the underachievement with the obvious scapegoat
smh
if bron hadn't taken over the cavs would still be hovering around .500 right now
talk about THAT
talk about how bron was the one that got dion to calm down, NOT blatt
niggas plea copping bout dude not being able to handle lebron when he was coming into a toxic environment REGARDLESS
foh

all this they ain't running his offense shit is a diversion anyway
let's talk about this coaching staff defensive deficiencies
mike brown ain't have an offense either but got better results with lesser players by focusing on defense
Spo was smart enough to peep where he stood, adjusted and got two rings out of it
NO EXCUSES
if he can't adjust to handling NBA egos and personalities then FIRE HIS ASS

2404749, you talking about first term Mike Brown here?
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-31-14 11:44 AM
>mike brown ain't have an offense either but got better results
>with lesser players by focusing on defense

because last season was a disaster if there ever was one
2404759, Mike Brown had Lebron James and Kevin Love last year?
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-31-14 12:07 PM

He had Dion Waiters, a gimpy Kyrie and a bag of dicks.

I'm confused

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404806, and he still couldn't draw up an inbound pass play.
Posted by Dr Claw, Wed Dec-31-14 01:37 PM
he worked with bags of dicks before and got better defense out of them. the game passed him, dogg
2404767, first term. last yr he gets a mulligan because Kyrie
Posted by southphillyman, Wed Dec-31-14 12:16 PM
2404951, Weird how Kyrie, career loser, is enough to get Mike Brown fired
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-31-14 08:33 PM

(C)Keith Murray, "
2404316, lolz!!!!!!
Posted by dula dibiasi, Tue Dec-30-14 09:59 AM
GENDAPALOOZA
2404318, http://memecrunch.com/meme/3UNHS/i-just-came-here-to-read-the-comments/image.png
Posted by LegacyNS, Tue Dec-30-14 10:10 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/3UNHS/i-just-came-here-to-read-the-comments/image.png
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
2404322, oh we're not gonna blame LeBron for getting Wiggins traded, too?
Posted by celery77, Tue Dec-30-14 10:19 AM
everything in Cleveland runs through LeBron and his camp as far as I can tell. We can maybe blame Dan Gilbert for being a feckless yes-man in the face of greatness, too, but yeah -- as LeBron goes, so do the Cavs.

If LeBron is undermining the head coach (because he wasn't personally involved in the hiring of said coach) then yeah, that's a big problem. That's quite an "if" though, without any of us really being around regularly to see what's actually happening in Cleveland.

Also, it's not too different from ANY superstar situation in the league -- any coach who can't get the star to buy in is not going to be long for the job. It's only a concern if Bron never gave Blatt a fair shake because he was Gilbert's hire and not Team Bron's.
2404534, What the wasn't the right move anymore?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Dec-30-14 06:34 PM
Wiggins ain't exactly have a Shaq/AI type rookie year.

How many fucking Cavs posts are we going to have anyway? I feel like often nothing even happens and another one appears.
2404555, jury's out for both teams, just saying of COURSE Bron getting blamed
Posted by celery77, Tue Dec-30-14 07:07 PM
Bron might well have been responsible for the Republican wave on some sports blogs -- shit, I heard fairly credible people speculating on Johnny Manziel going to the Browns due to Bron's representation (same agency).

Most interesting part of the Cavs string playing out this year, though, is Kevin Love's contract status, because that could definitely change the trade...
2404743, oh yeah i mean if he bounces for nothing, that's a major L
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Dec-31-14 11:39 AM
but i think his re-signing or being traded (most likely S+T) are stronger possibilities.

right now the east is mostly as i expected. i guess the hawks are better than i thought. raptors not really, figured they could do serious damage with that weak ass division schedule. chicago with their bigs looked tough and now butler taking a big step forward. to me it's the same two-horse race, chicago and cleveland. right now obviously the bulls look a lot better but we'll see around the 65-game mark IMHO.
2404537, reports: lebron could leave cleveland and he may not like his coach
Posted by dula dibiasi, Tue Dec-30-14 06:47 PM
Reports: LeBron James could leave Cleveland and he may not like his coach

It’s LeBron James’ birthday! Look who’s 30!

