Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectGerod Holliman, Louisville (6'1, 206)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398536&mesg_id=2398802
2398802, Gerod Holliman, Louisville (6'1, 206)
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-12-14 01:47 AM
The most one-dimensional player in the draft. When the ball's in the air and he's playing single-high coverage, he's a top 15 prospect. When he has to do literally anything else, he's an undrafted free agent.

Bar none the worst tackler I've watched this season -- he's allergic to contact and looks like he's point-shaving on run defense. I cannot exaggerate how bad he is at this; he probably hit double-digit whiffs in a few games, and that's not including all the yards he gave up by jogging away from blockers. He also floats around in man coverage, biting hard on first moves and play-action, or just staring into the backfield while a tight end runs a 4.8 past him to the corner.

That said. Piling up the most interceptions in nearly 50 years is not an accident. He's a magician when playing over the top or underneath zones, his breaks on the ball are like teleports and he's a natural at securing the pick. Anybody who can cover that kind of ground and force turnovers will be schemed into a fit, but this guy is pushing the absolute limit as to how much blood you're willing to lose before he makes his next interception. I wouldn't want him on my team before the third round at the earliest, but he'll probably go much higher than that.

+ True centerfielder with unteachable turnover instincts
- Thinks man coverage is more of a suggested 10-yard vicinity near the receiver
- He's not a bad tackler...he's fucking abysmal
- No, seriously, he makes Asante Samuel look like Ronnie Lott in run support