Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's called a negotiation
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2398293&mesg_id=2401104
2401104, It's called a negotiation
Posted by auragin_boi, Fri Dec-19-14 09:53 AM
>You can ask for whatever you want but if your team is in Ba's
>position he has leverage to say no cause his team is good. hes
>not gonna take a deal just to land a star. He's gonna go to
>the next guy and make an offer for their star, rinse/repeat
>til somebody bites.
>
>If nobody bites he keeps his good team.

If I wanted Pau instead of Bogut, I would have altered the deal some and allowed Basa to keep Hill or Scola and replace them with a lesser player or not at all. Pau, Barea, Scola or Hill for Lopez and Durant would still work. Pau is more reliable than Bogut and Durant is more reliable than both. Track record is my leverage. Plus Basa ain't the only game in town for trading.

>A team in Magillas spot on the other hand either stays pat
>with his wack team, or makes some moves to try and climb the
>ladder. One trade alone probably wont get him there, but his
>team gets better and if he plays his cards right he can use
>those assets to climb the ladder again.
>
>Either that or hes stuck doing nothing for 3 months and just
>watching his team on autopilot.

^^^This is personal accountability. If you whiffed on the draft or your guys get hurt, you don't get so desperate that you give away assets. You still work to get the best deal possible. That involves negotiation, counter offers, playing the field and bat signaling. Magilla nor Mat did all of those otherwise I'm sure they could have found a trade that fitted more in line with what they wanted to do.

If not, be patient, tides turn swiftly in this league. Had Magilla waited a few days and Bogut went down for the month or so he'll be down, he could have revisited the deal with B and maybe got Pau.

I mean, If I got desperate because of 13 L's in a row and wanted to trade Cuz...if I couldn't net the deal I wanted, I'd put him on the block and let the league make their best offers.

This is simple. Ya'll try to make it hard.