Now look at all of us media buzzards diving in to bloviate as to whether LeBron James is long for Cleveland. Again. Let’s party like it’s 2009.

We spent ages talking up and down the Cleveland Cavaliers’ various woes and prominent potential, even with a lacking roster, on Monday. This team can still win a championship. This team can still vault to the top of both the Eastern Conference and the offensive efficiency rankings – perches the Toronto Raptors both currently occupy. LeBron James can still be the guy that hounds Kyle Lowry, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Curry or Kevin Durant in the final stages of a deciding playoff game, while still dropping 33-9-9 on the other end.

The problem so far is that the Cavs have dropped 12 of 30 to start the season, not terrible, but not ideal. They’ve also fallen into the lower third of the league in terms of defensive rating. As a result, we’re all chirping, and one Cleveland beat writer, Chris Haynes from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, even offered this on Tuesday morning:

"James, who turns 30 today, has no intention of compromising his prime years playing for a sputtering organization. He can opt out of his contract at the end of the season and become a free agent.

Given the massive scrutiny he would endure if he departed Cleveland a second time, if his hand is forced, I'm told he won't hesitate to make the appropriate business decision if it means bolting."

(LeBron James, in anticipation of a giant uptick in terms of what a maximum-salaried player can make, intelligently decided to sign a two-year deal with Cleveland last summer with an opt out clause after the initial season. NBA salary rules encourage such a move; rules that are similar to the ones that also encourage Kevin Love not to sign an extension with the Cavs during the season.)

Now, this is anonymously-sourced, we don’t know how many people are doing the telling here, or even if the telling in question was from more than one person. Chris Haynes is on his first year on the Cleveland beat, which is why many in the blogosphere are scoffing at the report, but it is important to note that Haynes did fantastic work in several seasons while covering the Portland Trail Blazers.

The reason for the season, here, is James’ either tepid or spot-on reaction to questions about rookie coach David Blatt’s work so far this season from Monday:

James was asked after practice Monday if he felt Blatt was the right coach for the team, and he said: "Yeah, he's our coach, I mean, what other coach do we have?"

OK, so, there’s that, but there’s also this:

"I'm happy who we have at our helm," James said. "He's our coach. For it to make a feud between me and Blatt or the team and Blatt, it's just to sell. To sell and get people to read it and put something at the bottom of the ticker. That's all it is. It's funny, you could write those same things when we win, too. It's just write it when we lose because it looks better."

And this:

"I think my relationship with the coach continues to get better and better every day," James said, one day after the Cavaliers lost by 23 at home to the Pistons, one of the NBA's worst teams this season. "It's just two months of us being together. I don't know him fully, he doesn't know me fully, he doesn't know any of the guys fully, and that's to be expected. It's our first year together. But he has our attention."

Pick out what you want, deduce what you need, but also listen to LeBron James when he tells you that all of this nonsense (including the post you’re reading right now) is little more than fish and chip paper.

David Blatt is, currently, not coaching to his full potential. His various pro and international tournament teams featured fully flowing offenses that were gorgeous to watch, teams built around movement and the pass that led to the pass that led to the pass that led to the score. Blatt has taken a penny-wise and pound-foolish approach thus far with the Cavs, working in very orthodox ways with basic screen and roll offenses designed to make sure James, Kyrie Irving, and to a far lesser extent (in ways that aren’t his fault) Kevin Love get easy and productive initial returns.

What’s probably most telling about Blatt’s initial turn with Cleveland is that I genuinely started to write “penny-wise and pound-foolish approach with the Heat” in the prior paragraph.

James’ Cavs cannot be directly compared with the 2010-11 Miami Heat, as we wrote about yesterday. By this time in that season those Heat were a far better team than this Cleveland outfit, and while they didn’t top the Eastern Conference standings that year, the Heat did rank in the top five offensively and defensively when 82 games were said and done. Still, the parallels between Blatt and Erik Spoelstra are there. Coach Spo had two seasons under his belt prior to LeBron taking his talents to Florida (we’re not writing that again) but his offenses both with James in 2010-11 and without him in the previous two years were pedestrian and easy to guard. He eventually got better.

Blatt has already been better, just not at this level and with these sorts of players. It will take time; and while the Cavs will never be a good team defensively with that roster, they can turn into an incredibly-good offensive unit if both Blatt and his players decide to take the long view of things. That will have to be the focus, because with this personnel the defense is not going to get much better. Defense is the problem, but there is not a knockout solution for this season.

There are no killer coaches out there waiting to take over. Every sideline stalker would absolutely kill for a chance to coach LeBron, Love, and Kyrie Irving, but even the best of candidates isn’t going to solve anything. George Karl is not going to be able to patrol the paint for the Cavaliers. Michael Malone is not going to be able to close out on shooters. Your favorite Highly Regarded Assistant is not going to be able to peel about 10,000 career minutes off of LeBron’s legs in order for him to start playing devastating two-way ball against the Pistons in December.

“What other coach do we have?” may come off as tepid, but it’s also the absolute right thing to say. Nobody else is coming in that would make a major difference, so both the Cavs and Blatt are going to have to figure this out together.

LeBron James will opt out of his contract this summer in order to both make as much money as he can under NBA salary bylaws, and assess his career prospects. That’s his right. Whether or not you believe he’s making any sort of concrete decision 30 games into an 82-game season is entirely up to you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/reports--lebron-james-could-leave-cleveland-and-he-may-not-like-his-coach-184027461.html
2404565, he's not leaving.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Tue Dec-30-14 07:22 PM
The PR hit alone...naw, he's not leaving a 2nd time.
2404569, REPORT BREAKING NEWS! Windhorstheiser Sauce SOURCES CLAIM
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Dec-30-14 07:38 PM

-->
2404752, dat cloak! 2015!
Posted by Kungset, Wed Dec-31-14 11:49 AM
2404770, i'd laugh my fucking ass off
Posted by southphillyman, Wed Dec-31-14 12:18 PM
then become a fan of whatever team he bounces to
2404808, even lebron isn't this wishy washy
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Dec-31-14 01:43 PM
2404884, It would be funny if Bron went into full I don't give a f*ck mode
Posted by Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Wed Dec-31-14 03:49 PM
and bounced if the Cavs struggle the rest of the season.
2404889, He'd instantly be the most hated face in sports.
Posted by phenompyrus, Wed Dec-31-14 04:09 PM
I don't think it'll happen, but man, can you imagine that shit?
2404921, Lebron: I BEEN a bulls fan I always saw myself a bull (link)
Posted by JAESCOTT777, Wed Dec-31-14 06:09 PM
Http://www.disfloppyazznicca.edu
2404728, SCAAAAAPEGOOATINNNNNN
Posted by dula dibiasi, Wed Dec-31-14 10:24 AM
TAKES ME WHERE I WANT TO BEEEEEEEEE

spo and bosh looking @ blatt and love like 'i feel your pain'
2404877, Oh please, Splatt has been an abject disaster and time is not on his side
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Dec-31-14 03:30 PM
2404944, if they can him i wonder who will be brought in
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Wed Dec-31-14 07:54 PM
a lot of guys are pretty old like adelman and karl. you'd have to think they would want someone proven and i doubt they would promote from within. mostly a younger staff, except for larry drew.

i did not know that the ukraine train was in their front office now.
2404950, http://tinyurl.com/p93wp53
Posted by Orbit_Established, Wed Dec-31-14 08:30 PM

http://tinyurl.com/p93wp53

^took the Cavs to the NBA Finals with Lebron and a bag
of dicks

But he doesn't understand Xs and Os, right?

2404966, I think the heavy favorite has to be Mark Jackson
Posted by Tek4mula, Wed Dec-31-14 09:38 PM
At least that's what the leading conspiracy theory says.